PDA

View Full Version : Vistana

KelnRon
04-17-2006, 07:38 AM
We are Orange Lake Owners and unfortunately we banked our week with RCI and Orange Lake is not available when we go down. Looking at Vistana website it looks like it older than OLCC! :guilty: Not too happy about staying there but it is the only 2 bedroom resort available! For those that have stayed there is there a specific building/floor we should try to request? I would love some feedback on the resort... something to ease my mind a bit! Thanks!

klynn
04-17-2006, 08:03 AM
I like either the Cascades or Lakes section. If you have a Saturday checkin there is a chance you could get the dreaaded Courts section. I saw them a few years ago and hated them.

swilshire
04-17-2006, 09:27 AM
We stayed at OLCC once, just because I thought it would be nice for a change. My kids whined unbearably all week about how much more they like Vistana.

Enjoy your stay.

Sheila

MiaSRN62
04-17-2006, 11:31 AM
Some of the Vistana areas are older. The oldest Courts section dates back to pre 1980 when Vistana acquired the property. I own in the mid-range Fountains section. Most people prefer the newer Lakes/Cascades. Lakes was constructed circa '94-'97 (phases over the years). Cascades started going up in '98 I believe....but they weren't finished building until '01 or '02 ?
Only the Lakes and Cascades have elevators. So if you have someone who cannot handle a flight or two of stairs I'd recommend requesting either an elevator building or ground floor. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

VinnyNYC
04-17-2006, 12:56 PM
I stayed at OLCC 2 years ago and stayed in the North section...Resort is way too big and I wasn't a big fan of 192. The pool in the North section was nice, but the clubhouse was outdated. I liked the Vistana resort a lot better, it's been about 8 years since I've stayed there, but the location can't be beat...I'm staying at the Vistana again in mid August for 9 days and we are looking forward to to going back.

grease freak
04-17-2006, 03:48 PM
I to prefer the vistana and I stayed in the dreaded courts, which I thought was fine, clean rooms and everything I needed. I stayed one week at vistana (sister in law timeshare) and the second week orange lake country club, well we hated it, over crowded, could not get to the pool area, we had to drive, vistana is more compact. I could not fault the rooms at orange lake, yes of course better than the dreaded courts (which we liked). We spent 2 hours at the pool area and that was by sitting on the edge of the pool. Even the floor space was taken up. I would not go back there, it may be fine not in season, but just too big for us. I am sorry if this upsets orange lake people, but I felt I had to be honest

toni

f7prez
04-18-2006, 08:19 AM
This seems to be a problem whenever Vistana and OLCC are mentioned in the same thread. People feel they have to explain why they like one over the other. The original poster just wants to know which section of the dreaded Vistana Resort to stay in. I am also curious because it looks like I will be stuck staying their because I can't get Bonnett Creek.

KelnRon
04-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks, I am checking in on Saturday and RCI said Vistana will not assign me a building until we actually check in! I guess it won't be so bad! We have 5 day tickets to Universal and 2 day tickets to Disney so we will hardly be in our room!

MiaSRN62
04-18-2006, 09:51 AM
f7prez says : The original poster just wants to know which section of the dreaded Vistana Resort to stay in. I am also curious because it looks like I will be stuck staying their
:confused3
Why refer to it as the "dreaded" Vistana resort....and use terms like "stuck" ? I'm sorry you feel this way. This is a great resort overall......you will find mostly positive feedback on it so not sure why you are referring to it as you have ? Have you ever stayed there ? Had a bad experience ? I own in the mid section Fountains I/II (not the newest, not the oldest) and we love it. There are older sections that people frown upon, but there are also very nice mid-range sections and newer sections (Lakes/Cascades).

Sure, it won't be as nice as the brand spankin' new Bonnet Creek----are you a Fairfield owner ? Because I'd bet the owners are snapping reservations up there real fast. I'm sorry you couldn't get it.

You can click on my link to see pics of the various sections at Vistana I've stayed in over the years : http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287948459

spiceycat
04-18-2006, 10:00 AM
I stayed in spring and loved it
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/spiceypj/album?.dir=3a1c&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos