PDA

View Full Version : Free after Rebate

icydog
04-16-2006, 12:31 PM
www.freeafterrebate.info I have purchased a few things from this site. I am still waiting for the rebates. Has anyone had good (or bad) luck with this site? I got some electronic stuff but have not heard one word back after we sent in the rebates three weeks ago.

thinkerbell
04-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Have never used them but when I clicked on the link it says
Freeafterrebate.com The best things in life are free (after 6-8 weeks).
Maybe it just takes a little longer.
I'd also like to hear from people who have actually used this site. It sounds like a really great deal!!

plummer925
04-16-2006, 03:44 PM
I've never used that site, but have used others. Rebates seem to always take the 6-8 weeks before I get them back (if not longer!).

When getting a rebate, be sure to keep copies of everything so you can call or email them at the 8 week mark (rebate companies, I have found, typically don't like talking to us consumers unless 8 weeks have gone by!).

annsteere
04-16-2006, 09:47 PM
I do not know about this particular site. But, 4 years ago there was a similar site. For a while it worked well.

They had LOTS of regulations about submitting rebates and I figured that was the way they weeded people out. I bought several small things from them at inflated prices that eventually became free.

Having had this good experience, I was tempted to buy scooters through them. They cost $150 locally and $199 through the site. The site collapsed one day. As far as I was aware, this closing was without warning. Those who had paid the high prices, thinking the money would all be returned, had their product but did NOT ever get their rebate.

You gotta wonder "how can anybody run a business selling products for free?" How long can that realistically go on? If it is something that you would buy often, like toothpaste, it makes sense for products to be distributed this way. If it is a one time purchase, like linens, it just doesn't add up.

cami89
04-17-2006, 06:19 AM
All I can say is CYBERREBATE.COM - UGH - never again!

I'm pretty sure that is the site you are referring to, annsteere. I was only out $10, or so, but there are people who literally lost everything. I completed several purchases through them - prior to them going under - and got my money back, but still wouldn't spend more than I could afford to risk losing.