PDA

View Full Version : 09/28/2002 Cruise

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

papa
10-12-2001, 10:08 PM
Well guess that it is time to start a new thread for our upcoming 09/28/2002 Cruise so here goes.

Tarasmom
10-12-2001, 10:13 PM
And I thought I planned ahead!!!! ;)

RellingTwin
10-12-2001, 10:21 PM
OK...How long will this one get in the next 351 days?????? I am really looking forward to the first few trips the Magic makes on the Western trip. I need details from the Western cruise so I can make plans.

lynetteSC
10-12-2001, 10:49 PM
You guys are tooooooo funny!!!!!!!

Relling~ There is LOTS of fun stuff in western side! Watersports/scuba and you can shop and also, in Cozumel you can visit the ruins or water stuff!!!!! In Cozumel you HAVE to go to Carlos & Charlie's!!!!!!
Key West is KEWL b/c you dock right at Duvall St where they have tram/tours and they have neat lil aquarium and also a pirates museum! Have to eat at Jimmy Buffets place and also they have Hard Rock!!!! I can already see GoofyKaren there buying a shirt!! LOL

papa
10-13-2001, 11:07 AM
Mary in grand cayman you can go to the world famous seven mile beach. Go to stingray city and wade among them while feeding them. There is the green sea turtle farm and a rock formation that is called he**. You will be able to send postmarked post cards from there. The shopping centers are right where you are tendered in. There is also an atlantis submarine there that we take up tp about 44 people down to about 100 feet along the coral reef.

Cozumels has a lot of shopping, hard rock cafe, carlos and charlies, snorkeling and a bunch of other stuff.

papa
10-14-2001, 09:48 AM
Good morning, TN Robin, Mary and the other 9/28/02 cruisers. Another day closer to our trip:D

RellingTwin
10-14-2001, 12:15 PM
I think some of the 9/29ers are coming too! KellyR (aka Scoopbydoosmommy) and Patty (aka Peagreenid) are thinking of booking. Are Dan and Scott going to change their dates?

GoofyDisney
10-14-2001, 02:15 PM
LOL!!!

I can't believe you have started the thread for OUR next cruise already!!!!

We'll be there!!!! Can hardly wait!!!

karen

First Disney Cruise 9/29/01!!!

papa
10-14-2001, 03:43 PM
Haven't heard from them yet Mary. Welcome Kelly and hope that Patty gets to go with us.

Tiiiigergirl
10-14-2001, 09:53 PM
We're talking about it! I hope we can get everything worked out so we can join all of you!

Tiiiigergirl
10-14-2001, 09:56 PM
Of course if we're all on the same cruise, I for one will miss the friendly competition for thread posts.

lynetteSC
10-14-2001, 11:20 PM
Hi guys!!!!!! You are right tiiiigergirl, what will we do to pass the time w/o our little posting episodes!!!!!! How have you been tiiiigergirl? Hope everything is going well since you returned home!

Maybe we should go two days early to RAD to have a DIS day before the cruise!! LOL!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

papa
10-14-2001, 11:54 PM
Lynette, my DW Kathy is recruiting people to go with her to stingray city on grand cayman and feed the stingrays again. Did anyone find the bottle of champange that I left in 7056?;)

lynetteSC
10-15-2001, 12:10 AM
papa~ we had cabin 8010! It was FABULOUS!!!!! So, I didn't find the champagne, sorry!!!!!!! :(

Stingrays are OUT for me! Dh would enjoy it though! The 1st time I ever snorkled, (actually at CC in 1999) freaked me out BIGTIME!!!!!!!! When I saw the 1st stingray, I had already turned in my snorkle gear before dh even realized I was out of the water!!!!!!!Something about not being able to step or put your feet down that REALLY freaks me out! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

papa
10-15-2001, 12:12 PM
LynettSC, those stingrays don't want to be stepped on that's for sure. But you can and have to walk around in the ocean. But, you keep your feet on the sandy bottom and 'shuffle' your feet to walk. They are as gentle as kittens and their undersides feel as soft as kittens. Their topsides feel like fine sand paper. They look fearsome but really are not. They will come to you and gently suck, or I call it vacuum the food right off your hands. If you have an opportunity to go to a hands on aquarium and touch them when the are little they aren't so scary looking. We watched a diver at Coral World feed the one they have in the aquarium on this last trip and it was so funny to watch cause she was really insistent on her portion and everyone else's. They do not have any teeth and their only defense is that barb on their tail.

Do you want the story about how Sting Ray city came to be? It is interesting...

My sister who is afraid of her own shadow came with me the first time I fed the sting rays and she loved it. We were on the Carnival ship Celebration and it stopped in Tampa to disembark her passengers and to pick up the new ones. We got off the ship and went to the aquarium right across the street and they have a petting pond (?) and that is where my 40-something sister lost her fear of the sting rays. Of course the one she was touching was only 6 inches wide and I think they get to be 3 or 4 feet wide. :D Very graceful in the water. I would not hesitate to let my children feed them. They are truly gentle.

Take care, Kathy, DW Papa

papa
10-15-2001, 11:06 PM
Bumping us back to the front.

Still haven't heard anything from Dan and Scott yet.

papa
10-16-2001, 10:13 AM
Still waiting to hear about excursions for this cruise from disney. Have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel before, but was wondering if dcl would offer some of the same as (gasp) carnival.

lynetteSC
10-16-2001, 10:24 AM
Papa~ I am pretty sure ALL the cruiselines offer pretty much the same SE's. We have access to most cruiselines lists, and they all are very similar ... although, sometimes the prices vary!

Off topic, but about prices ~ I was shocked at the prices in the gift shop on DCL this time. I JUST returned from Alaska on Princess in early Sept. I was really surprised that DCL clothing was more than PCL. I noticed about a $20 difference in some of the sweaters/shirts for adults. I think someone else mentioned that tuxes are more on DCL that other cruiselines as well!

Have a great day! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GoofyDisney
10-16-2001, 10:53 AM
Lynette,

So, It was DCL's fault I spent WAY TOO MUCH MONEY in the gift shop. hehehe

Where is the post about the SE's on the Western. I have seen it somewhere, posted by one of this group, but can't remember. Can someone post that stuff again here?

Lynette,

are you the one who said about Carlos n Charlies?

Has anyone ever taken a cruise that takes this same route as the one Disney is proposing? (Lynette, surely you have)

DD and I are watching our cruise video today. What a fun trip!!!karen

papa
10-16-2001, 11:19 AM
Karen we have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel twice before. On carnavel out of new orleans. Haven't been to key west though.

peagreenid
10-16-2001, 12:17 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I (we) can join you. I have submitted for the time off........but unfortunately that week is opening day of hunting season here.......and the guys that I work with weren't too impressed that I had it off before them (this year) , and that I don't hunt. They may have already put in for it next year.

I am game to feeding any marine life that doesn't want to eat me! So if we go, I'm up for feeding stingrays!

smiles Patty
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

peagreenid
10-16-2001, 12:20 PM
I want you to know that while all of the 9/29 cruisers slept......I was wandering the ship aimlessly looking for TEQUILA! I just told the rest of them that I had a bad case of Insomnia! (like I really needed more tequila)

smiles Patty

@GoofyNut
10-16-2001, 02:23 PM
Mike / Kathy PAPA:

Thank God you started a new thread .... I was so depressed when our Cruisetoberfest post got locked out! Art told me I had to find you guys one way or the other. He just had sooooooo much fun on that cruise with the DIS bunch. That's all he talks about when he talks about that cruise.

I'd love to do the Western Disney Route, just have to figure out how to pay for it. Where can I look to see what discount you get for being a past Disney Cruiser? I have heard somewhere that
you get certain things if you book within 120 days of last cruise?

It would be nice to get the 9-22 and 9-29 bunch together for one big DIS Cruise in 2002.

Take care, I'll check back later!

PS --- Be sure to tell Kathy Art & I said HI!

papa
10-16-2001, 07:32 PM
Tulirose has started a thread for us wayward cruisers on the community board. Ther are a lot of the previous cruisers posting there. We would love to have you with us on the 09/28/02 cruise Cathy and Art.

The western route looks like it is going to be great fun. Our last cruise with you and the wild bunch was something special.

Tell ashley we said woof and hope to hear from you again soon. You guys are part of our family now and everytime we think about our cruise we remember you.

Looking forward to going to key west, as we have never been there.

MicksGirl
10-16-2001, 07:56 PM
Hello...so the gathering is on the 28th cruise....my mom and dad have decided they want to cruise again with Disney, so I guess we will probably do the 28th. Maybe this time I will be more active and not in soooo much pain. Although we did see Mike and Kathy in passing many times!!

My children are all in favor of a Disney "cruise to nowhere"...they would be happy never getting off of the ship!!

lynetteSC
10-16-2001, 09:49 PM
Hi guys!!!!! Goofy~ nope, we have never been on a western itin cruise! :( Poor, pitiful us!!!! :( LOL!

Got some pics back today ... It was sooooo pretty everywhere we went!!!!! Brunch pics turned out great!!!! :)

Tulirose
10-16-2001, 10:58 PM
Wishing we were joining you on your 9/28/2002 cruise! :(

dan and scott
10-17-2001, 12:29 AM
Papa,

Here we are, we have just been lurking since getting evicted from our old homes!

Scott and I will not be cruising in September, we will be going in early December 2002. This was decided by Nate.

We will be taking my grandmother to WDW next September as this is Moms favorite month to go, oh yea mom will be going to. If we thought grandma would enjoy a cruise then we'd do that instead, but she probably would not. Also I would hate to think of her getting on my nerves and I throwing her overboard with Scott, it might look suspicious on me.

Sorry to bring bad news.

Dan

papa
10-17-2001, 12:47 AM
Dan and Scott tell Nate we said hello. Sorry that you will not be with us but there is always 2003:D

Wish that you were going with us too Rosemary. Be nice to see the NY branch of the family again. Keep 2003 in mind and maybe we will all meet again.

peagreenid
10-17-2001, 01:21 AM
Thanks to Tulirose's expert instructions.....on the Community Board. Go Check out your "NEW" traveling companions for next year. No surprises on what they look like!

smiles Patty

dan and scott
10-17-2001, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone!

Seeing that we canceled our 3 day cruise for the end of September, Scott and I went ahead and booked a 7 day cruise for November 10-17th, 2001. Thats right in just 20 days we are going again.

Now we have to find a good Avis deal, does anyone have any double upgrade coupons left from their Entertainment Books? Or maybe other deals?

Well gotta go for now, gotta get the tuxes to the dry cleaners.

Dan

GoofyDisney
10-17-2001, 02:23 PM
If you can make a place for me in your luggage, I will FIND you a coupon, and bring it with me!!!!

papa
10-17-2001, 02:26 PM
Way to go guys!!!!!!!!!! Try the twelve meter regatta in St Maarten you will love it.

I am jealous and feel a bit sad at being left behind you dirty dogs:D

TnRobin
10-17-2001, 07:43 PM
ooooo I am so jealous

papa
10-17-2001, 08:20 PM
Robin some people just have all the luck don't they. What did you and Mike do the last time you were in Key West on your mystery cruise?

papa
10-18-2001, 05:56 AM
Wow! That sounds so nice, be sure to look for the flying fish Dan, and take the 12 meter regatta in St. Maarten. It was so much fun. You won't reget it. Have you ever been to the Butterfly farm?

Please let me come with you. :D

Oh well, someone has to work, darn it. Mike and I are really looking forward to our trip next Sept. 28th. :bounce: Some people are just so lucky.....

Have fun, try not to feel too bad about us not going:p

Kathy

@GoofyNut
10-18-2001, 09:03 AM
Dan / Scott ....... Just when did you guys win the lottery? You must have to be so lucky to go again so soon! Boy am I envious.
Have a great time. I'm pretty sure that I have some of the coupons you are looking for.....We have two entertainment books and aren't using any of the rental car coupons. Send me a PM with your mailing address and I'll mail them right out to you cause I hate to see them go to waste.

Mike ... How are you and Kathy doing?

Things are soooooo busy at work by the time I get home all I want to do is have dinner and colapse in my recliner....then I nod off!

I'm gong to try and get to the Community Board and look for Rosemary's thread ---- really miss our DIS Cruistoberfest family.

SIL is currently on a Carnival Cruise --- as soon as she gets home I'm going to check and see how she made out and what excursions she did. They go to Cozemal, Key West, New Orleans and somewhere else (there is no private island).

Check back later...........

TnRobin
10-18-2001, 09:06 AM
We were only there for about 5 hours. We took Matthew to the Key West Aquarium - I recommend this for those with small children. We also considered the Shipwreck Museum (Or was that a Pirate Museum) Either way we didn't have time to do it. After returning Matt to the Ship, we did a little downtown shopping and walking.

This time I think i will take the Trolley tour. Maybe do the Ernest Hemmingway House or maybe the "Little White House" tour.

papa
10-18-2001, 12:08 PM
Hoping that dcl offers scuba excursion to john penncamp state park there. Need to take refresher course so that we can dive and see the underwater statue of Jesus with outstretched arms.

Looking forward to cruising with you all again. We have asked for the 8:30 seating so that we can see some of the shows this year. Last cruise we ate and then we too sleepy to see much:D

TnRobin
10-18-2001, 12:11 PM
Here is a link to the CB thread by Rosemary

http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108518

JNOEL
10-18-2001, 12:26 PM
Papa, Kathy - miss you guys. You too Art/Cathy! Since so few 9/22er's are posting on Tuli's new thread, thought I'd send you a note here to remind you we're waiting for your posts! I'm very jealous that you all are going again so soon! But...without a job, can't consider rebooking at this time. Love to you all!

papa
10-18-2001, 08:01 PM
Jean we miss you also. Would like nothing better to have you and your partners in crime:D go with us next year. Hope that you get the job that you are after and will be able to travel.

papa
10-19-2001, 04:26 PM
Wahoo another day closer to our cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!

RellingTwin
10-19-2001, 08:24 PM
We just came back from dinner with my In Laws. We told them all about our cruise, showed the pictures ect..and guess what???? They may come with us next year!!! I am too excited! I KNOW they would have a GREAT time. We tried like crazy to get them on this years trip but they suffer from the delusion that only families with kids go on DCL and that there would be kids underfoot everywhere. Not that they don't like kids, just that they want a more "Adult" sort of experience. BUT....I think I have convinced them that DCL would be something they would enjoy. Keep your colective fingers crossed for me! They are fantastic people, who would enjoy meeting fellow cruisers.
Mary

needabreak!
10-19-2001, 08:53 PM
Hey All,
Very envious of you all going again next year.

Dan--I also have E-coupons from the 2001 book.
Also, feel free to park at our place if you want, we can babysit the car!

Laura

Tiiiigergirl
10-20-2001, 05:34 PM
Well we booked the 9/28 and now all I have to do is try to figure out how to pay for it. I spent waaaaaay to much money on this last trip. I'm hoping I still have $600 left to pay the deposit for the next one.

Patty just tell the guys at work that in addition to being hunting season it is also cruising season.

papa
10-21-2001, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the thread Tiiiigergirl. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest.

peagreenid
10-21-2001, 10:16 AM
We did great on this cruise...........we spent a total of $506 and that included tips. We didn't do any Disney Excursions......so it really kept the cost down. We did Palo's for Brunch and Dinner and we brought our own Pop. I was excited. I didn't want to see your SPA bill............:eek: :eek: :eek:

smiles Patty

papa
10-21-2001, 10:12 PM
Patty you can use your onboard credit from the castaway cay club to help pay for your excursions. That is what we did on 09/22. Looking forward to sheeing when disney releases their excursions on the western route.

peagreenid
10-22-2001, 12:39 AM
for Castaway Club credits? I just hope that I can get an answer... about the time off by then.
In St. Maarten we rented a car and drove around the island exploring all of the beaches. We had a great time. And it was very inexpensive. Of course, it looks like there is more fun stuff to do on the Western than the Eastern.

smiles Patty

TnRobin
10-22-2001, 09:51 AM
Patty,

If you go to the Disneycruise.com there is a section on Castaway Club Promotions. I noticed it did not say you had to rebook within a certain time frame to get the credit. (But that could chnage on a daily basis)

peagreenid
10-22-2001, 01:57 PM
I went to the DCL site and found the Castaway Club info......Unfortunately I found the small print......teehee
*Not valid with any other special offers or discounts. Onboard credit applies if reservation is booked within 120 days from previous sail date and travel is completed within 18 months from previous sail date.

But it gives me some time....I'm guessing until 1/29ish or so.

smiles Patty

TnRobin
10-22-2001, 01:59 PM
Thanks - guess my eyesight is going with age. :) :D

peagreenid
10-22-2001, 02:04 PM
IF in large letters on the first page............

Be a member of the Castaway Club.......book your next cruise within 120 days and receive a shipboard credit......

Instead of a last page note, fine print with the ole * notating it at the bottom of the page.

smiles Patty

Tiiiigergirl
10-22-2001, 03:32 PM
Patty,

No you do not want to see my spa bill. Plus when you add in Tiffany Town car and my hotel bill and my earrings and my wheelchair rentals. OK now I am just making myself sick.

Also the number of professional pictures I had taken and bought was just ridiculous!

But boy did we have fun! I told Warren I don't get to have anything for Christmas since I got the earrings. In fact what I probably ought to do is wrap them up and not look at them again until Christmas.

GoofyDisney
10-22-2001, 10:21 PM
Patty...$506??? I think I spent that in the spa alone! You are Joe's new hero. He made me swear to stick to a budget next time.

I was just reading a thread where people were talking about buying a beach towel and a Christmas ornament. I think the next time we cruise, I will stick to those. Maybe a pin or two. And of course, the Hard Rock. But that is it. Nothing else. Well, maybe a t-shirt. And since it is cold here 9 months out of the year, maybe a sweatshirt....

Wait..I think this is how I got into trouble on the last cruise!

Oh well....

Did I ever tell you guys my spa stuff story?

Did I tell you I bought this Elemis stuff that was in the surial bath that smelled like Vicks. And when we got to the ticket counter at MCO, I kept getting a whiff of Vicks. I kept sniffing the air, cause I would smell it and it would go away. Then it would be back. I started to smell myself, my DH and DD, my luggage. Nothing there. And then the smell was gone. No, wait it was back. I was sure my $800 tube of stuff had burst already, but then the smell wasn't coming from my bag. So, where was it coming from. I started smelling the air again. The passengers in line behind us had started to notice my strange sniffing. Actually, maybe because I had leaned towards the line and tried to sniff out where the smell was coming from. Maybe the tube had indeed burst and spilled out onto the floor in the line. But no, the smell wasn't coming from the line or the people in it. So I went back to the counter. It would come and go and I was going crazy. Had I put the tube in my carryon and forgotten, and it opened. Was it open and empty in my luggage.

I had made a COMPLETE spectacle of myself. I could not track down the smell of the Elemis product I bought at the spa. And just when I had given up, the ticket agent reached for another Halls. Seems he had been chewing a Halls, and every now and then, his breath would waft across the counter and I would get a whiff of the Vicks/Halls/Elemis odor.

Turns out the guys (whom I had sniffed) who were at the front of the passenger line were also on our same flight, so they had the pleasure of teasing me for another four hours, well into our arrival into Detroit.

That is what I get for spending too much money in the spa!

hehehe

peagreenid
10-23-2001, 01:10 AM
what yo were trying to say is that the Elemis......smells like Eucalyptus?! :D :D
Is that the same $800 tube you were putting on DD?

We spent more money than $506... that is all we had to pay to settle up on the boat at the end.
We had the $100 Hard Rock purchases......the $67 booze bill at K-mart on St. Thomas....oh and the rental car on St. maarten........ We just didn't go overboard on the ship.....and we had our $50 credit. I did let Lynette use my 10% off coupon at the Treasure Ketch...

smiles Patty

peagreenid
10-23-2001, 01:12 AM
There really is so much to do to stay occupied......We really didn't need to spend any more. We saw a lot of movies....ate a lot of good meals.......drank way too way to many margaritas and spent a lot of time with new friends.......what more could I want. I couldn't take Lynette in the Surial!!

smiles Patty

papa
10-23-2001, 10:30 AM
Lynette,

Any info as to when dcl will release western route excursion info?

GoofyDisney
10-23-2001, 11:17 AM
Yes, that was the same $800 stuff I put on DD. :)

Seriously, I will not spend so much next time.

For those of you who have already done this....When booking the next cruise, and doing the Castaway Club thing....

Is this something you mentioned when you booked? IS it something that is automatically noted on your account? Do you have to wait for something to come in the mail to take advantage? When does the CC stuff come in the mail? So you have to say, "This is my second cruise, and I am/wanna be a CC memeber?"

Anyone? Anyone?

Key West, Cozumel, Grand Caymans and Castaway Cay...is this right? Is anyone sad about not having as many "at sea" days?

lynetteSC
10-23-2001, 10:30 PM
Papa~ Not sure about DCL excursions! You may go to Royal Caribbean or (gasp .. hehe ) Carnival website to view the excursions they offer! LOL They usually are all very similar!!!!! Although, I noticed DCL prices tad higher than Princess was ...

Pea~ Dh didn't mind doing the Surial with me!!! LOL!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Goofy~ did you spend more time at AKL, since you stayed nearby??? How was transporation to other parks from AKL???????? --- Trying to find a negative to AKL and having hard time:) ----

Is everyone else getting excited!!??????

KellyR
10-24-2001, 12:49 AM
We're over the edge ... We booked with DU yesterday!!! Perfect timing as we will receive the additional shipboard credit.

You know what's great about our new thread???

I only missed one page in a week's time! It seems hard to believe that two groups of overly talkative people could only do this much damage collectively.

My brother, Chris, flies back to San Diego tomorrow. He enjoyed his leave. It turned out to be good timing as his best friend was in an auto accident two months ago and recently came out of a coma. Chris was able to visit with him several times in Pensacola. He has a long road to recovery, but has made much progress already.

Patty, Nick's teacher is playing "pay back". EVERY night he brings home several pages of work. And to think I bought her a gift from St. Maarten's. :rolleyes:

peagreenid
10-24-2001, 09:30 AM
Kelly....I'm so jealous.....!

But, I want to tell you all about my EARLY birthday present that I'm giving myself.

I traded in my Delta Skymiles....at the reduced rate, and I'm going to visit my NEW DIS friend Lynette from the 4th to the 7th of November. I get to meet Maisey Piddles in person......yippee!

I think it is so weird.....I am flying into Charlotte, NC. I was born in NC and I haven't been back seen we moved away right after I was born.

smiles Patty

peagreenid
10-24-2001, 09:36 AM
I think that Dave posted these links earlier.......

Key West excursions

http://travel.discovery.com/dest/weisdb/usa/fl/flac/keyw_p/ship.html

Cozumel excursions

http://travel.discovery.com/dest/weisdb/mexico/cozu_p/ship.html

Cayman Islands

http://travel.discovery.com/dest/weisdb/caribbean/caym/geor_p/ship.html

smiles Patty

I've checked them out......a girl can dream can't she!!!!

papa
10-24-2001, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the links Patty. Kelley as the time to cruise gets closer and the weather turns colder there will be more activity on the thread believe me.

lynetteSC
10-24-2001, 01:26 PM
Hi guys!!! I am soooo excited about my DIS friend coming to visit me...For anyone close by ...

Party at Maisey Piddle's house 11/4-7!!!! Can anyone come over?!?!?!?!?!?

KellyR~ That is soooooooooooooooooooooooo KEWL that you booked!!!!!! Hope to see you then!!!! We are still undecided!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lynetteSC
10-24-2001, 01:27 PM
Actually, let me change that response ... we are undecided by default ..we want to go. Just waiting to see what will be going on with dh's job at that point!!!!!!

Any extra pixie dust can be sent this way attn: dh's job!! LOL!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

papa
10-24-2001, 01:43 PM
Wish we could come and party down with you but, darn it, I have to work and that is a little bit of a drive for us. :D Sure would be nice though. Mike and I do have one bad habit and that is we like to eat. So gotta work.:( Have fun and party hearty.:bounce: I am so jealous peagreenid but I am terrified to fly and have always been. Not because of the terroist thing. Just afraid to fly.

KellyR when is your cruise that you just booked? 9/28/02? Hope you can join us. The 9/22/01 group was a blast. What I have read of the 9/29/01 group sounds like they were a blast too.

Take care and enjoy your flight:) Kathy, DW Papa

:wave: Tuli. Miss you.

DVCNuts
10-24-2001, 05:37 PM
I'm thinking that you guys are going to top 20,000 replies before your cruise. That is, unless the locksmith gets to the post first!

papa
10-24-2001, 08:10 PM
Shoot! The more the merrier... Come one, come all lets just enjoy ourselves!:bounce: :D I am sure that Mike would love it.

Take care, Kathy

KellyR
10-24-2001, 09:25 PM
Hey Everyone! Patty and Lynette, now I'm the one who's jealous.;) Just remember, Panama City has the world's most beautiful beaches. They're right in there with Castaway Cay. Maybe some day you will grace me with your presence.

Kathy, yes we booked 9/28/02. It will be my DS6 Nick and mom, Tish. Looking forward to meeting all of you 9/22'ers. Have hopes that more of our 9/29 group will make it, too.

lynetteSC
10-24-2001, 09:40 PM
Just wanted to say ... that Nick is the cutest and smartest little boy I met!!!!! He is toooooooooooo cute!!!
I hope we get to seeeeeeeee him on 9/28/02 .. actually, I hope we get to see him make his famous "boiled snail entree" at the RAD the night prior!!! :) :bounce: :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

RellingTwin
10-24-2001, 10:41 PM
Kelly, I am so excited you are going on the 9/28/02! We will get to meet again! As for Panama City Beach...I agree, the beaches there are the most beautiful I have ever seen. IMHO...nicer then Castaway Cay! And speaking of PCB we are coming down for a visit the week of Memorial Day week. Lets go to the BEACH!

Patty...thanks for the links! I am planning already!Have a great time in SC! I was looking into joining you guys but have a prior commitment that weekend:(

GoofyDisney...just mention you are a return cruiser. They will confirm it and give you your CC member #.Jot it down in case you do not get the card in the mail. I never did find my CC card for this past cruise but had no problem getting the room credit and the sports bag.

Would any SC/Ga cruisers be interested in a DIS meet...maybe at the Disney Resort at Hilton Head?(I am thinking late Feb or early March).

lynetteSC
10-24-2001, 10:46 PM
HH sounds GREAT to me!!!!!!! Count us in!!!!!! :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

peagreenid
10-24-2001, 11:50 PM
You are too funny girl!!!! Actually DH was in Panama City on a deployment several years back. He thought it was pretty nice there. Actually my BIRTHDAY PRESENT to myself......is training. I'm gonna "TRY" to be a LS! Lynettes DB (dear boss) has Been so kind as to take me on.......(poor woman)

So, Poor Lynette, is going to have to put up with 3-4 days of my blondness...! (won't this light a fire under GBG?) :D :D :D

But, I would love to visit you in the future......!

smiles Patty

peagreenid
10-24-2001, 11:52 PM
I wish that you could have joined us. I really enjoyed talking to you outside the rad. I really wish that I could join you at HH as well.

smiles Patty

KellyR
10-25-2001, 08:04 AM
I want to be one, too! It's my second aspiration after teaching. No money in it though, is there? Oh well, goes right along with my present job. Let me know how it goes Patty (Lynette, email me about her blondeness).:D

Pluto4President
10-25-2001, 08:28 AM
Is everyone here on the New cruise list?

It is now viewable by Date or Name!

New Cruise List (http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113000)

lynetteSC
10-25-2001, 11:11 AM
KellyR~ it is like teaching ... not much money so you have to enjoy it! But, as you can tell, perks are GREAT!!!!!! Perks kind of depend on who you work for! I have had GREAT year this yr being able to travel alot, but not many companies look kindly to that much travel :)

Pluto ~ the cruise list looks and SOUNDS great!!! :) Thanks ~ its fabulous!!!!

GoofyDisney
10-25-2001, 02:01 PM
I am so excited for you Patty, and Lynette! That is so cool that you will be hanging out for a few days!!! Good luck on the LS status!!!! Will Gary be next?

Everyone is having such GREAT travel deals right now!!! It is a shame that we couldn't travel everywhere as cheap as everything is! Disney, cruises, hotels, airfare.....

And now I am trying to find a way in addition to going on the 9/28/02 cruise, to fit a four day in there somewhere. My SIL who lives in Florida is due to have her baby the beginning of Feb. So, I think we can fly down, take a peek at the new baby and then skip up for a little four day! hehehe (My ultimate goal in life is to be like Barb and Tony. Only 25 more to go!)

Saw the 9/28 cruise list! It looks great! Can't wait till we are on it!!!!!

Kelly, is your brother back safe and sound in SD? Did I tell you we paid $200 p/p for our tickets out of Traverse City for Christmas. That is unheard of!!!!

We have a friend who is stationed in SD. He married another friend of ours in June. He was due to do his ship duty term starting after Christmas, then it got moved to After Thanksgiving, then it got moved again. he leaves 10/30. The wife (our friend) is moving home, since she knows no one out there and has only been there since June. She doens't really want to pack up and come home, but has no support system there really. Plus, their families had made plane arrangements for Christmas, and then again before he left at Thanksgiving. So, now they are stuck with 7 airplane tickets they can't use. His supervisor wrote a nice letter, in hopes of helping my friend's family get their money back. We'll see. What a mess.

peagreenid
10-25-2001, 03:14 PM
I couldln't find a deal anywhere......it was terrible. The ticket that I purchased is worth $1294. I finally decided to use my Delta Skymiles.....they had the promotion for a free ticket for 10,000 less miles. I had enough to book it. I am so glad that I had them. From Idaho our miles build very quickly with a few trips to WDW. We each had about 21000 miles after this last trip. If I couldn't have gotten it at the reduced rate......I couldn't have afforded to go.

They have activated several guys that work with guy. Guy has to pull 120 hrs of OT in a two week period. Uncle sam will love that check. He already works 120 hrs in that two week period so it puts him at 240 hrs in 2 weeks... or 120 hrs a week. I'm not looking forward to it......he gets really grouchy when he is tired..........

smiles Patty

papa
10-25-2001, 09:14 PM
I can just see Uncle Sam rubbing his hands together.:( I work 36 hour weeks (Nurse) and if I work 40 hours that is nice, and 12 OT is REALLY nice, over that Uncle Sam gets about a day of pay. They say you get it back at the income tax time but I don't think I ever have. :(

Good grief. That place is a killer, huh? Hope he gets lots of rest.

Take care, Kathy

peagreenid
10-26-2001, 09:30 AM
Dh is a fireman. At the Airport. Although he can sleep at work...he generally doesn't sleep much since he is in charge and ultimately responsible. It still is difficult being away from home that much. He will survive... they have done this before during Forest Fire season, when they have activated the Guard. I finally told him to just go and ask for comp time.......because he couldn't get paid anymore... Uncle sam was taking it all. I would rather he work a little O.T. then be sent off someplace for a year. I'm so glad that he retired from the military in January........

off to bed......

smiles Patty

GoofyDisney
10-26-2001, 12:02 PM
For discussion:

Anyone else sad that we will have one less day at sea or is everyone happier to have another port of call.

Western - Day Itinerary
Sat
Travel to Port Canaveral to depart at 5 p.m.
Sun
Arrive in Key West at 12 p.m., depart at 10 p.m.
Mon
Enjoy relaxation and fun at sea
Tue
Arrive in Grand Cayman at 7 a.m., depart at 5:45 p.m.
Wed
Arrive in Cozumel 11 a.m., depart at midnight
Thu
The magic of a day at sea
Fri
Arrive at Castaway Cay at 7 a.m., depart at 5 p.m.
Sat
Arrive at Port Canaveral at 6 a.m., debark the ship at 8:30 a.m.

I think we would like another day at sea vs. a stop. But I would want to keep the Cayman and Cozumel and Castaway stops. So, for us, we will probably spend a little time in Key West and then get back on the ship. We liked being on the ship when no one was there.

And when we were in St Maarten, Thomas and CC, what time did eveyrone get back to the ship. On SXM (LF!) we went to the beach at 8:45, then back at 12:00 for lunch, then back to shop at 1:30 then back to the ship at 4:00. Then SXT, we got off the ship at 10:00 am, wandered around the Haversight, then down to town, then back around 2:30 or 3:00. Then CC, we were off the boat at 9-ish (?) and the family went back to the ship around 2:30, and Joe and I went back and wandered around till close to 4:00.

So, we got to see the ship when there was no one on it. I have a great picture of the Mickey pool with only one family in it. It is a nice shot.

Have they said yet if there will be any other changes because of the new schedule...like menus, shows, etc.

Guy sounds like he will be pretty much fried when he gets done with this new schedule. How does that gel with your schedule Patty?

Are you packing for SC? Have you searched these boards for help with a packing list?

Kelly, will you be reuniting on the 9/28/02 with whoever it is fromthe 9/22 that you have known for a long time?

Everyone have a nice day!
karen

peagreenid
10-26-2001, 12:25 PM
Well we had plans to go to Anniversary Inn.....unfortunately between his schedule and mine we couldn't come up with a day to do it. He has to work my birthday and the day after... and I work the day before. They are doing a slowdown for me for christmas... so I have a week off Christmas week. Thought I would take Mutt and Jeff either to Sun Valley or McCall to ski/snowboard for a few days. We have a ski resort 16 miles from Boise...but I think they are ready for something a little different. I'm trying to see if Guy can get an extra day off then.

I just realized that I have to be at work 14 hrs. on Saturday Night instead of the normal 13 cuz I'm getting stuck with that d*&# time change!!! That extra hour seems like 10.........
Got to get to bed.......I'm really beat. It was a rough one last night.........and there are two additional people off on Saturday.

talk to you all soon
smiles Patty

papa
10-26-2001, 02:09 PM
Karen we are looking forward to the new stops, as we hae done the eastern route twice now. Maybe I am in the minority, but the castaway cay stop is not a biggie on my list. Have been to the other stops on the western route twice before on carnival. Mike

KellyR
10-26-2001, 05:23 PM
KAREN, I like having an extra port! I'm looking forward to partying late in Cozumel. I'm also glad that we get to Key West in the afternoon rather than morning. But, per Patty's excursion sites there are no Catamaran adventures. :( Yes, I will probably see RellingTwin (Mary) on the ship. She's the one I knew here in P.C.

Castaway Cay is beautiful, but we have a nice one here, too. So, it's not such a big deal. I didn't think much of Cookie's BBQ, either.

lynetteSC
10-26-2001, 11:59 PM
HI guys!!! I am glad we aren't the only ones who seem t0o enjoy the ship more while docked at CC!!!!! :)

Don't get me wrong, we love CC and it is beautiful ... I guess we are just not beachy people?? Besides, the pools and ship are EMPTY while in CC!!!!!!

We liked Key West on a previous cruise, but we had to leave early, so the night will be good there. We would live todo Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We have been to the mayan riveria (Cancun) but not Cozumel!!!!

Goofy~ LOL!!! You are TOOO kewl!!!! Come on down and be a LS!!!!!!!
Lesson for today: CZM ~ Cozumel
CUN ~ Cancun
EYW ~ Key West
GCM ~ Grand Cayman

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

KellyR~ I will see if I can find you a catamaran SOMEWHERE Out West for you and Nick!!!! :)

Pansies ~ my pansies got VERY windblown today!!!! It was super windy here!!!!!! :(

I was hoping to show Peagreen all the beautiful leaves in the fall in the NC Mountains, but if we have another day like today ... the trees will be bare by next weekend! :(

Gotta go and get some rest!!!! Have great weekend!!!!!

Tiiiigergirl
10-27-2001, 02:51 PM
Karen ~ I'm with you. I think we will miss having the extra day at sea. I'm guessing that Key West will be the one that we don't spend much time in. I know we won't book an excursion but will do that one on our own.

I definitely want to go to h*ll and visit the turtle farm. The funny thing is I bet the filter will not allow the name of tourist stop on Grand Cayman to post on the board.

The funny thing is that I've wanted to visit Grand Cayman ever since I read a romance novel about the island when I was about 16. For some reason the place just stuck and I'm pretty excited to get to go.

All of my co-workers are jealous and are saying that my 8 year old is better traveled than they are! I can live with that.

papa
10-28-2001, 05:10 PM
My sister and I went to the Turtle Farm and visited H*** and sent a postcard back to the girls at the hospital. "Wish you were here";), that sort of thing. Funny thing was, that we were going to Stingray City to feed the stingrays and visited the same things that my hubby visited on a different tour. The beach there in Grand Caymon is beautiful also. It was shown in a movie that was popular a few years ago, I just don't remember the name of the movie. I think the beach is "7 Mile Beach" ?????? Just not sure. It is pretty.

I like staying on the boat. We didn't get off at CC this year, just didn't relish the idea of getting off in the wet sand, in the salty sea, and seeing the same old under water things. Mike and I enjoyed the empty ship too. I wouldn't care if we never landed. I would love to take one of those month long trips. Just being on the boat is enough for me.

Well, I do want to visit the Keys and drink a margarita. I am a closet Parrothead. :bounce:

Take care, looking forward to meeting everyone, Kathy

Tiiiigergirl
10-28-2001, 05:20 PM
I'm guessing you're talking about The Firm starring Tom Cruise and written by John Grisham. I never did see the movie but I did read the book several times. I'd forgotten that part of the book was set on Grand Cayman.

Ooooh I hope we don't run into any mobsters! Although Tom Cruise wouldn't be too bad.;)

papa
10-28-2001, 09:35 PM
I think that is the film my DW was talking about. Hope that everyone is having a nice weekend and we are another week closer to our cruise:D

papa
10-29-2001, 11:12 PM
Evening everyone hope that everyone is well and we are still researching the western route for any new excursions.

papa
10-30-2001, 07:26 AM
Yep! Sounds like the film.

Wouldn't it be nice to see Tom?

I agree with the time change Saturday night. UGH! The guy who resets the clocks in the nursery didn't get there until 4 a. m. and we had to relive the 3a. to 4a. all over again. What a bummer. We used to turn the clocks back at 9p.m. when we could reach them at our old hospital but we moved the hospital and the clocks are higher and we are older and we just couldn't reach them. It was easier to go over 8pm to 9pm than relive it earlier in the morning. :D At least that is how we viewed it. It seemed to just drag.

Got bulbs to plant today before cooking for my DD1's party tomorrow night.

Take care, Kathy

RellingTwin
10-30-2001, 05:27 PM
Just 333 days to go!:eek:

papa
10-31-2001, 07:25 AM
Just 332 days to go. Don't you feel like you are six years old again and waiting for Santa? I do. I guess I am the oldest child on the boat. :D It sure is fun though and if this is my worst vice then so be it.

Even though I have seen the turtle farm I enjoyed it and you can pick up (pet?) some of the turtles. I have pictures of my sis and I holding those turtles with their flippers going 90 miles an hour and flinging salt water all over us.

I also took an underwater disposable camera with us to feed the stingrays and it took remarkably good pictures of those stingrays.

Next year before Mike and I go we will be first time grandparents.:bounce: Yep, it feels just like Christmas around here.:D Great expectations all over the place.

JNoel, there will be a small package headed your way either today or tomorrow. Hope your grandaughter enjoys it. :D

Take care, Kathy

peagreenid
10-31-2001, 09:15 AM
It seems that there were only a "FEW" of you allowed to post the last few days........! :( I wasn't one of the chosen one....:D Everytime I used my Link to the DIS I immediately got an error message. It wouldn't even let me look at the boards.......:eek: :eek: :eek:

Well out looking for an all in one......printer/fax/copier/scanner. Found a few nice ones at of course NICE prices. Anyone an expert on any of these. I liked the HP PSC950. It had slots for your smart media cards for downloading digital pictures and a flat bed scanner.

well got to run........I need to start packing for my trip.

smiles Patty

GoofyDisney
10-31-2001, 09:21 AM
Patty,

Where is Gary when you need him?

karen

GoBlueGuy
10-31-2001, 10:55 AM
As I told Kelly, I just booked for 11/30/02. After discussing it, rather heatedly at times, we decided we wanted to do the Eastern again (Want to see St. John this time!), and the kids had trouble "re-adjusting" to school (i.e. didn't "feel" like doing homework!) As this was the end of their card marking, let's just say their grades weren't all that good! They were getting A's before we left! Go Figure. Anyway, we decided to book something more towards the beginning of a card marking, rather than the end. (Also, I may mention the 11/30 date was $700 cheaper than 9/28!)

On to the Scanner/Printer/Fax/etc. Last time I looked at them (around 2 years ago, so it means absolutely nothing!) they were a bad mix of products! Usually a so-so scanner, so-so color ink-jet, and a decent plain paper fax. But again, I haven't looked at the new ones.

Goofy: I remember reading somewhere that you're going to see the Lion King in Chicago. When are you going, and do you think tix are still available?

Gary

papa
10-31-2001, 11:24 AM
Well, with my getting a new computer, new grandbaby, new something else? No, nothing else.:rolleyes: Maybe Mike and I need to look at the 11/30/02. Wait, I don't think I can go at that time. We have a stupid rule at the hospital that vacations cannot be taken during Thanksgiving or Christmas week. Something about too many of us peons would want to actually get OUT OF TOWN during those weeks.:rolleyes: Huh, you would think.:p Not me.

In a New York Minute!

Scott, don't let Dan mistreat you. Go and get those massages if you want to. I am sure you have earned them. :D Our manager at Kroger sure earns his welfare check dealing with all of those melon thumping, grape eating, banana squeezing and just pick over the produce idiots. I watched a woman shuck several ears of corn in the produce and just leave the corn there without replacing the shucks back over the corn. No one wanted to buy that dried out corn. :rolleyes: Any way, you do your massages and think of me. I have the same problem as Dan and that is why I don't get them either.:D Would like to but I just can't bring myself to disrobe in front of them. :p

Mike and I are getting ready to go to a gun club and shoot my dad's 22 rifle. He cleaned it up really well and got it working again. It hasn't been shot in years. I love that gun. He and his brother saved up a long time when he was seven and bought it from Sears Catalog. It is a Springfield 22. The gun site is off just a little to the right but I can hit a bull in the butt with it. :smooth: (Don't ask) Any way, he has some targets that he got and he wants to shoot his gun/rifle (?) I don't know what kind it is but it is LOUD. I just like to 'plink'.

Take care, Kathy

peagreenid
10-31-2001, 12:13 PM
I have been looking at the HP G85 and PSC950. They both look okay. I just don't have the space to have everything lined up......and I'm going to need those things, If I am to become a LS!! teehee.

Kathy......I too am a Plinker! My husband isn't happy unless it's big enough to knock him on his behind! :D
We haven't been shooting in a long time. He was mad because our cruise was during opening day deer season. Same for the dates next year......but who needs a deer anyways. He just asked me yesterday about going out with him shooting at the range. It's been so long, I'm afraid I'll embarass myself!

well got to run.....

smiles Patty

peagreenid
10-31-2001, 12:14 PM
I'm going to send you some pictures of Mutt and Jeff..........during Cross Country and Volley ball......

smiles Patty

GoBlueGuy
10-31-2001, 01:13 PM
The cruise starts the Saturday AFTER Thanksgiving, so you wouldn't really be taking off DURING Thanksgiving week! I'm not sure what the deal was, but 9/28 was more expesnsive than even the other Western sailings around it. Must be too many Cruisetoberfest-9/29's filling it up!

Patty: Both of them look OK the PSC950 is brand new. The document feeder of the G85 looks nifty if you''d use it. But printing directly from your camera's memory card (should be MUCH faster) is cool too. It look's like the G85 was made for a small/home office, and the PSC950 for regular home use. Looks like either would probably do what you want.

Gary

peagreenid
10-31-2001, 03:38 PM
it's nice having our very own "ROCKET SCIENTIST" !!!:D :D :D

smiles Patty

peagreenid
10-31-2001, 03:43 PM
The week after Thanksgiving has been historically the slowest week at WDW. Probably why it is cheaper.

smiles Patty

GoBlueGuy
10-31-2001, 04:05 PM
you and Lynette should bunk together, and you'd probably get the WED, or at least the ROD!:D

Good luck,

(PS Crucial just sent me a price list, and after holding steady for a couple of weeks, they are DOWN 10-20% again.)

Gary

KellyR
10-31-2001, 04:31 PM
Just wanted to send a quick "Hello". Nick and I are going to Clearwater during Veteran's weekend to visit Michelle and Mikey, our new cruise buddies. It's going to be a great time as Scooby Doo is performing nearby in Tampa!!! Won't Nick be surprised! Also, my future scientist will be in awe when we visit the MOSI.

Tiiiigergirl and I have already decided to eat together on our next cruise, and Michelle, too, once she books. It's so great to have met all these wonderful DIS friends!

Goofy Karen, I'm sure we will see you, Joe, and Annabelle around the ship! Hope you don't have pyschos/complainers at your table!

Kelly

papa
11-01-2001, 09:10 AM
Some people just don't know nothing. (Me) We went to the gun range yesterday and some guy there was shooting a cannon. At least that was what it sounded like. Mike called it a high powered rifle. All I know is that no amount of ear protection was enough. I don't even like going to parades that shoot off that little cannon. I just don't like loud noises. Then some one came in that kept shooting something that I thought he was "boosting" the bullets power or range and Mike laughed and said that he was using a muzzleloader. Well! Let me tell you what. That thing did not look anything like Davy Crockett's gun.:D What I know about guns you could stick in a chigger's ear.

Well I was jumping every time the "high powered rifle" went off and then each time the guys on either side of us shot, I jumped so I took myself back to the truck, got stung by a yellow jacket wasp in my throat and just felt terrible. I sat in the truck for about 20-30 min until I could listen without jumping when the guns went off and watched Mike with his cannon. I then got out of the truck, showed him where the wasp had stung me and proceded to shoot my 22 rifle. I can hit the target and Mike said that I did good. I hit the center ring several times. :cool: and really enjoyed myself.

We got home around 2:15p.m. and I still had to do some cooking for DD1's party last night which was a rousing sucess. However she called me all upset after one of her cats jumped on the table while she was showering and ate deviled eggs and what he didn't eat he pushed off into the floor for her golden retriever to get. :D I laugh every time I think about it.

Hope every one had a good time last night, we sure did. Take care. Kathy

GoofyDisney
11-01-2001, 01:55 PM
Howdy gang!

I think that is so cool that cruisers are visiting each other!!!! I am jelaous! WHat a wonderful way to make new friends! One instant thing in common then building friendships on the rest. Again, just another example of the magic of Disney!

Good thing that people are booking their cruises now. We have friends who are trying to book this year, and are coming up short. Of course, they are trying to book for spring break and christmas...but on spring break, there is only Cat 9 available, and they were trying to book the WED or ROD, at the very least a Cat 2...so now they are in limbo trying to hold out to see if ANYTHING above a Cat 9.

I told them that I am sure the extras that you get with the suites are worth it. But if they don't get the room they want, its no big deal, cause when you are at dinner or around the pool, everyone gets the same level of service.

Anyway...

Kathy, STUNG IN THE THROAT???

Are those of you who are pinkers sad there isn't skeet shooting on the boat?

Gary, Going to see Beauty & THe Beast in Chicago Dec 8th! Wanna go?

I am excited about Grand Cayman. My dad has gone there to dive numerous times.

I think it would have been THE KEWLEST to be on the ship yesterday!!! For Halloween!!!!!

I can hardly wait till next year! How many days now?

karen

papa
11-01-2001, 10:34 PM
More than it should be according to my need to cruise:D

Kathy had to go to the emergency room today as she had severe pain in her tummy. Dr said she had gastro something and gave her some good drugs;)

She is doing better and I am thankful for that. Another month closer to the cruise and leaving all our problems behind.

GoBlueGuy
11-02-2001, 09:35 AM
I'd LOVE to go, but when I asked DW about it, she reminded me that that's the weekend BEFORE the infamous LEGO tournament! (That's why I have a DW, I'm a terrible planner!) Maybe we'll go after the 15. Thanks anyway.

Gary

papa
11-02-2001, 10:10 AM
Please forgive me but what is a LEGO turnament? The only legos I know of are the ones that fascinated me when I was 4 and my mean old cousins wouldn't let me play with and when my children were growing up we got for them and they wouldn't let me play with until I had them down for nap. :p I loved them. The ones my cousins had had little windows and doors that really worked. I loved them. I must have broken some of the windows or the doors and that was probably the reason for the stinginess of them. ;)

After my kids were older and could manipulate the little legos, they came out with the larger duplo blocks. We never had those. We did have lincoln logs though and we loved them too. We would build forts and all kinds of houses. Well, they didn't have a huge collection of logs so we would built a couple of homes to go into the fort. :D

Which brings me to Tinker toys. All I can remember about those was that there was SO many pieces and they were everywhere! They hated to pick them up and as I would find them, into the trash they went. :p It took about a year.

Take care, Kathy

GoofyDisney
11-02-2001, 10:19 AM
Kathy, so glad to hear you are better!

Gary, What is a legos tournie??? Tell your DW howdy for me!

My fav was lincoln logs!!! What cool forts you could build with those, and you didn't even have to be good at building stuff (like with legos)!

Anyone use the Game room on Deck 2 while on board?

The Steamboat Willie Conference Room (right next door) was a Hidden Mickey. We went in twice, once when it was being used as a Muslim prayer room, and once when it had most recently been used for a class on conflict resolution!

papa
11-02-2001, 10:22 AM
Peagreenid, your hubby would actually SHOOT Bambi? Oh my goodness. There is nothing better than the venison roast that my DSIL makes from the hunting her DH and DS get each year. I just like to plink cans. We used to plink cans when I grew up in Alabama and lived in the country.

Mike took me to an enclosed shooting range and I nearly embarrassed myself when I heard the first shot from a guy nearby us. Let me just say...depends:o That is why I thought the open gun range would be less loud. NOT! And I thought the stuff I saw the guy pouring into the barrel was to boost the guns' power. Well, yes and no. I found out about muzzle loaders. Not Davy Crocketts gun though. Oh well.

GBG they still frown on Vacations during that week.

Yes, Cathy. Stung in the throat, thought I might be having a reaction to the sting and that was making my stomach hurt so bad but apparently it was a reaction to eating those darn nuts. I don't do big people nursing just babies. Hense I am a little dense when it comes to diagnosing myself. (like we oughta):rolleyes:

Gonna get off. Have a nice day. Kathy

peagreenid
11-02-2001, 10:32 AM
Don't remind me about memory Prices! They could almost put it in GUMBALL machines and sell them for .50. I wish someone would put HYNIX out of there Misery and things would probably look up for the rest of us!

Thanks for the well wishes............I don't think Poor lynette realizes what she is getting herself into!!

smiles Patty

peagreenid
11-02-2001, 10:41 AM
You need to take care of yourself. Stung in the throat.......tummy trouble from Nuts.
I had to take DH to the Doc this week. He had a big lump under his chin on the right side. His Salivary gland had an infection in it. Heavy duty Antibiotics and he had to suck on Lemon drops. They made an appt. with a specialist to have it biopsied if it didn't go down. Well thank god it did, so he is going to cancel the appt. today. My DH never gets sick, but when he does it is always the weird stuff with a long duration! Orbital Cellulitis- (that was really really ugly) Bells Palsy (really annoying) and he slipped and fell at work a while back and had to have 70+ stitches in his face (he won't be on the cover of GQ any time soon) The doctor laughed when he looked at his chart the other day. All of these things have happened on the right side of his face!

ME I hate bees!

Hope you are feeling better
smiles Patty

GoBlueGuy
11-02-2001, 10:50 AM
Well, LEGOs have changed a bit in the last few years (like everything else!) Now they make computerized LEGO, if you can beleive it! LEGO makes a small programmable controller and motors and sensor to go with it, called Mindstorms. Here's a link: http://mindstorms.lego.com/

And then there's this guy Dean Kamen, some 30-something entrepenuer (invented the protable insulin pump, and working on a fuel-cell powered scooter code named Ginger) who started an organization to get kids interested in technology/engineering/science. It's called FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) One of the things they are currently doing is a contest called First LEGO League.

First LEGO League (FLL) (Link: http://www.FirstLegoLeague.org ) has a contest for kids 9-14 to design and build a LEGO Mindstorm robot to do various things. This years challenge centers on The Arctic. There are various things the robot must do to score points, and there is a time limit. Anyway, my company is sponsoring 3 teams, and the state tournament here in Indiana. I'm co-coach on a team.

It's a great learning expierence (on both sides, coach and kids) and lot's of fun.

It's really cool. I'd recommend it to anyone who knows of kids interested in technology, computers, robots, and even just plain LEGOs. Theres something for everyone.

(whew, another LONG post!)

Gary

GoBlueGuy
11-02-2001, 10:54 AM
Maybe you guys should consider RDRAM. I was shocked to see that you guys didn't make it. Didn't they buy a license? I'm seeing more and more systems that I sell using RDRAM (but I sell into the engineering space mostly, not home stuff). By the prices I pay, there HAS to be a pretty good margin in it!:(

Gary

peagreenid
11-02-2001, 01:06 PM
NOT

Although they Charge you more for it, it is also MUCH more costly to manufacture. And of course I would say that although we can produce it, and Have......I don't think we are on the "BEST" terms with Rambus! We do have a 5 year commitment with Microsoft to provide chips for the X-box. We shall weather this storm as all the others...............:D

smiles Patty

Tiiiigergirl
11-02-2001, 02:18 PM
Gary!

Who is going to stalk me on my next cruise?

GoBlueGuy
11-02-2001, 03:14 PM
You'll just have to go on 11/30 if you need a good stalking!:D :D

If not, I guess we'll just have to find someone else!;)

I really don't understand why it was SO much more on 9/28 than 11/30. It'll be better for the kids, they'll be able to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for Thanksgiving, and then a cruise!

I really will miss all you guys!

Gary

kid@heart
11-02-2001, 03:47 PM
We just got back from a 15 night stay at VB & BC. It was great. The only way to get over the blues was to start thinking about vacations next year. We will be on the 9/28/02 cruise. We went last year and loved it. THANKS for the thread! I needed this!!!
:D :D :D

KellyR
11-02-2001, 07:32 PM
Hello!!!!

Patty and Lynette ~ hope you girls have a great time together! Let us know how it goes!

Hey Tiiiigergirl! Hey Goofy Karen! Hey GoBlueGuy! Don't you guys miss John's nightly journal entries?! Well, at least he emails every once in a while.

Anyone thinking about a January cruise for the great $99 Fall special? Can you imagine, 3 cruises in one year? January, September 28, and a 3 day in the Fall, also! Decent prices for FL residents in January, too. I'll keep dreaming!:rolleyes:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Gary, I wish Nick was old enough for the LEGO tourney. He loves the real ones and anything related to science. Can't wait until next weekend at the MOSI!

Take care all you 9/28'ers!

papa
11-02-2001, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the cruise kid@heart!

papa
11-03-2001, 07:29 AM
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Me, I gotta go to work to pay for my computer. ;) I work every weekend that rolls around. It just works out best for us now that Mike is at home.

Can't wait for next September.:bounce:

:wave: Rosemary.

During the night it has gotten warmer here. 66degrees this a.m. Maybe it's my 'mones or lack of but it is hot! :confused:

The birds are calling me to feed them and the dogs need out, the cat wants food, the ferrets were cleaned out last night but want treats and I gotta feed the fish. Whew! My day is beginning. Now to get a nap in before I have to go in tonight and slave over the hot babies. Just hope I don't get pulled to an adult floor. ;) I love nursing but hate to be pulled.

Well, take care everyone. Hope you have a good time this weekend. Kathy

peagreenid
11-03-2001, 09:34 AM
Welcome to our Group Kid@heart, I know that you will meet a lot of really fun people here.

Would someone please tell me, why is it, that when you take a day off they make you work 3 times as hard before you leave......... I mean
WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?????

I'm going to be Worn out before I ever get to see Lynette!

Take care everyone........I'm going to bed.

smiles Patty

lynetteSC
11-03-2001, 07:46 PM
Patty will expect towel animals while she is here???

I was putting clean sheets on her bed a minute ago and thought about that ... we ALL know how disappointed she was on DCL when her roomlady didn't make any animals for her ...

KellyR
11-03-2001, 08:17 PM
Kid@heart ~ Welcome! We've got 10 months to get acquainted with one another.

Lynette, are you saying that Patty's cabin steward NEVER made one towel animal the entire cruise??? With all the problems Patty had with her I sure hope she left her a very small tip (if any). When's Patty getting there? I thought it was this weekend.

I just got off the phone with Michelle of Clearwater. She'll be booking 9/28 very soon. Waiting on a reply from Dreams.

I also "spoke" to Carolyn (Happy Gilmore). She had sent me the $50 first time cruiser postcard. She and her DH went on a 4 night the week we got back. Now, they want to do a 4 night in January for the $99 vouchers in the Fall. I wish some money would come my way! I'd love to do 3 cruises next year. How about the rest of you?

Kathy, I can't imagine having your job! You take care of the preemies, right?

lynetteSC
11-03-2001, 08:28 PM
KellyR~ Patty will arrive Sunday nite:) I think her roomlady made one or two animals ... but nothing like everyone else's!!!!! She and her family were kinda disappointed (rightly so).

Glad everyone is making plans to go on 9/28 ...except GoBlueGuy!!!! Everyone will miss you!!!!

We still aren't sure what we are going to do. Kinda depends on what is going on dh's job. :(

Kid@heart~ You will LOVE these guys! They are sooo great!!!!! It really makes a difference to "know" people onboard the ship! :)

papa
11-04-2001, 12:36 AM
Kathy and I saw the atocha treasures here at a local jewelry store and we able to hold the first bar of gold that Mel Fisher recovered. If it is not too late when we get to Key West maybe we will be able to go through the museum.

peagreenid
11-04-2001, 02:07 AM
I didn't get upset about the lack of towel animals. Although we all want a room hostess that makes towel animals...... I was just disappointed that mine wasn't even nice. Everything appeared to be a bother to her. And the look on her face when she came to the door and DH and DS were standing on the verandah with the door open............the DEATH STARE...with the "DIDN'T YOU READ THE SIGN, LOOK! and then the comment that we should close the verandah door. And the Death stare that she eventually gave Lynette and Tony when they brought the Towel Monkey to our room to show Tommy. I always had the distinct impression that we were IN HER WAY. She wasn't nice to the kids. She never talked to them. And it was funny, because I saw her approaching younger kids and talking to them.
We are not rude nor do we expect much. It irratated DH, with the service we got. He didn't like being waited on hand and foot all of the time, nor did he like the attitudes of some of the other travelers, who treated the CM's like they were all slaves or something. We never asked for anything additional from our hostess.
Remember Salvatore' telling us that they rotated out the big meeting room for brunch. The other wait staff was giving him a hard time because it was his today with a group of 15 people and how HORRID it would be. Because sometimes with groups he said you just can't please people. He was so so surprised that we were all so easy to please and we were having a good time.
Sometimes I think these boards are bad in the sense that we read these and expect something........someone elses vacation.
I was very disappointed in our dinner at Palo. One, we had requested Salvatore' and they just gave us another server. I had also told them in advance that it was our wedding anniversary. Although I know they aren't required to do anything special, I thought they would.......what would be the point of telling them otherwise. So it started out bad......and I wasn't feeling well. Although our waitress was friendly, she didn't do anything extra at all. There were no suggestions of what to order or try. She didn't bring anything else out to try, no pizza's or anything else. Things everyone told me they had received while eating dinner there. So I had this thought in my head of what to expect and it didn't happen at all. We ordered our dessert and ate it and left.......I still kept thinking they would come over and tell us happy anniversary or something to that fact and it never happened. Now the cold was kicking in, I was disappointed and leaving all my new found friends and I wanted to surprise my dh. I got to the elevator........and the tears came. Poor DH didn't know what to do. I was mad at that point that I had missed my last evening with our friends for only a slightly better dinner and less service than my normal servers provided me. I know that my regular servers and Sandra my wonderful head server would never have forgotten my anniversary.
We all want that special experience. We want to eat with the captain and toot the mickey horn! But, I know we will all never get it.........even if I cruised 50 times.
BUT, I do expect someone to be friendly enough so that I am not feeling uncomfortable or awkward. Don't make me scared to go to my room. I paid for it!
enough rambling.........gotta pack
smiles Patty

peagreenid
11-04-2001, 02:10 AM
So glad that you are getting together with Michelle for My birthday. Have some cake and Icecream for me. I like chocolate!

smiles Patty

Tiiiigergirl
11-04-2001, 04:04 PM
Last night Warren and I took George, the new purple wheelchair, out for a spin at the Gateway shopping center. Ok Brandon named George. Don't ask me why because I haven't a clue!

Now, Gateway is a fabulous new mall with all kinds of great stores and upscale shops that have never before set foot in Utah. Now only one problem. IT IS AN OUTDOOR MALL! In the winter we have several feet of snow and it can dip below zero degrees. In the summer we have several days in the high 90's and even quite a few in the 100's. What were these people thinking!? An outdoor mall in Utah? This is not Florida or California.

We did eat at the California Pizza Kitchen. Our server, Donna, was from Beverly Hills and gets my highest praise. She could be a server on a cruise. With the exception of the crumb scraper, the fact that she didn't put the napkin in our lap and we got a bill at the end, I almost thought we were on the cruise again. Of course the food wasn't quite as good but hey since we usually consider McDonald's a culinary treat and we have forgiving memories, it was pretty good.

Hey is everyone ready for Christmas?

KSTIGGERSDAD
11-04-2001, 04:44 PM
SO, SOME OF YOU DO MISS BAD POETRY?I`M FLATTERED. WILL SOUTH CAROLINA STILL BE THERE AFTER THIS NEXT WEEK?ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WOULD BE CALIFORNIA THAT GOT ALL THE BAD VIBS AND WAS HEADED TO MEET ATLANTIS.

JUST LETTING YOU ALL KNOW I`M STILL AROUND AND LURKING SOME TIMES. CRUISES ARE ON OUR MINDS TOO. BUT IT WILL PROBABLY BE A COMPETITOR. PRICES YOU KNOW. LAST TIME WAS FUN BUT NO PRICES LIKE THAT FORTHCOMING.

TAKE CARE , JOHN

papa
11-04-2001, 07:35 PM
Hi Tiiiigergirl, I think George is a nice name. My dad's name was George. His favorite color was purple. I think it goes together. :D You are right, an open mall in a place that gets so cold and hot. What's up with that? We do have a new mall that I don't really enjoy here but it is really pretty. The smart ones at Opryland closed the theme park and built this huge mall full of expensive stores that I don't shop at and called it Opry Mills Mall. I just don't go there cause all I can think about was the fun summers that we spent there with our children while they were growing up. It is about 2 miles from here and it is an enclosed mall but I just don't feel any loyalty for that place. I like Walmart:bounce: .

Mike is fixing supper and since I came home from the hospital this morning and he was still asleep I just went to bed without eating anything and now I am hungry. I'm going to see if I can sneak a bite of something. ;) Take care, Kathy

GoBlueGuy
11-05-2001, 08:42 AM
They opened one of those in Fort Wayne too. They call it a "Life-style center" (Here I thought it was just a shopping mall, silly me:rolleyes: ) I think I saw a report on the news saying that the reason they've been doing "Outdoor" malls lately is to get rid of the loitering kids. Seems they don't like standing around outside. I did notice that there are not as many kid/teen oriented stores at the place. We'll see how well they attract the "Older" crowd during the winter. I don't think w'll enjoy slogging around in the snow/slush/wind much either!:( We'll see.

Gary

papa
11-05-2001, 09:38 AM
We here in Tennessee seem to be slower than anyone else. I would have never thought about an outdoor mall that discourages teens. Hum. Oh well, I guess I just am not a "mall" person.Never noticed that many teens at the mall when we went. But, I like to shop at Home Depot and Lowes and of course Walmart. Kroger gets my grocery money but to be honest Mike does 99% of the grocery shopping. I just don't care to. I guess I am a "stick in the mud".

KellyR, I do take care of premies and sick newborns. The premies are fun to work with but if we get a sick newborn (term infants) they just scare the heck out of me. They can be so sick so fast. You really have to have your assessment skills with those babies. (Like you don't use them anyway) Yes, I do love my job although I sometimes am tired of the upper management who are not in the health field but in business field who decide how many nurses are needed to take care of the babies. They never seem to think about the moms who walk in off the street, go into labor at the bus station, or at a 4th of July celebration or take crack and all of a sudden they go into labor and the babies are in trouble and need our help. That bottom line is all they are interested in. I know that the bottom line is also what keeps us up and running too but there has got to be a happy middle there somewhere. Enough of the fussing.

Sure hope lynetteNC remembered the chocolate on the pillow at night when she turned down the bed.:D

Breakfast is smelling so good. My DD1 is here to go to the doctor this morning. She arrived late yesterday afternoon. We thought she was going to make it till this morning but had to go to the ER last night afterall with a severe migraine. They gave her some good "stuff" and sent her home with me around 2 a.m. and now we are going to the doctor this morning. I feel like she is on a merry-go-round. Just hope she gets the brass ring this morning and they find out what is causing all the pain and can fix it. She hasn't been able to work in a year. Her poor hubby gets all the flak.

Take care, Kathy

GoofyDisney
11-05-2001, 10:02 AM
Howdy gang!!!

What a wonderful weekend. My brother and his wife welcomed Ryan Warner on Friday! Whipeee!

J & A and I were out of town this weekend. Dh is on the board of the big festival we have every year, Alpenfest. And this weekend was the big MI Festival Association conference. We went to Kalamazoo and stayed at the Radisson. In one weekend, we got to swim in a pool, eat Outback, shop at a mall with a real Gap, eat Olive Garden, shop at an Old Navy, eat Scholtchsky's, and go back to the mall!!! What a great weekend!!!!

And yes, Tggrl, I was telling Dh that even a month later, service at the hotels and restaurants seems almost rude compared to the cruise. And that if you do get exceptional service somewhere, you kind of kling to that person!

Our room hostess was more like Patty's. No death stare, but we didn't get towel animals as much. We got four. My Inlaws got cool ones every single night. On our first night, our hostess was sick, and 'someone' was supposed to do her rooms. But our wasn't done. WHich meant no chocolates and no personal navigators. So, I called the front desk. Ava apologized later, and I didn't mean to get her in trouble, but I wanted my chocolates and nav.

And Tggrl, they are building an outdoor mall in our town. We get well over 100" of snow every year. And the first year we lived here, we had 100" of snow in November alone! So, yeah, who's the marketing genius who came up with this one.

John, so good to see you!!! At the prices that are out there, how could you not take some of the cruises they are offering!!! Just make sure you tell us what you had for dinner!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTY! (this weekend) And yes, the end of your cruise did start to go downhill, tell DH that is why you have to do it again! And just remember, Gary's was worse! :)

Lynette, make sure you leave the little envelope on her bed on her last night there! (KellyR, I have a couple of extra if you want one! :) )

What museum is on Key West?

Dreamed last night that we just showed up and got on the cruise. We didn't have any luggage, but didn't care!

Have a great day!!!
karen

papa
11-05-2001, 03:20 PM
Here's a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Ryan! Congratulations, send me your mailing address and I will try to send you some bibs I make for the little one.

Karen, Mike and I went to one of the jewelry stores here last Thursday and they had some of the treasure from the Atocha,a Spanish galleon that Mel Fisher found in 1985. The ship sank off the tip of Florida in 1655. Can you imagine? Several million dollars worth of gold and silver were aboard the ship and it is beautiful. They are still finding things under the ocean down there and to finance the operation they are selling pieces from the Atocha. Oh how I wish I could afford something from that. The emeralds alone are just gorgeous.

Any way the museum of Mel's is there in Key West and Mike and I are going to go and see the rest of the things they have found. I don't think we will be disapointed. Some of the divers were here with the gold, silver, emeralds and talked with anyone who wanted to ask questions. I had lots, Mike and I used to scuba and the stuff they are finding now is in 25 feet of water. I could do it! (Of course with permission, the last person who did without permission is now in the federal pokey. Anyway they don't want any of our help. :D Just thought to throw that in.)

We are also wanting to go see the place where Jimmy Buffet has a (?) shop, museum, resturant, something. :D Oh surely there is something to do there.

Still waiting on my computer to get here. This is as bad as waiting for our docs to come last Sept.:bounce: Oh I just can hardly wait for next September!

Every one, hope you had a great weekend and glad to know that both Ryan and Hannah Noel got here in great shape. How much did he weigh and how long was he?

Take care, Kathy

GoofyDisney
11-06-2001, 03:57 PM
Howdy gang!

I giggle to myself when I read those thread titles, "Shouldn't my docs be here?" I remember that feeling! I loved that feeling! (well, really I hated it, but now I remember it fondly!)

kathy, I would LOVE if you made bibs. How sweet of you to offer!!!

When I was pregnant with my DD, our doctor and hospital was 1 1/2 hours away in Traverse City. The hospital is more advanced. I could have an epidural. (You can't have an epidural here in our little town.) Also, the hospital in TC has a neo-natal unit. The one here doesn't and if anything is wrong, they take your baby to this other hospital 45 minutes away that I wouldn't go to to have a splinter removed. And the mommy stays here in this hospital. So, all of that to say, we traveled to have our baby, and were so happy with that hospital and the staff. THey were the very best!!! (Our OB is the chief OB) Also, one of my dearest friends from my childhood is a neo-natal nurse. And one of my dearest friends here was a neo-natal nurse in Oklahoma before she left to start a family. Lots of neo-natal nurses in my life!

I think my DH would LOVE the Fisher museum!!! Is it on Key West? I am sure Dave from Marietta has a web site for it!

I want to eat at the Cheeseburger in Paradises in the Hawaiian islands again! Best hamburger I have ever had was at CIP on Maui!!! And we got to keep these mugs that turn blue when they are cold. Of course, in Northern michigan, up in our cabinet, they are almost always blue. Seems they miss the tropical climate too!

With travel prices so low, I would give my right arm to go to Hawaii right now. Everything is so cheap!!!! But, I we have spent most of our vacation money already (cruise) and what is left is for Disneyland at Christmas! Ho-hum. A new year is coming!

The dream I had a few nights ago about going on another cruise, has made me think about it soooo much. Makes me want to go right now!!! (SXM today, and SXT ? tomorrow) Where is Lynette when I need her.

I am sure Lynette and Patty are having the most fun!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear about it!

Ya'll have a great Tuesday!
karen

GoBlueGuy
11-06-2001, 06:41 PM
I got an email from TWA this morning. How about $250 r/t from STL to OGG! Only good this weekend, thur or fri depart, sat or sun return. For $500 r/t, I'd almost drive to St. Louis! Kids can't take off any more school!

Oh well:(

Gary

KellyR
11-06-2001, 07:40 PM
Hello everyone! Congrats on the new babies! It's wonderful to hear about babies brought into this world who have loving parents.

Wow, you all have been busy "talkers". Let's see, Patty is so busy learning to be a LS that neither she nor Lynette can post. Hmmmm....

John, so good to hear from you! I hope you and Jean find a wonderful vacation to take soon. Let me know all about it.

Kathy, what's the news on your DD1? I think not knowing must be the worst part of it all.

Goofy, sure do miss seeing you every day!

Shelly, we all miss having dinner with you and yours!

Gary, got a tech question for you. How are these combined digital/video cameras? Are they difficult to operate? Are they a good buy? I don't have a video camera and my 35mm died in St Maarten (remember?!). Wondering if I should spend the money. Would I need anything special for my computer to use the digital? I'm clueless!

Got good news today. I've been offered an additional assignment ~ an afterschool program. That means $$$. I figure I can afford ANOTHER 7 day cruise. But, I think I'll do the wise thing and put it in the bank. Or is that wise nowadays??? Maybe I'll pamper myself with a short cruise. I'll let you know what I decide. Prices are great right now!

PATTY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, YOU LIVE IN A ZOO .... HOPE THEY TREAT THE ANIMALS GOOD! I'LL BE GLAD TO EAT CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR YOU.

papa
11-07-2001, 09:53 AM
Well gang another day closer to our cruise:D

papa
11-07-2001, 03:08 PM
Karen check your mailbox in a few days. Bibs are on the way. Kathy enjoys making them and we hope that you and Ryan will enjoy them.

There are still so many things to explore about our new destinations on the western route so I guess that I will have to start looking and planning.

Mike

papa
11-08-2001, 09:51 AM
Karen, I have been a nurse in the NICU ever since I graduated from nursing school. This next June it will be 18 years in the same little ole nursery. We have a 10 bed unit with a one bed isolation room. We only, just in the last few years, started offering epidurals. Those poor mom's would lay back there and just suffer. It was hard to watch mothers laboring. But now we have come out of the dark ages and we have epidurals! Yea! We keep our babies there for the most part. Unless they have cardiac problems then they go to Vanderbilt Hospital. My hospital is the city hospital and our little moms sometimes can't even get across town to get to their babies. Sad.

Mike sent the bibs yesterday while my DD1 and I were out with her girl friend from high school to go to the movies. I took them to see 'Monsters". Unfortunatly Kathryn got sick at the movies and after we dropped her friend off we came home for a few minutes and then went to the ER, again. Her PCP gave her new drugs yesterday morning to combat the headaches but they are not working yet. He said to give them a week to get into her system but meanwhile take the hydrocodone. Hah! That doesn't touch the headache. Me, it would knock on my hinney, her, it doesn't touch. *wringing my hands*

I love that song "Cheeseburger in Paradise" I think that is what hooked me. I just found out I am a closet Buffet fan about 3 years ago. A friend at the hospital brought a cd in to listen when the place is quiet and I fell in love with it. I just wish I could find it at the store. She left it there for a long time and I kept telling her that if it came up missing not to come to my house.:D She finaly took it home but now I can't remember what the cover looked like.

Mike has breakfast ready. Yum! I ate breakfast yesterday then ate popcorn at the movies and nothing else cause it took so long for them to get Kathyrn's migraine under control. I came home last night and crashed. I am hungry. :D

Take care, Kathy.

GoBlueGuy
11-08-2001, 11:36 AM
I don't have any REAL experience. I did sell/set-up a computer for a guy to do digital video editing for a PBS documentry, and he really seemed to like the set-up. Also, another guy here at work has a Sony DV camcorder, and he loves it! He owns a Karate studio, and uses it for instruction. I do know if I were going to buy a camcorder now, I'd probably buy a Sony DV.

Hope it helps,

Gary.

PS The interface from the DV camera to the computer, with editing software is in the neighborhood of $150-250, so says the Karate guy. (The other documentry guy paid over $800 for his, but it is professional grade stuff!)

RellingTwin
11-08-2001, 06:56 PM
Hi everyone, I haven't been on the boards in a few weeks. My days have been very busy. Work, the kids (school work, girl scouts, boy scouts) the days are flying by!
I just got off the phone booking the Sept. 28th cruise!!!YIPPEE!
Let the planning begin!!!LOL!
I have also booked a weekend at Disney Hilton Head Resort for the weekend of Feb 16-17. Anyone interested in a DIS meet there? I love to have some fun thing planned for after the holidays. It makes the post-Christmas blues easier.
Congrats on the new babies! How wonderful!I am an OB/Gyn nurse and although I take care of ladies who are expecting, we do not get to see the "finished product" until the 6 week post partum check up!

KellyR
11-09-2001, 12:16 AM
Hi All! Gary, thanks for the camcorder info. On another subject, I "talked" to your wife today and found out that you are a very bad boy. LOL

Hey Mary! So, were you able to get a secret porthole room? Which one? Who'd you book with?

Short and sweet tonight, guys. Going on our weekend getaway tomorrow. Can't wait to see Scooby Doo!

Kelly

RellingTwin
11-09-2001, 06:50 AM
Kelly, I did not get a SP room:( . There were none available! We booked a Cat.10 it is on the 2nd deck. I booked with DVC. I plan on calling once a month to see if we can get 5520 again. Maybe "fall Fantasy" rate will allow us to upgrade at a later date.We were on deck 2 on our 1st cruise and it was fine.

GoofyDisney
11-09-2001, 10:02 AM
I cannot tell you how important our OBGYN nurses were to us. We still just drop by my doc's office to say hello, and show off DD. We love them, and look forward to having them the next time. My OBGYN doc is the most amazing man. He is the VERY best. I suffered two really harsh miscarriages before having DD. One was a fluke and one was normal. They were very serious. (Cyst burst requiring emergency surgery; regular misc. at 4 1/2 months.) And when I went in to give birth to my daughter, some of the attendings were the smae nurses I had had before. They didn't remember of course, but I did. It was really neat.

Speaking of hospitals. I am concerned about your daughter, Kathy and Mike. Please let us know what happens. How old is she? Isn't she having an appt with a specialist today?

Cruise: HAVE YA'LL SEEN THE NEW BROCHURE YET FOR 2002-2003!!! IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! It has a picture of the sting rays. I gigled to myself. Get your hands on it. It is coooooolllll!!!!!

Took DD to see Monsters last night. She is 2 1/2. She went crazy. She loved it!!! She laughed at all the right parts. She laughed out loud, really loud. DH and I were laughing at her, she was so funny. And when they had the little homage to Toy Story, she caught it and kept screaming Toy Story. (She has only seen Toy Story once, and it was two weeks ago on the Magical World of Disney.) But she saw it and knew who it was. She is so smart!
I won't say where the TS thing is, don't want to spoil it for anyone else.

But Monsters was great. I smell an OSCAR!!!

Kelly, howdy to you and Nick!! And your mom too. We had McDonalds for breakfast last week and thought of you!

Gary, you are ou

GoofyDisney
11-09-2001, 10:06 AM
I cannot tell you how important our OBGYN nurses were to us. We still just drop by my doc's office to say hello, and show off DD. We love them, and look forward to having them the next time. My OBGYN doc is the most amazing man. He is the VERY best.

Yeah, women in our town have given birth without epidurals forever. Better women than me I can tell you that!

Speaking of hospitals. I am concerned about your daughter, Kathy and Mike. Please let us know what happens. How old is she? Isn't she having an appt with a specialist today?

Will let you know as soon as I get the bibs. Thanks again so much! You are really sweet!

Cruise: HAVE YA'LL SEEN THE NEW BROCHURE YET FOR 2002-2003!!! IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! It has a picture of the sting rays. I gigled to myself. Get your hands on it. It is coooooolllll!!!!!

Took DD to see Monsters last night. She is 2 1/2. She went crazy. She loved it!!! She laughed at all the right parts. She laughed out loud, really loud. DH and I were laughing at her, she was so funny. And when they had the little homage to Toy Story, she caught it and kept screaming Toy Story. (She has only seen Toy Story once, and it was two weeks ago on the Magical World of Disney.) But she saw it and knew who it was. She is so smart!
I won't say where the TS thing is, don't want to spoil it for anyone else.

But Monsters was great. I smell an OSCAR!!!

Kelly, howdy to you and Nick!! And your mom too. We had McDonalds for breakfast last week and thought of you!

Gary, you are our resident tech geek. you are supposed to know everything!!!

I told DH last night that I really want to cruise again. In fact, I want to cruise like three times a year. I told him, that settling for three was going easy on him! :)

have a great weekend!
karen

papa
11-09-2001, 04:50 PM
Way to go Mary!!!!!!!!! Karen I took DD1 to the specialist today and they are going to do some MRI's and changed her meds. She is snoozing right now.

I upgrade my desktop and laptop with some additional memory and it has seem to speed them up some. By the way Patty the memory modules came from Id. Ordered them from dell and that is where they shipped from. Mike

papa
11-10-2001, 10:52 AM
Additional memory works great, but I had to clean off the potato skins first. You know how it is with the Idaho state export.

Has anyone looked at the excursions for our trip yet?

peagreenid
11-11-2001, 06:09 PM
Check out Crucial.com. That is Micron's site for memory. Maybe that is where Dell shipped it from. It is usually very reasonable and you can buy from them direct. GoBlueGuy uses them.

sorry about the spuds.........! :D You know "we" potato farmers now make chips.......!

Just ask J.R. Simplot. He started out with pigs and potatoes and now owns a large portion of Micron stock. Although the potatos made him a millionaire.......the chips made him a Billionaire.

smiles Patty

peagreenid
11-11-2001, 06:16 PM
I'M AN L.S.!!!! YIPPEE!!!

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. By the time that I got home late on Wednesday and Had to work the rest of the week, I'm beat. I did only sleep 2 hrs today and took Mutt and Jeff to Monsters Inc. What a wonderful movie!

We had a wonderful time. Although I'm sure that Lynette is a little tired of me by now. We spent the first day training at work and the second day shopping. We went to the largest Outlet mall I've ever seen. Concord Mills. Kids loved the stuff I brought home for them.

Got a lot to learn and even more to do. Lots of training programs.........and I want a graduation cap with mickey ears on it.

got to run for now.......
smiles Patty

RellingTwin
11-11-2001, 06:56 PM
I have been trying for weeks to avoid this question, hopeing that something in a post would help me figure it out, or that someone elase would ask. But now I simply must know! What the heck is a LS?:confused: :confused: :confused:

GoofyDisney
11-11-2001, 07:33 PM
hehehehehe

Mary, you too are now in the same place all of us 9/29-ers were in until Lynette and Patty shared the secret code with us. I will let them tell you! (around page 30 I think)

Did we already talk about how GREAT Monsters was????

I posted this on the Displaced board, and will put it here also. I would appreciate your input!

M & K - I am glad that your DD was snoring! (must mean restful sleep). Hope the meds do their jobs.

I posted this on the Disneyland boards, and would like your opinions if you know the answer. (Patty, anyone else...)

Need your suggestions for special Christmas dining?
We will be at Disneyland for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and 26th. We need suggestions for dining.

We are looking for a Character meal. Would like your opinions on whether to do a breakfast, or a lunch or dinner. And should this character dining experience be our Christmas Day lunch or should we do something else.

What are the nice restaurants?

If we did one restaurant on Christmas Eve night, then one on Christmas Day for lunch, what would your suggestion be for each?

If we were talking WDW, I could answer this one myself. But this is our first trip to DL and we are relying on all of you Dis-ers for your input!

Any and all ideas are welcome!!!
Thanks in advance!

peagreenid
11-11-2001, 07:49 PM
The disneyland hotel.....has some nice restaurants.....let me research it and I'll get back with you.......

smiles Patty

peagreenid
11-11-2001, 07:50 PM
Locomotion Specialist.............!

I thought everyone knew what an LS was! ;) Didn't mean to leave you out of the loop!

smiles Patty

GoofyDisney
11-11-2001, 07:51 PM
Patty, you have have to tell her the rest....

LS = Loco Specialist = Travel Agent!!!!!!!!

GoofyDisney
11-11-2001, 07:52 PM
And thanks Patty, you steered us right on the Candy Cane, I am counting on you for this next answer!
:)
Glad you are home!
Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!

peagreenid
11-11-2001, 07:55 PM
I was going to drag Mary on a bit........! :smooth:

smiles Patty

peagreenid
11-11-2001, 07:56 PM
Just used my LS capabilities and see that it is $1279 for the 4 of us to go to the Candy Cane over spring break......WOW. Last time I went it was $579

smiles Patty
:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

peagreenid
11-11-2001, 07:59 PM
LOCO is about right!

smiles Patty

GoofyDisney
11-11-2001, 08:00 PM
Sorry patty....

hehehe

You can come and stay with us at Christmas if you want!

peagreenid
11-11-2001, 08:04 PM
Hey Goofy......They had a Character type buffet at the Disneyland hotel. More upscale. I remember the food was AWESOME. All you can eat prime rib.....but they had a pork roast there to die for.
The food was really really good. They also had a steak house.
There are numerous restaurants at the Disneyland hotel and I don't think you will be disappointed by any of them.
smiles Patty

lynetteSC
11-11-2001, 08:07 PM
Mary~ When I first started posting with the 9/29 group, I didn't want them to know I am TA. USUALLY, I travel incognito for various reasons... So, Patty had the awesome idea of making ship deckplan list with all our names/ages/info and even occupations. She finally emailed me privately and asked if I was a TA since I was also going to Alaska before our DCL trip. I told her yes, but I didn't want anyone to know. So, she sends out these wonderful list of all our occupations and she has down as a Locomotion Specialist!!!! I quickly emailed her and asked her what in the world that was!! So, she defined it as locomotion=travel and obviously specialist as specialist!!!! But, soon everone on the boards kinda figured that one out! Soooooooooooo, now you know the whole rest of the story!!

GoBlueGuy
11-12-2001, 08:56 AM
Actually being an LS makes you a member of a Secret Society that conspires to make other people not get upgrades, and entitles you to be on deck 8!:D

Gary;)

GoofyDisney
11-12-2001, 09:53 AM
Patty,

You say its your birthday
Na na na na na na
It's my birthday too
Na na na na na na

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Patty Mayonaise
Happy Birthday to you
(this one is from Joe)

Have a great day! May you sleep well, may your shift be light, may your DH worship the ground you walk on, and may M & J cook for themselves!

Happy Birthday
Karen

peagreenid
11-12-2001, 02:50 PM
I appreciated all the birthday well wishes. But, goofy....M & J cook for themselves..........I'd be asking for trouble then. Actually they have a cake mix here and are supposed to bake my birthday cake when they get home from school. (lets hope for no eggshells this time) :D :D :D
They want to cook my dinner for me tomorrow when guy is home. We are supposed to have Steak and Shrimp......I wonder which one gets the BBQ duty.

GBG- I am only ensuring that the next time that I cruise DCL that Lynette is NOT looking down on me!! It was impossible for me to Throw up the beer bottles!!!

GOOFY- Patty Mayonaise? Is he teasing me about my WHITE legs?

smiles Patty

KSTIGGERSDAD
11-12-2001, 05:16 PM
HEY PATTY, IS IT YOUR B-DAY? I KIND OF MISSED OUT ON THE CONVERSATION. SO HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. OUR DAUGHTER WAS 26 YESTERDAY. WE HAD PORK CHOPS AND DRESSING IN HER HONOR. SHE WILL BE HERE THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING SO WILL TAKE HER OUT TO DINNER. THAT`S BEEN OUR TRADITION FOR SEVERAL YEARS. THE PERSON WITH THE B-DAY GETS TO PICK THE PLACE TO EAT.
YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS CHANGE HAS GOT ME CONFUSED. BEEN SENDING STUFF AND IT GETS KICKED BACK. IS IT THE NEW ONE NOW. I ERASED MINDSPRING.

TRYING TO GET THE KIDS TO GO ON A CRUISE IN THE FALL. DAUGHTER AND SON-IN-LAW PLUS SON AND GIRLFRIEND. HOPE IT WORKS OUT.

HI TO EVERYONE ELSE TOO.

THE TIGGER IS STILL BOUNCING, JOHN

papa
11-12-2001, 05:51 PM
Happy birthday Patty.

Went to check the mail today and remebered that the postal service is not running due to the veterans day holiday which was yesterday. Being on a Sunday it is observed by most businesses the following day which is today.

Need to stock up on the cayman island tortuga rum. My dad likes it better than the cruzen rum that we gave him from St. Thomas this last cruise.

Mike

papa
11-13-2001, 05:22 PM
Fixing dinner tonight. Baked Chicken with gravy, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn and for dessert. Devil's food cake with white sour cream icing.:D Anyone hungry?

RellingTwin
11-13-2001, 07:43 PM
Dinner sounds GREAT Mike. What time should we be there?

Anyone else looking forward to The Harry Potter movie this weekend?
I took the kids to see Monsters Inc last week. VERY cute movie . Billy Crystal is SO FUNNY!

Turkey Day is almost here! Anyone traveling?Hosting a crowd?Share your plans (recipes) with the rest of us!

papa
11-13-2001, 09:39 PM
Mary we enjoyed Monsters Inc and I guess that we will take in the harry potter movie. Busy getting ready to make arrangements for thanksgiving. Love the pecan pie recipe on the back of the karo syrup bottle. I use the light colored syrup for my pecan pies.

Dan and Scott are getting ready to leave St. Maarten in a short while and head to St. Thomas.

GoofyDisney
11-14-2001, 10:15 PM
Will write more in response to Rose's discussion topic tomorrow...but for now I just had to bump us! :)

peagreenid
11-15-2001, 08:49 AM
Is going to do Dinner alone this year. It is the only day off for Guy nestled in between two 48 Hr. shifts and I have to work the night shift that night..........Oh joy of joys. And when you hear the story that Turkey makes you sleepy........THEY ARE RIGHT...:o (this guy looks like he's yawning to me)

Anyone else running to the stores this week to purchase the x-box or Game cube for Christmas gifts. Mutt things He deserves the latter......! That obviously is his opinion only. So I guess I'll be standing in line with the rest of the throngs on Sunday morning after I get off work.....to get MINE! Well.....it was another long night.......and my LS duties have been cutting into my sleep time. (whats an LS to do?)

smiles Patty

peagreenid
11-15-2001, 08:51 AM
Since DH bought the Turkey fryer a few years ago........We wouldn't eat it any other way! If you haven't tried it........You need to IT IS AWESOME!!!

smiles Patty

GoofyDisney
11-15-2001, 09:29 AM
Hi patty!

Our bird is going into the Ron Popiel Showtime Rotissierie and Bar-B-Que! (Everything does in our house!)

peagreenid
11-15-2001, 06:06 PM
I can change tires, install a dishwasher and ceiling fan, repair my refrigerator......But.....
I bought the George Foreman version of that thing........and I couldn't thread a chicken on it so that it wouldn't hit the sides and stop turning. Cleaned it up, loaded it back in the box and took it back to the store. Too tough for me! Easy cleanup HAH! It took an act of congress and Octupus arms to take that thing apart and put it back together again.

You must be the Popeil Goddess! Wow......I'm in awe!

Let's see you squeeze Joe's Bambi into that one!

smiles Patty

peagreenid
11-16-2001, 09:30 AM
Still haven't had time to read anything past........

Mike and Kathy.......I hope DD is feeling better. Were the doctors able to figure anything out?

smiles Patty

papa
11-16-2001, 09:54 AM
Still running tests Patty. Thanks for asking. Going to run and eat breakfast with DD2 the prego:D

lynetteSC
11-16-2001, 11:38 PM
papa~ are you or anyone else here planning to attend the HH DIS meet in February?!?!?!?

peagreenid
11-17-2001, 12:16 PM
I thought that "PREGO" was a spaghetti sauce? LOL :D

Isn't it frustrating when your child is sick and they just can't figure it out? :confused:

good night all
smiles Patty

papa
11-17-2001, 06:21 PM
Yes it is Patty. Can't wait until DD2 is further along so that I can sing"Weebles wobble but they don't fall down" to her:D Mike

Tiiiigergirl
11-18-2001, 05:20 PM
Hello all!

Just thought I would say a quick hi! I have been buried the last several weeks in work. We have been getting around 65+ cases or more every week and with processing time and talking to both sides, I am talking to over 150 people every week! Yikes. I have been working a lot of overtime lately. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving Weekend. I'm taking time off even though I still have a grundle of work.

I need another vacation and I can't beleive it is so far away.

Catch ya later.

KellyR
11-18-2001, 08:02 PM
Hello! Just wanted to check in.

We loved Monsters Inc., too! I'll probably buy it when it comes out.

Nick's gone to Miss. to visit daddy. My Thanksgiving will probably be at a restaurant. No clean up!

Gotta get my grades done. Talk to you all in a few days.

peagreenid
11-19-2001, 01:19 AM
I sure miss both of you! Now Kelly......don't be harsh on the young ones!

take care both of yourselves and have a wonderful turkey day

smiles Patty

By the way kelly.......saw the trailer for Scoobydoo the movie at Harry Potter today........Nick should love it.

KellyR
11-19-2001, 11:49 PM
Whoa!!! We were near the bottom of the 2nd page. :(

Patty, I didn't even know that Scooby Doo has a new movie coming out. We have the latest video - The Cyber Chase. But, if there's a real movie coming to theatres we'll have to be there opening day. Thanks for the info! BTW, how was your 29th birthday? On another subject, can you get us a really great group rate for a cruise or an all inclusive resort somewhere warm? Wouldn't it be great to see each other again?! Maybe we should all go visit Lynette! LOL

RellingTwin
11-20-2001, 06:57 AM
In case anyone was wondering ...just 312 days to go!
:bounce: X312

lynetteSC
11-20-2001, 09:10 PM
Come one, Come all to the LS school in Charlotte, NC!!!!!!

:bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc

LOL! KellyR! I would LOVE TO see all you guys again!!!!! How is Nick doing?!?!?!? Hope you guys have a GREAT holiday!!!!!!!

Rellingtwin~ How many days until HH meet?????

TnRobin
11-21-2001, 08:32 AM
Well guys, it looks official. I will not be able to join you guys this year (That would have been our 4th Sept Cruise in a row.) :( :(
My in-laws want to do a family vacation and the only time everyone can get time off is September. I have tried to talk them into the cruise, but my MIL is deathly afraid of getting on ANY boat.

The good news for us is that we are now booked on the May 11th inagural Western Carribean Cruise.

peagreenid
11-21-2001, 01:50 PM
I want that cool countdown clock........!!!!!

Will it go all the way to 2005?

That is when DH says I can go on a DISNEY vacation next......

Such a scrooge........I married such a scrooge!

smiles Patty

TnRobin
11-21-2001, 02:24 PM
Actually the countdown clock was a present from one of the webmasters, I have no idea how to make it work. He just loaded into my signature for me.

GoofyDisney
11-21-2001, 02:58 PM
Hello everyone!!!!!!!!! How are all of you today????

We have one of DH's sisters in town for the holidays. We are going to have a big meal, then go to an even bigger git-to-gether for dessert!

Football, turkey and pie....does it get any better than this?

We are going to do some eating, after-thanksgiving sale shopping, eating, go to Frankenmuth and do Christmas ornament shopping, eat at Big Buck, watching football, watching rented movies, eating...

Just enjoying the holidays.

Make sure that you remember to tell the people in your life that you are thankful for them.

And on that note, I am thankful for these boards and all of my 9/29 friends, my 9/22 friends, and my 9/28 friends.

I have found you to be smart, funny, caring people. I enjoy that we share the Disney craze together, and enjoy that we can share each others company.

Every day when I check these boards, I look forward to seeing what you are up to, and I enjoy sharing my day with all of you. I miss seeing those who I have seen (and stalked), and look forward to seeing those I haven't met yet.

I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

From the entire GoofyDisney household!

papa
11-21-2001, 03:13 PM
Wanting to wish all of our extended family here on the boards a happy thanksgiving and enjoy your time together.

papa
11-22-2001, 10:04 AM
Happy Happy Turkey Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

papa
11-23-2001, 01:50 PM
Sorry that you couldn't go with us Robin. Hope that we get some good fall fantasy rates.

papa
11-24-2001, 01:08 PM
Daughter went to see the doctors and her report is as follows. Herinated Disc's in C3-4-5 and she has a cyst in her sinuses. Has another doctor visit monday and neurologists appointment on the 28th.

Hopefully Disney will give us all a break on our rates this coming September.

Those discs are all located in the neck area.

shellofclearh2o
11-24-2001, 10:14 PM
Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Mikey & I just returned from Monsters Inc.; it was too cute. I received Castaway Club info in mail today & will be making deposit on cruise!!!

papa
11-26-2001, 08:49 AM
Hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving and arrived home in good spirits.

DD1 and I are getting ready to go see her PCP this morning. Wish us luck!

Take care, Kathy

peagreenid
11-27-2001, 06:05 PM

We are on page 3.......!

I was beginning to think they moved our thread again......

Kathy and Mike- I hope that your daughter is feeling better. Just finding something has got to be a relief.

Shellofclearh2o.........glad that you checked in. We haven't heard from you since the cruise.

gotta run
smiles Patty

papa
11-28-2001, 01:38 PM
Hello Patty and gang. Hope everyone made it through the holidays ok. Kathy and I have been playing with her new embroidery machine. It's the one from brother that has 77 built in Disney characters. Like this machine!!!

Talk to you later. Mike

GoofyDisney
11-29-2001, 01:39 AM
Howdy gang!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving! I ate sooo much food. Wish I was back on the ship eating that much food so I ahd an excuse!

Did I tell ya'll that we have friends who want to book for this Spring Break, and it is full? They are booking for next year instead. And they laughed at us when we talked about 9/28/02. Ha! That will show them.

The holidays are upon us. Yeah!

I love sending and receiving Christmas cards! It is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season.

K & M - sounds like the docs are on to something. I hope it comes to a quick resolution!

I want my Castaway cay stuff!!! (Actually, I really need to go back to CC. I dropped my Christmas card pen on my lap, and on the way down, it hit my CC white shirt. UUUGGHHH Had to be my brand new permanent, waterproof glitter pen too.)

DH said we could go back and get another one. I said, "Is that before Sept, 2002, or after?"

Did my Christmas pictures on the Kodak picture maker at Walmart. They turned out so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to send them to my new cruise friends!!!

Ya'll have a great day! It was so fun to read all your notes during Thanksgiving!

Karen

peagreenid
11-29-2001, 11:08 AM
If you start now......you'll have no problems getting all of us Shirts Embroidered by Cruise time next year............something with Mickey and the Magic would be just fine........:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Goofy- Glad to hear that you had a wonderful turkey day. I think we ate too much also. It was just the 4 of us this year and DH wanted to know if it was possible to make a smaller batch of stuffing......since I always make so much. (they just don't understand do they) Once you cook for 25 you always cook for 25!

talk to everyone soon
smiles Patty

papa
11-29-2001, 11:45 PM
New Machine is working great Patty. Only problem since they are disney copyrights, we can only use them for own personal stuff. Won't want the mouse to get his tail all riled up.;)

Kathy is working tonight. Someone has to pay for this upcoming cruise. I do the best that I can on my disability pay. Right now I am in the process of joining the TN State Guard. This is the organized militia for the state under control of the governor. We would step in and take over control of armoury's and equipment that is left behind if National Guard units are activiated. After 17 years of military service that would be enough;)

Something for me to do to get me out from underneath Kathy's feet:D Mike

KellyR
11-30-2001, 05:03 PM
Hi everyone! Uneventful Thanksgiving for us. Shellofclearh2o called last night to tell me that the Castaway Cay stuff she received in the mail included info on price breaks for those of us who traveled after 9/1/01 but before pre-booking on the ship occured. My cat. 10 of $2600 has decreased to $1800! Since I haven't received the Castaway Cay letter I just emailed Dreams and they immediately replied that a call would be made to DCL today. Hopefully, I will receive another email from Dreams saying I got that great price break! What about the rest of you folks? Did you all check your prices?

Have a great weekend! Time to finish up the Christmas shopping.

Kelly

shellofclearh2o
12-02-2001, 02:30 AM
Everyone must be shopping & wrapping their gifts! I bought Mikey cute holiday outfit @ Disney Store 50% off! How many days 'til cruise???

papa
12-02-2001, 06:32 PM
Just got off the phone with Disney and we saved 400 bucks on our cat 5 cabin for the 09/28/02 cruise:D

RellingTwin
12-03-2001, 07:14 AM
299 days until we cruise!

peagreenid
12-03-2001, 11:05 AM
In keeping in touch.......but, gosh things have just been crazy lately. Guy is finally done working his 240 hrs in a two week period......Thank god that is over with and things are settling back down. I can't believe that December is upon us. There is a lot of snow in them there hills and Mutt and Jeff are anxious to be snowboarding/skiing. I have to take them after school today to pick up their passes. I purchased them last April, but haven't had their pictures taken yet. We had 4" of snow at the ski resort Thanksgiving night and we now have 49". The snow in town has melted.
Busy trying to get all of my LS stuff squared away. Trying to get everything set up in my office to make a good start. Have ordered a new printer/fax/scanner/copier from HP. Have taken My Disney College of Knowledge course and passed with flying colors. It's pretty scary when you know that much Disney stuff! I had to study a little harder for the new Disneyland park since I've never been there......but the course was so fun. (DH of course is beginning to think I'm crazed)
Well, I do hope that everyone has a wonderful time planning for the holidays.
smiles Patty

GoBlueGuy
12-03-2001, 01:56 PM
So, are you getting into the LS stuff because it's easier than learning to speak Korean?:rolleyes: Watch what you ask for (per your 11/02/01 post!:eek: Hope it works out for the best!

Gary

papa
12-03-2001, 06:04 PM
Hi Patty,
It was 71 degrees in Nashville today. Kathy's rosebushes have fresh roses on them. Fancy that the 3rd of december and still have fresh roses:D As Mary said 299 days until sailing.

peagreenid
12-04-2001, 12:34 AM
Quitcher lurking...........I see you are keeping up on your news. I'm still dying.........of shock on this one. I guess if we can't put them out of their misery we'll just have to buy them. Well as long as it keeps making my stock of more value.......I'm happy! The stories are interesting to say the least. Maybe I can make enough on this one to pay for that next cruise!!!!

smiles Patty

peagreenid
12-04-2001, 12:36 AM
I'm a little jealous of the temps and the roses.........but gosh those snow covered mountains around boise......they LOOK AWESOME! I'll have to take a pic and post it.

smiles Patty

How is DD doing?

papa
12-04-2001, 09:04 AM
Real snow? :D Yeah, you're right, snow looks better to me than bare leafless trees in 71 degree weather. :( The only thing worse to me is the ICE that we get and the crazies who don't try to learn to go slow on it. We all have to get back and forth to work but when that ice happens, the people here go crazy. :rolleyes: The first thing they hit is the Kroger and buy all the milk and bread. What's up with that?;) Then, they block all the traffic cause "Bubba" is trying his luck with his bald tires on the slick roads. (Then Mike takes me to work.:bounce: ) Yea for Mike!

DD1 and I are going to the ENT doc this morning and then to the Physical therapy place this afternoon. She is feeling better. (Drugs ;) )

Take care everyone. Kathy

peagreenid
12-04-2001, 07:09 PM
You gotta love the maniac drivers on their first SNOW DAY! The news managed to say that drivers of SUV's CAUSED at least 75% of all accidents that day. They think because they have 4 wheel drive that they are immune to icy conditions and speed limits. IDIOTS! all of them. I finally got DH trained and he does well. But, he usually lets me drive. I've been navigating our snow covered roads for a long time. It snowed again today.
I'm getting ready for Christmas!!

smiles Patty

papa
12-05-2001, 09:36 AM
Patty a four wheel drive goes better, It just doesn't stop any better than anything else:D

RellingTwin
12-05-2001, 09:00 PM
Has anyone noticed??? There are 3 more 9/28 cruisers on the "who's cruising" list!!! I am hoping we get up to the 100 mark by cruise time!

peagreenid
12-06-2001, 12:23 PM
I think that you "summed" that up perfectly!

more snow.......and more snow.

No sooner had I got everything shoveled yesterday..........

It snowed again.

smiles Patty

KSTIGGERSDAD
12-06-2001, 05:17 PM
GLAD YA`LL LIKE YOUR SNOW. YOU CAN HAVE MINE TO GO WITH IT. LUCKILY WE HAVEN`T HAD ANY. 70`S IN DEC IS FINE WITH ME. HAVE WALKING TRAIL ALMOST TO MYSELF AND GREAT WEATHER TO USE IT.

STILL CRUISING THE SITES FOR THE NEXT TRIP. STILL HAVEN`T DECIDED. HAVEN`T FOUND A PRICE TO GO ON DISNEY LIKE WE HAD LAST, ESPECIALLY THE WESTERN ROUTE. GUESS BECAUSE IT`S NEW THEY FEEL IT WORTH THE EARTH.
CHRISTMAS WILL NOT BE AS HAPPY THIS YEAR. MOST OF YOU KNOW WHY. FIL WILL BE WITH US, BUT IT WON`T BE QUITE THE SAME.

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW I WAS STILL THINKING OF YOU.

PEACE TO ALL, JOHN

Tiiiigergirl
12-08-2001, 01:55 PM
Hello All!

I bet you thought I had disappeared. Well I have been buried under a mound of work. Plus I am happy to report that this message is being sent from my home office. As of this Monday I am officially telecommuting. I did not think it would take this long but I think it will be worth it.

And Gary I think you would be most impressed because War and I put the whole thing together ourselves. The tech guys at the office refuse to come out to the houses of the telecommuters and tell us, I quote, "you need to be very computer literate to do this." Yeah right!

Even the fax machine works and I have the cutest laptop on the planet. I know I know only I would call a laptop cute but I think it is.

Anyway I am glad this day is finally here!

papa
12-09-2001, 11:22 AM
Wish I had a job that I could do at home. *Sigh* That sounds nice. Mike and I had hoped to start a sewing thing here but I don't really have much advertisement out at the hospital yet. ;) I am making a lot of bibs but am mostly giving them away to my friends and aquaintances. :D I just love to make them.

Have fun, do you have children? I would never be that diciplined to work at home. My three kept me so busy. I admire you.

Take care, Kathy

peagreenid
12-09-2001, 01:19 PM
It seems that I have the worst of both evils...........working at work and working at home. After the 13 hrs that I spend at work, I find myself coming home and working for several hours here. Unfortunately the only thing that I have managed to do is cut back on my sleep tremendously. Thank god, that guy doesn't mind doing the laundry. I'll reward him greatly later............I'll buy him one of those cool front loaders.......:D

smiles Patty

papa
12-10-2001, 09:35 AM
Hey Patty, Kathy has a front loader and it is nice, guy will love it. Makes it easy to transfer the clothes from the washer to the dryer:D

Well folks another week behind us and closer to the trip. Wish that we had more going with us on this cruise. Maybe we will pick up some more along the way. If I don't get anything else done today, it's Christmas cards mailed or bust.

Tiiiigergirl
12-12-2001, 05:52 PM
Boy I found our post buried on page 3. I guess Christmas is making us not as chatty.

Kathy I do have one son, but my boss told me I needed to keep the childcare going. The nice part is that I'm not as tired. I had an hour commute one way in nice weather and the roads in Utah in winter are not nice. What this means is I still start work at 6:30AM and am done and home earlier with more energy. I also think I'll be able to start volunteering at my son's school too.

For years I tried to think of a way to work from home. Then when I gave up it literally just dropped in my lap. It has been great except that I am a very social person and the loneliness is going to be hard. Luckily Warren, my husband, can come home for lunch most days.

DCL-Fan
12-12-2001, 09:43 PM
I guess I have been remiss about my posting responsibilities. It has been crazy since we came back from the infamous 9/22 cruise! I had been travelling every week up to the week before Thanskgiving and then we went on that other cruise line...I know traitors! Disney is without a doubt, my favorite!

We went on RCCL's Voyager of the Seas the week of Thanksgiving to the Western Caribbean and had a wonderful time. We wished we had some of our cruising friends along. Everything about the trip was great. We especially loved a place called Rum Point in Grand Cayman. It was so beautiful. If you are interested, here are some pictures from that trip.

Photo Album - Voyager of the Seas (http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1315113&a=14098320 )

We enjoyed it so much and got such a great deal by booking while we are still on board that we are going on RCCL's Adventure of the Seas during the kids Spring Break in April. It goes to from San Juan to Aruba, Curacao, St. Thomas and St. Marten! Only 4 months and counting!

Happy Holidays!

GoBlueGuy
12-13-2001, 10:55 AM
Way to go! (It wan't really that hard to set up was it?) The big thing I found about working at home, was there was always work I could be doing. I found that I spent MORE time working, and less time with the family! Be careful that you're not expected to do more work now that you have "more time available!"

Patty, when I first started consulting, I worked another "day" job too... For 18 monthes, right when we had our first baby. My wife never saw me. Sometimes your are worse than your boss!

JMTCW

Gary

peagreenid
12-13-2001, 11:16 AM
You are right the LS stuff is much easier than Speaking Korean. I have a hard enough time with the English language. Got off work to More and More snow this morning. There has to be at least 3 more inches out there. DH is off working somewhere?? since it is my sleep day. Rough night at work.......ready to call it a night!

smiles Patty

peagreenid
12-13-2001, 11:27 AM
They got really popular, right after I bought mine when we had our house built. I wanted one then, but Guy said nope, they can't be that much better and told me that I had to wait for a new one. Well they bought the Neptune for the Firestation. And DH fell in love with it. Now I don't have to wait for mine to wear out. We have also looked at the new Kenmore. WOW! You can buy a storage compartment to put under it and it puts the machine at waist level. Nice for folks who are tired of bending over......:D

waiting to see if they will come down in price a little.

well time to go to bed. All done shoveling my snow.

smiles Patty

by the way........we will BE on that Boat!!!

Tiiiigergirl
12-13-2001, 07:15 PM
Actually Gary I get the best of both worlds. I am not my own boss. I only put in 40 hours a week unless OT is approved which used to never be. However, unemployment has gotten so high that we are working more and more. This still means though that the most I'm working is a 50 hour week.

papa
12-14-2001, 12:01 PM
Well boys and girls another day closer to our cruise. Hoping that they announce fall fantasy rates again for 2002. Any break on the price would be welcome.

GoofyDisney
12-18-2001, 11:58 AM
Howdy gang! What are you up to? Me? I have been sick...sick, sick, sick. That whole head cold, sneezy, runny nose, coughing, not sleeping, taking naps every day, losing voice, coughing some more.....Aren't ya'll so glad I am posting? Just be glad you cant catch the crud through the puter.

I am on the serious up swing from all of this, but hadn't been on the computer, hadn't called friends, missed out on church and some Christmas parties.

And we leave for San Diego on THursday! Seems DD may be coming down with it now. UUGGHH

I am SUPER excited about CA though!!! I can hardly wait!!! We had our Christmas here, and we packed on Saturday. Just waiting for our documents to arrive ! :)

Anyway, DH and I didn't exchange presents this year. We really wanted to save our money for Disneyland. However, I keep waiting for him to "pop" our 9/28 confirmation page on me. Nothing so far! Will keep you posted.

Tiggergirl, SO glad to see you are set up at home. I am sure that is so much better for you!!!!

Front loader? I thought ya'll were talking about a Caterpillar. Hmmm.

DCL - sounds like the RCCL was GREAT! Woohoo!

GBG - do we get to make guesses as to what your "day job" was? Snorkel instructor, professional stalker, salesman at the lego store...

Okay, I want to wish you all the very Merriest Christmas!!! Have a Happy, Joyful New Years Eve! I hope your holidays are safe and spent with family and friends and more love and hope than you can handle!

Love to all
Karen

GoBlueGuy
12-18-2001, 12:43 PM
Goofy: Is a Cat. the only kinda front loader in Texas? Ha, Ha, we haven't gotten ANY (not even a flurry) snow here yet! We're taking a BIG road trip this X-Mas. Going to Phoenix to spend a few days with MIL, then on to Vegas for a few days to meet with our ex-neighboors who live in LA, then probably on to FL to spend a few days with the parents. Looks like we'll be putting a few miles on the van! BTW my day job was the same as my moonlighting job, writing software. If you drive a Ford (which I NEVER WOULD!), I probably wrote the software that tested your engine computer. (Depends on how old it is, I hope they're using something different by now!)

Tiiiigergirl: Do you really find you're putting in only 40 hours a week? I found it was hard to firgure out when to stop.

Peagreen: DW got her front loader when our 3YO Whirlpool broke for the fourth time, and she threatened to make ME do the laundry!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Gary

lynetteSC
12-18-2001, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by GoBlueGuy

Peagreen: DW got her front loader when our 3YO Whirlpool broke for the fourth time, and she threatened to make ME do the laundry!

Gary~ what is wrong with DH's doing laundry??? LOLOLOLOL!!! Be careful on your roadtrip ... hope your dd isn't sick this time! :) Have a VERY Merry Christmas! I miss all our daily teasing from 9/29 thread!!!
Oh, LOL our DCL rep was at our company Christmas party and she DIDNOT get u/g to cat 4 (she just got off Magic Saturday).... so, I guess I must be SPECIAL ls??????

Have MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!!!!

GoBlueGuy
12-18-2001, 01:48 PM
I know you'll laugh, but I really don't get laundry. When DW travels without me (twice so far!), we pretty much make sure I have enough clean clothes! I just don't understand the complexities of cold/warm/hot water, which colors can go with which. I fanything ever happen to DW, you'd either be able to recognize me by smell, or I'd be broke!

That's why DW is a "Domestic Goddess." I'm simply in awe (REALLY!) by all she does/puts up with. That's not a job I would/could do for any amount of money!

I'm not suprised that your DCL rep didn't get an upgrade! With all these "NEW LS's" out there, I'm suprised they can fit us "regular" folk on the ship!

Looks like I'll have to stalk/tease from afar this cruise!

Gary

Tiiiigergirl
12-18-2001, 08:14 PM
Gary: I really do only put in the forty hours. I sort of draw the line at donating time to my employer. And actually I could get fired if I did it. That's the one thing about working for the state. They actually care about the labor laws and they don't want to pay OT so they don't want me working it. Besides I want to spend time with my family.

Karen I hope you have an awesome time. Let me know how it is since we are going down there in April I think. We promised Brando and now we are regretting it since War and I would both rather do DW again. Oh well I can't break my promise.

Hope everyone has a great holiday.

peagreenid
12-19-2001, 02:18 AM
You are going to run off to the Candy Cane and leave me here with YOUR darn cold. I feel lousier by the minute. I do hope that you are up to snuff when you go....oh and don't forget to pack jackets... It does get a little nippy there. Have a merry Christmas!!!

GBG............what is a FANYTHING? (my curiousity has gotten the best of me)
I fanything ever happen to DW, you'd either be able to recognize me by smell, or I'd be broke!
And see, I may not have to learn Korean afterall!

Well and for the rest of you.........I have missed you. I haven't had time to do anything and it shows. I did manage to wire my house for the second phone line and it actually works. We are down to just a christmas tree this year as far as decorations go. Time got away from me.

Take care everyone...........
smiles Patty

RellingTwin
12-19-2001, 07:00 AM
Patty...I fanything=If anything LOL LOL LOL!!:D :D :D

GoBlueGuy
12-19-2001, 08:01 AM
Give me a break!;) It's my brain working faster than my fingers!:D

See, God gives colds to mean people!;)

(Sorry your feeling bad!)

Gary

papa
12-20-2001, 08:57 AM
Hello wild bunch. Sorry that I haven't been on lately, but just so much to do. GBG I have been helping do the laundry with DW for almost 30 years. Since I was medically retired last year due to back surgery, I have taken over running of the household for DW. Do all of the cooking,cleaning,laundry and such. Have to make sure DW gets to work on time:D

We need a vacation! Is the cruise tomorrrow? Guess not, hoping that I would have a senior moment and it would be september already:D

Merry christmas and happy holidays to all of our extended dis family and friends here on the board. Mike

GoBlueGuy
12-20-2001, 09:13 AM
I like cooking, and don't mind cleaning the Kitchen. I KNOW how to vacuum, and I suppose I could dust.... But Laundry is simply above me!

You have you cottons, your perma-press, your colors that bleed.... Hot water, warm water, cold water, this shrinks, that bleeds,... It's too much for me to keep straight! I'll do almost anything (except change diapers) instead of laundry.

Actually, that is another "understanding" we have. I do "blood and guts" (wife can't stand sight of blood), and she does, ahem, "Bodily Waste/Fluids."

Hey 9/29 'ers! Our LEGO team got a second place trophy for "Team Spirit!" We didn't do so well performance wise, I think we were 40 out of 60, but the kids had a GREAT time, and are looking forward to doing it again next year! DW has already decided to coach next year. I'm filing for divorce on Monday!

Gary

papa
12-20-2001, 11:49 PM
Hey Patty
Guess that you have had guy busy shoveling snow. The one thing about living in the south is that we don't have to do that very often.
Kathy is working tonight in the NICU, neonatal intensive care unit, where she has worked for the last 18 years. We had left overs tonight.

Merry Christmas to you and all of the rest of the bunch in case we don't talk to you before then.

KSTIGGERSDAD
12-21-2001, 01:22 AM
I`M STILL LOOKING AND LURKING.
HAVE TO LOOK IN EVERY SO OFTEN.
READY FOR CHRISTMAS. HAVE HAD MORE THAN ENOUGH CHRISTMAS PARTYING. LAST ONE IS TOMORROW. STILL NO SNOW. THEY SAY WE MAY GET SOME OVER THE WEEK-END. I CAN DO WITHOUT IT. LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME IT WAS 20 FOR THE HIGH AND 8 FOR THE LOW. THIS YEAR WE HAVE HAD 50 DEGREE HI`S AND 20`S FOR LOWS. MUCH BETTER.
STILL LOOKING FOR BARGAINS. MY PERSONAL TA SAYS THERE ARE SOME GOODIES OUT THERE. AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR WE WILL GET SERIOUS.THINKING OF THE CARNIVAL PRIDE. IT IS BRAND NEW. FIRST SAILING IS NEXT MONTH.

JUST WANTED TO SAY HI TO ALL THE 9/29ERS. HAVE A GOOD HOLIDAY SEASON. STAY SAFE. JOHN

papa
12-25-2001, 06:49 PM
Sorry that I haven't posted in several days, but I have been a little bit on the busy side. Santa brought me a new digital camera for Christmas. It is a sony DSC-F707, 5 megapixel and it takes great pictures. It will make a nice edition for the upcoming cruise along with my minolta maxxum 7 that I have.

Kathy is working tonight and so is my son. No holidays for the nurses and hotel managers I guess. Hope that everyone had a nice Christmas and we wish you all the best for the new year.

crusin'mama
12-25-2001, 09:38 PM
Please add us on-me,dh and dd 10.Right now I have a nav.veranda booked though that was what we where in last time but we where in a aft metal veranda, now that I know the difference.Thinking about changing to a reg.plexiglass veranda,if I do,what deck/cabin number would you suggest??Thanks!!Can't wait to meet you all there!!:pinkbounc :bounce: :p :D

papa
12-25-2001, 10:06 PM
Welcome aboard cruisn'mama please go to the cruise list on the first page and go to the new and improved cruise list and add your names there. Looking forward to meeting you on our cruise. DW and I perfer midships and we love the plexiglass verandahs. I think that they are cat 6 or 5 cabins.

Tiiiigergirl
12-27-2001, 06:40 PM
Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Patty we were a little closer to being up your way. Didn't quite make it all the way to Boise though, stopped in Twin. I hate to break it to ya, but if you don't have any more snow than Twin, you don't have much snow at all. At least compared to us. We have been buried. Everyone has been hoping for lots of snow for the Olympics and it looks like they are going to get it. I for one am sick of the Olympics and they haven't even started yet. I guess it doesn't help that we live less than a mile from one of the venues and I'm dreading the traffic. Just getting Brandon to and from school is going to be hard. Oh, well I'll just have to mentally escape in my next vacation.

Anyone know when Goofy gets back from California?

GoofyDisney
12-28-2001, 10:16 PM
I'm back, I'm back, I'm back!!!!!! What a great trip! Here is my trip report...

http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=140306

I hope ya'll had a wonderful Christmas and will have a fun New Year!

Anyone else going to see Beauty & Beast Imax next week? We are!

Love to you all!!!!!
Karen

(P.S. 9/28 confirmation was not in stocking...hmmm. Maybe DH is waiting for V-day!)

KellyR
12-29-2001, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone!! Welcome Cruisin'Mama!

GoofyKaren, Mom and CJ just left San Diego and are now in Las Vegas for a couple days. I'll let you know how it went later.
Nick and I are going to visit shellofclearh2o (Michelle) next week. We will be going to Beauty and the Beast on IMAX! Also, she has tickets for us to see the circus.
Still haven't received the copyright release for Nick's picture. :(
Don't know what's up with that. I guess the holiday season took the guy (Ron) from his job. Anyway, if I ever get it copied I will send to our DIS gang. I've added pics I received to our cruise album. I DIDN'T GET A PIC FROM TIIIIGERGIRL! But, that's okay. We have several from our dinners. Can't wait to go again!

Take care, everyone! Enjoy the new year!