PDA

View Full Version : Gymboree Sale

DisneyDazed
04-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Im not sure who was asking awhile back but the RHDS for GYmboree has been cancelled. They already have marked down their Easter line to rather nice prices but the Rumor is they will be having a clearance sale starting tomorrow on all stuff 05 and back. Hope that helps someone.

robinb
04-16-2006, 05:10 PM
Im not sure who was asking awhile back but the RHDS for GYmboree has been cancelled. They already have marked down their Easter line to rather nice prices but the Rumor is they will be having a clearance sale starting tomorrow on all stuff 05 and back. Hope that helps someone.

Thanks for the head's up! If anyone can confirm this tomorrow, that would be great!

DisneyDazed
04-16-2006, 05:22 PM
The sale is a sure thing. It sounds like they want to do away with the RHDS and have a clearance sale. I think mostly so the store isnt cluttered with boxes and bin etc. A more clean look. Markdowns begin tonight so you may be able to see some online late tonight. Here is what you are looking at.

Everything 2005 and older EXCEPT Petit Fleur and My Favorite Things will be $6.99 and under.

Kid Girl, Baby Girl, Kid Boy and Baby Boy:

Tanks, knit tops, woven tops $3.99
Knit pants, leggings, shorts $3.99
Swimwear $3.99
Sweaters, cardigans $6.99
Woven pants, denim, overalls, skirts $6.99
Dresses, jumpers, outerwear, women's 6.99
Baby Girl and Boy Bodysuits $3.99 and one pieces $6.99

Layette also has bibs, crib shoes, novelty accessories 2 for $0.99!

Accessories are also 2 for $0.99!
~Includes: Bags, belts, costume accessories, hair, hats, jewelry, scarves, sleep accessories, socks, sunglasses, tights, toys, underwear

Blankets, costumes, sleeping bags, shoes and towels $4.99

Sleepwear $6.99

mytwotinks
04-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Sorry to bud in, but could someone tell me what RHDS is. I thought I knew all about Gymboree sales but that is a new one to me.

DisneyDazed
04-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Red Hot Dot Sale.... I think anyway. It was basically just a sale where they would slash the prices of all older lines like off season to move them out of the store. You usually find really great items. DS got most of his shirts for summer last year at 3.99 and below :thumbsup2

robinb
04-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Is this just online, or at the stores too? The prices sound *great*.

disneymom3
04-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I would like to know that too, Robin. Those prices do sound awesome and if the kids and I have to be at the Gymbo store near us (that is not very near!!) at opening then we will, but honestly I would rather stay up late and catch them online!

kritter
04-16-2006, 06:53 PM
ooh I want to know tooo!!!

DisneyDazed
04-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Its good for online AND instore! :cool1: Start looking for prices around 12am Eastern standard time. Im not sure how much Online will have though. Ill be staying up late to find out though! :)

kritter
04-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Do you know of anycoupon codes that we could use tooo????

DisneyDazed
04-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Nope not as of yet. ;) If you have the the Visa you get that 5% and free shipping on $100 and over. There is rumor of the FOG sale coming in May though. Seriously, gymboree really can make your head spin with their sales.

kritter
04-16-2006, 07:25 PM
what is FOG sale????

jennafo3
04-16-2006, 07:41 PM
I just found this online -
http://www.gymboree.com/promo/campaign/041805Summer1FOG_online.html

maybe it will work??

DisneyDazed
04-16-2006, 07:57 PM
FOG is friends of Gymboree sale. If you are lucky enough to get a coupon like the one posted either VIA email, snail mail or a nice SM giving you one then you get 30% off all gymboree.

That being said, the coupon pictured above is from last year I believe. Its the lines from last year and the dates are wrong so just be careful if you buy one on ebay as some people are trying to sell OLD coupons.

kkheburn
04-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Has anyone seen a Gymboree outlet store? I'm getting one in Vegas soon! :banana:

DisneyDazed
04-16-2006, 09:53 PM
NO! But color me jealous you lucky duck! :teeth:

Breakfast@Tiffany's
04-16-2006, 10:24 PM
So I was actually going to get to bed before the am when I saw this thread. Who else is staying up and hoping to get some good bargains? Darn you DIS! And I mean that in the nicest way possible...

Nik's Mom
04-16-2006, 10:36 PM
I was on their website this afternoon and they had some of their new items on sale. Guess I'll have to check out tomorrow's sale too! :thumbsup2

DisneyDazed
04-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Well girls, I just checked the website and no drastic markdown lines are up on there. *sigh* May have better luck in the stores for the older lines but call first. WOuld hate for anyone to waste a drive. They do replens but those are so hit and miss. Grrrrrrr I so wanted replenn for tonight too.

kritter
04-17-2006, 06:50 AM
Just check out their web site and nothing really great....

kfeuer
04-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Just check out their web site and nothing really great....

Same here...of course, I have boys so it's always slim-pickin's :)
I'm holding out for cheaper prices--I remember getting stuff from last year's Easter line for $6.99 (and DS looks so cute in it this spring).

disneymom3
04-17-2006, 11:28 AM
I went to our closest store today and only one rack was $6.99 or less. Got a cute skirt for DD for $3.99 and some shirts for DSs for $4.99 but they were all for next fall and what my kids need is summer stuff. Guess I am going to have to hit Once Upon a Child as the kids have very little to wear. I went to the big sale at Kohl's on Sat but the quality is sooo inferior. There were little girl striped shirts and when you held the shirt up you could see the stripes from the back through the front of the shirt. Bleah.

Bird-Mom
04-17-2006, 12:10 PM
I went to the store on the way from dropping dd at school, and they had a couple of sale racks, but nothing that great. I mean, the clothes were cute, but the sale prices weren't very drastic.

Breakfast@Tiffany's
04-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Same here - I called one of the local stores to make sure they were having the 60% sale, but when I got there, only 2 racks were at that markdown and it was really picked over. I feel like I will be scrambling this year to find good sales for spring/summer wear. The semi annual consignment sale put on by the local moms club in March was terrible, the first time in several years that I came away disappointed. Maybe it's the age of dd, she is in size 4/5, so much of the used clothing has so much wear on it. What's a girl to do, buy regularly priced retail? (GASP!)

BeccaGrace
04-17-2006, 03:45 PM
What's a girl to do, buy regularly priced retail? (GASP!)

Never!!!!!

I didn't check our Gymboree's today but I did hit Children's Place over the weekend and did great on warm weather stuff. They had 50% off the reduced prices on the Easter line and 30% off the rest of the sale prices. I got the girls:

3 cardigan sweaters
2 sweater shells
4 solid pintucked short sleeve t-shirts
2 print short sleeve t-shirts
2 long sleeve t-shirts
2 headbands
5 skirts
2 pants

all for $70!!!

I really would have liked some Gymboree clothes though:(

disneymom3
04-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Well, dang. My kids wanted to go to a "real" mall this a.m. when we went to Gymboree--it was at an outside mall. Now after reading about the Children's Place sale I am tempted to check it out. If I do that, I may as well go to one where there is another Gymboree and the only mall that has both anywhere near me is the Mall of America. Might just have to go there....hmmm.

Breakfast@Tiffany's
04-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Go for it! That's what my plan for tomorrow is! I wanted to go today after reading op's suggestion about CP, but I had to do the "walk of shame" into the post office tonight...to mail our tax forms! And I used to be an accountant too, it's just sad really. Anyway, Children's Place, here I come! Thanks for the heads up!

PrincessMommy2
04-17-2006, 10:47 PM
I went to Children's Place today and got:

For my girls:

5 pairs of capri pants
2 denim skirts
3 sleeveless sweaters
9 shirts

For my son:

2 pairs of ripstop skater pants
4 long sleeve waffle weave henley shirts
3 shortsleeve shirts

Total:$96 :cheer2:

mantaz
04-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Has anyone seen a Gymboree outlet store? I'm getting one in Vegas soon! :banana:

My sister went to one in Tenn. She said they still had the fish style from about 2 years ago and not hardly any markdowns. She was shocked to find the lack of sale in the outlet with such old styles. Although I would have loved to know if they had the wine colored socks that went with this past winters Angel collection.

Angela

nucpharm29
04-18-2006, 07:50 AM
I hit Gymbo yesterday and actually found quite a bit of stuff for DD--however, the sales clerk said that this sale "Was a surprise to them" so that they didn't have a chance to get much out yet. They only had the stuff out for girls 3 and up--and they were still putting that stuff out. There wasn't anything on clearance for little boys. She said that they would be putting more stuff out last night and today, so to come back and check out stuff later this week.
I got a pair of shoes, a purse, 2 dresses, a pr. of pants, a jacket, a tracksuit, and a sweater for just under $50 (unfortunately the cute sweater I bought is the wrong size--I thought it was a size 4 but it's actually a 7--Ebay here I come! :rotfl: )