PDA

View Full Version : Atkins .....

dustysky
04-16-2006, 09:18 PM
This is a thread for those who have followed or are currently following Atkins.
PLEASE no flames or insults. What works for some may not work for others.

That being said I am on 8 and down 7 pounds :cool1: .
I have 100 to loose to get to goal but would be SO happy to start with a mini goal of 10 then 20 then 50 and so on.

I would LOVE to be able to share snack ideas (easy ones) and meal ideas as well.

Any input would be GREAT ......

Ms.Mouse
04-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Dustysky,
Have you tried the Atkins webstie??? There are all kinds of recipes and many not only taste great BUT are very easy to make. When I was on Atkins, sometimes for a quick snack, I'd have the Atkins bars on hand. They are not only good for a quick snack but a quick meal when on the run also... Good Luck.

FreshTressa
04-17-2006, 12:14 AM
I lost 50lbs on Atkins and kept it off for almost 2 years

I have recently gained back 20 (i'm blaming a new med), so I'm having to diet again.

I don't think I'm going to do atkins, but I do know that low sugar and low refined carbs works really well for me!

Good luck! I'm here to listen/support whenver you need it!

kaylajr
04-17-2006, 06:44 AM
I lost alot using Atkins in 04 when i tried it

than i slipped and now have to get motivated
again

since i know it works
I am starting Today back With Atkins

Good Luck to you :wizard: ( and Me ;) )

dustysky
04-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Cool, so glad to see some other who are also doing atkins.

I have looked at the site a little but they just push there pre made stuff so hard and when I start using any of that I stall.
So far my fav. snack is a handfull of pepperoni and some cream cheese... yum :)

debm
04-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Done Atkins on and off for years. I need to lose about 25 pounds right now but I am not motivated to get back on it yet. My husband has been doing it for about 2 weeks. My favorite snack is thin sliced smoked ham wrapped around part of a piece of string cheese. We also like to cut up smoked sausage and hunks of cheddar cheese. I really do well on the diet except I have to admit eggs in the morning was really getting to me!! Good luck! I'm sure I'll join you soon!

HeatherPage
04-19-2006, 09:54 PM
check out lowcarbfriends.com - I think you'll love it!

jenr812
04-24-2006, 12:30 PM
I started last Thursday and am having a hard time. I did it two years ago and lost 25# and felt fabulous til DH took me on a wonderful birthday trip to a B&B and sadly I slipped. I got super sick but had way too hard of a time getting back on so I just stopped. I kept the weight off til about 7 months ago when I started gaining again - blaming that on the stress of nursing school.

anyway, I want to lose around 55 pounds.

summersfam4
04-25-2006, 07:27 AM
:cool1: I'm with you guys! I did atkins a couple of years ago and kept the weight off, but have never really reached my goal :guilty: . So this week after struggling the last couple of weeks not being able to make the scale budge due to poor eating habits, I decided to jump start my body again with induction, which I feel will help my body remember that constant snacking on sugary sweets isn't a great thing. This morning is day 2 and I don't feel that bad except for a headache that I can't seem to shake. The headache started yesterday afternoon, and was still here when I woke up, but spring is in full swing here and I'm not sure if it's atkins, or just something blooming that's giving me a headache. Lol, it would be my luck that it's probably one of the new plants that I just put in the yard :lmao: ! Good Luck, Onwards & Downwards!

Kelly

Hillbeans
04-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

Count me in ! I'm on day 5 and i've lost 4 pounds. Atkins has been the only thing (well Low Carb) that really works for me. I am being super strict during this induction period because I know you only usually get that one shot at the induction working and working well. I am also exercising 4x a week - mostly walking with the kids or going to the gym. I just broke back down into the 150's and my ideal weight is about 140 - i'm 5'7". I weighed that 2 years ago so I know I can do it - no excuses.

I like the Crustless Canadian Bacon Quiche as my favorite!

Good luck to everyone!

twinkletoesmom
04-29-2006, 08:29 PM
HELP!! I did adkins a few years ago and did great and it stayed off but I never did reach my goal. I tried it 3 or4 times since and even though I was really godd it hasn't worked for me again :sad2: Any suggestion?

TO the op--- some snacks I did was sliced pepperoni, munster cheese (from Costco yum), sliced cucumber & ranch, I was very strict when I did it never went over 20 carbs but I did allow myself salads (w/ tomatoe) I also would wrap bacon or chicken salad in a big leaf of lettuce. It's been over 2 years since my first time so I will talk to my friend that I did it w/ and see what she remembers.