PDA

View Full Version : Universal/Oct?

kellyg403
04-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Ok, with free dining out at WDW we were planning an adult only vacation for Sept 29 thru 10/6. DH and I got to talking, maybe we should just take the kids and plan on going to Universal for a few days, Sea World and then WDW for the last 4. Can anyone tell me when they start Horror nights at the Universal parks and how are they? Also, we thought we might go ahead and book at Dis for all the days w/ free dining and just plan on eating on c/s for breakfast on the days we go to other places. Is this plan doable in 8 days? We can extend to 10 but would like a little downtime when coming home. Any info would be great. Our 2nd option would be to just do WDW and go to the Halloween party but the kids really want to go to Univ. and Sea World. So many DECISIONS! I would hate to be so close to Disney without going, free dining option is too much to pass up etc. Help with a plan PLEASE. BTW, kids are 10,12,13,14,15 and two adults. How about staying a few nights at the Nick hotel with the cool pool and then Disney? HELP!

Kelly

gjw007
04-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Ok, with free dining out at WDW we were planning an adult only vacation for Sept 29 thru 10/6. DH and I got to talking, maybe we should just take the kids and plan on going to Universal for a few days, Sea World and then WDW for the last 4. Can anyone tell me when they start Horror nights at the Universal parks and how are they? Also, we thought we might go ahead and book at Dis for all the days w/ free dining and just plan on eating on c/s for breakfast on the days we go to other places. Is this plan doable in 8 days? We can extend to 10 but would like a little downtime when coming home. Any info would be great. Our 2nd option would be to just do WDW and go to the Halloween party but the kids really want to go to Univ. and Sea World. So many DECISIONS! I would hate to be so close to Disney without going, free dining option is too much to pass up etc. Help with a plan PLEASE. BTW, kids are 10,12,13,14,15 and two adults. How about staying a few nights at the Nick hotel with the cool pool and then Disney? HELP!

Kellyhttp://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/hhn/faqs.html#whatis

Here's a link to Horrow Night; It looks like it starts around September 30.

keishashadow
04-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Universal board has several threads running on HHN - enjoy!

Sylvester McBean
04-17-2006, 04:36 PM
the dates for HHn haven't been released yet, it'll be a couple of months. as awesome of an experience it is every year, it's PG-13 at the very least. SW has a nice halloween party you might want to check out.

F-L-A
04-18-2006, 12:52 AM
BTW, kids are 10,12,13,14,15 and two adults.
Kelly

Are you planning on taking them all to HHN with you? Some of them might be too young. As long as they aren't scared easily, I guess.

kellyg403
04-18-2006, 07:06 AM
Actually, dh is planning on taking the 12 and overs. I and the younger one aren't really interested in this! Figure we would hang out at Disney. Thanks for all the replies. I am a little concerned about the amount of drinking that seems to go on. I did see on the site where it said 13 and older. My 12 year old turns 13 in November and doesn't scare easily but I still come back to the drinking thing. I am not a prude about drinking by any stretch of the imagination but don't think all drunks can handle themselves! That is my fear!

Thanks for all the help

Kelly