PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Store?

Jon99
04-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Anyone ever attempt to start an Ebay store selling new items directly from the manufacturer??? Read an article the other day about a few people that have made off quite well doing this, one sold strollers and the other sold shoes...

epcotfan
04-16-2006, 10:54 PM
I have an Ebay store, but I don't sell directly from the manufacturers. You might want to check out this board for more information on Ebay stores. A lot of people, including myself aren't too happy with some of the changes Ebay has made lately.
http://forums.ebay.com/db2/forum.jspa?forumID=21

bord1niowa
04-16-2006, 11:46 PM
I have an ebay store and have had one in the past. Before it wasn't very successful but now as long as I keep some things on auction to draw the lookers to the store, it has been more successful. The big thing with selling from a manufacturer is how low you can buy for compared to what everyone else is selling for. It is nice to have the lower insertion fee for the store, rather than the high insertion fees of a regular auction. But I consider that a "cost" of doing business, kind of like advertising. Be very sure of what you can get for items before you buy up inventory or start listing them. and while you're at it...check out my store for some goodies! hahaha Jodthetoad is the ebay name. :goodvibes

brivers222
04-16-2006, 11:54 PM
My MIL used to use her store to sell direct. I don't necessarily do that with ours... We are doing alright business check our store out :)

lovetheparks
04-17-2006, 08:43 AM
DH & I were just talking about this the other day as we're considering getting a tax ID and making his racing into a legit business.

I was wondering if that tax id would let us buy direct from manufacturers just for this purpose (to make extra $$ selling)