PDA

View Full Version : Cheap eats off-site (have car...will drive)!!

littleshamrock
04-16-2006, 10:41 AM
I was just wondering what kind of restaurants are around the area. We're staying at POP, and would like to know where the closest Quizno's, Subway, McDonald's, Arby's etc are (basically anywhere that I have coupons for). Due to some unexpected medical bills, etc, we're turning our "trip of a lifetime" into a budget affair (hey!! we feel VERY fortunate to even have the opportunity to go to WDW...who cares what we eat!)
THANK YOU!!!!

tortoni
04-16-2006, 11:06 AM
I would recommend cici's (cece's?) on palm parkway. This is a great pizza buffet at a very low price. They continually make the pies so it is very fresh. I think when we were last there it was about 3.99 per adult for all you can eat. they also have salad, pasta and dessert included. Drinks are extra.

disnygoof
04-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Most everything you can want from cheap eats to fine dining can be found on International Blvd. Do a drive by and pick your favorites! :) I recommend CiCi's Pizza, too. You can't beat it! :thumbsup2

magicmouse2
04-16-2006, 11:35 AM
:thumbsup2 I recommend New York China buffet for excellent variety and quaity of Chinese food, and SIZZLER AND pONDEROSA. Ming cOURT FOR A LA CARTE chinese.

kilee
04-16-2006, 12:05 PM
You can also find pretty much a place to eat for every taste and budget up and down 192.

I'd try the Papa John's Pizza. When we were in the area we never seem to have trouble finding coupons that make it a dirt cheap meal. Also, we found that we usually do Taco Bell one night- since my it only costs about $12-15 for my family of 3 to eat there. There is at least 2 on 192 I can think of. As well as 1 right outside the DTD hotel area on that Apopoka (sp?) Road where the Sheraton Safari is. Also, there are tons of coupons for places like Ponderosa and Golden Corral all around the hotels.

sweet maxine
04-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Golden Corral off of #535 is a great place, and there a coupons floating around in the tourist mags all over town.

spiceycat
04-16-2006, 05:57 PM
get to Ponderosa from pop - turn left out - then at the traffic light around left - then when you get pass Gaylord (big hotel you can't miss it) turn left. You are on IS.... go pass Nickeolon holiday Inn - and turn left - then turn right.... go past the Marriott and 535 - once you are past the traffic light on 535 - there will be a Ponderosa...

the MacDonalds on Disney property vs off - are a little more expensive. but with the price of gas - I would still stick to one on site...

however go the same way but turn left on 535 and you will find a bunch of places to eat.

there is a MacDonalds at DD, one over near the All stars, a ff place in the MK, and I was told there is a completely one in Epcot (but I can't find it)....

lastminutemom
04-16-2006, 06:39 PM
I know you might know this already, but bring (or pick up) breakfast foods for the hotel -- I think you can get a refridgerator for the POP room for something like $10 a day -- if you are going at a busy time all the driving on and off property will take a ton of time. And with disney tickets being so expensive, you hate to waste time not at the parks.

I saw many families bringing in sandwiches -- disney does allow it... even saw lots of soft sided coolers. It actually seemed faster to me than standing in counterservice lines or table service meals.

spiceycat
04-16-2006, 08:29 PM
there is a publix (a couple of them) not too far. I would recommend going to a grocery store getting a foam ice chest. (for less than $10). Disney has plenty of ice....

then buying what you need in the grocery store.