PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Question

PoohNPiglet
04-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Sorry if this question has been asked before... I have been off the boards for a while giving birth to our new addition to our family so I have not had time to search around to see if this has already been answered. I barely have the time right now to post this...it is quite a miracle that I don't have to type with only one hand at this moment (I am sure all the other mom's out there understand!)

Anyway, we are thinking of spending two weeks in WDW on our next trip (trying to make it worth the drive with two kiddos!). I have been looking at ticket prices and I can only find a price for a 10 day ticket. If I want 14 days do I have to buy a 10 day and a 4 day ticket? That does not sound like the most cost effective way to do things!

rlovew
04-16-2006, 03:06 PM
You may want to look into annual pass prices, the MYW tickets are only for 10 days. If you are planning to spend some days at places other than the main parks (DTD< Waterparks, Disneyquest, your resort) than you may be able to just buy 10 day tickets and use them when you plan on going.

seashoreCM
04-16-2006, 05:52 PM
One ten day expiring ticket with water park fun will give you its entire lifetime of 14 days worth of Disney fun if on some days you visit only a water park or Disney Quest.

With park hopping, and visiting theme parks on all 14 days, an annual pass is the best bet even if you don't come back.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/dispass.htm

Cheshire Figment
04-16-2006, 06:04 PM
If you check at www.mousesaverrs.com they describe 14 and 21 day ultimate tickets with unlimited admission and hopping for both the major and minor parks. However, they can onlly be purchased from brokers outside the US, and a couple are listed. You might check with them to find out costs (including shipping).

An don't forget, a day that you spend only at water parks or DTD and not going to one of the four major parks does not count as a day of use for the ten days. Also, with the ten day if you get the Water Parks fun option you get six minor park entries.

PoohNPiglet
04-17-2006, 07:07 AM
We don't usually go to the water parks and my kids are to little for disney quest so I was looking for a 14 day option for the parks themselves. Thank you all for your replies, I will have to look into these more!

torinsmom
04-17-2006, 07:40 AM
I can't imagine you could find things to do in the parks for 14 days at once....There are lots of other attractions around Orlando you could do as well, like Sea World, Cypress Gardens, JungleLand Zoo. You can always buy 4 day tickets when you're down there if you definitely see you want them. I would think too that a day by the pool might be enjoyable as well. And you could rest/pool on your arrival/departure days.

If you're set on 14 days, I would buy 10 day and 4 day tickets separately, b/c then the 4 days won't expire unless you use them. I would think the 14/21 day ultimates would expire a certain time after first use like MYW tickets, so once you buy them, if you change your mind, you can save the 4 days for another trip.

Marsha

aka-mad4themouse
04-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Judging from your signature, it appears that you are visiting WDW on a yearly basis. An AP might be the most economical ticket for you. You would be able to come and go as you please for those 14 days that you plan for this next visit. With careful planning, you should be able to visit again before they expire.

If you compare the costs:
AP (adult) = $442
10-day hopper (expiry) + 4-day hopper (expiry) = $258 + $248 = $506
Adding "no-expiry" to the 4-day pass would boost the cost even higher.

englishteacha
04-18-2006, 08:34 AM
If you are going to WDW yearly, you could get annual passes and use them for another trip a bit earlier next year. That would be a pretty large savings. They are good for a full year from when you buy them.

PoohNPiglet
04-19-2006, 08:17 AM
I agree that the annual pass seems to be the best bet. However, due to our expanding famiy we may not be able to go every year. God willing, I would like to be pregnant the following year and I don't want to go down there when I can't ride things! And, I don't want to be pregnant in that heat!!! We used annual passes in the past and did exactly what you are recommending, we just went two weeks earlier before.

I think we will just have to stick to the 10 day passes and take some breaks. We just thought that if they kept adding a day for a couple bucks it was worth it to have the pass even if we just wanted to eat in the park and go home. But buying an additional 4 day pass is not the same as the difference between the 9 day and the 10 day passes. We would consider Sea World etc, however, those tickets are not cheap either.

Thank you all for your help and information. I can at least plan things better now.