PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Realtor recomendations

mikerobrewer
04-17-2006, 10:47 AM
Been to WDW 10 times and have always stayed onsite. Now we are looking to buy a vacation home and have decided a place in or around Orlando (close to Disney) makes sense. We aren't sure yet if we would rent it out but would like that option.

There are literally thousands of listings on the internet and lots of realtors. I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with realtors in the Orlando area, both good and bad?

Thanks!

A Mickeyfan
04-17-2006, 12:27 PM
One way to start would be by asking one that you have dealt with in your home town. See if they can give you a referral. There are even some of your local ones that can find out the info you may need on some homes & then when you go they link you up with one in Orlando to show it to you.. they would split the commission if that is done.

mikerobrewer
04-17-2006, 12:40 PM
One way to start would be by asking one that you have dealt with in your home town. See if they can give you a referral. There are even some of your local ones that can find out the info you may need on some homes & then when you go they link you up with one in Orlando to show it to you.. they would split the commission if that is done.

That is an excellent suggestion. Thank You!

southtown
04-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Sent you a PM with a guy I know.

Good Luck

CPM
04-17-2006, 03:37 PM
I also sent you a PM of someone I know. His wife was my Disney wedding cooridnator. It's one of the top realtors in the area. Very nice guy. raised two girls in the area.

spiceycat
04-17-2006, 03:51 PM
I am probably wrong in this situation - but on your next trip to Orlando - drive around the area what you would to buy into.

see who the majority of these people are using to sell their homes.

you might find what you are looking for yourself...

spiceycat
04-17-2006, 04:07 PM
if you go with this method - here is something to help
first the area codes
http://www.psc.state.fl.us/industry/telecomm/areacode/areacode.cfm

http://www.forsalebyownerpropertysales.com/

but I certainly won't buy without looking over the property myself..... :goodvibes

isla bonita
04-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I think that is a great idea. To drive around and see where you would like to live so you are spending a lot of time on just exactly what you are looking for. There are many people on the dis that own and can give you reasons and info that would be helpful.

torismom
04-17-2006, 08:11 PM
I sent you a pm.

mikerobrewer
04-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Thanks to all for the suggestions and PMs!