PDA

View Full Version : Another SkyAuction question

utahkennedys
04-17-2006, 11:45 AM
In the listings I am interested in, it says "subject to availability" and so I am wondering how you know if the dates you want will be available once you win? If there are rooms on Expedia, Yahoo etc. would I be ok? I would hate to bid and then have them tell me there is no availability...

A Mickeyfan
04-17-2006, 12:20 PM
It depends on the auction you are bidding for. I know 2 summers ago there were dates that I needed for a beach front resort that I had wanted. There were different resorts to pick from, but I wanted beach front. Anyway, by the time the auction ended, the dates were gone. They did not charge my credit card. About 3 years ago the resort I bid on was gone by the time the auction ended, they offered me another one that was open for the dates I needed & I took it. This year I won one of the Home a-way from Home ones where you get the 7 nights plus the $100 for future Skyauction bids. I asked them what happens now that the dates I wanted are no longer there (they were there when I bid) they told me that if they do not end up having anything for me, I would get a refund. This auction they did charge my credit card as soon as I won it. From what others have said about this type, they will refund me all but $100 of my money since I basically have a "credit" with them for future bidding. I am ok with that. So far I have not gotten my dates yet for what & where I need it.. and the time frame I need is 5/26-6/2 so it is coming up soon. I just feel like I paid for my resort, but do not have one, if you see understand what I am saying....