PDA

View Full Version : Skyauction question

DISFANSHAN
04-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Can I check in a day later than the listed check in date on the auction?
The auction I am watching is for 11/24 for 7 nights. I would want to check in on 11/25, and stay 6 nights, which would keep my check out date 12/1, which is what it should be for the 7 night stay.

A Mickeyfan
04-15-2006, 04:13 PM
I do not think so. I know you can leave early (but will not get any type of refund) but as far as check in, I want to say no. Why don't you call the resort that you are going to & ask them directly. It isn't up to Skyauction once the resort is won. It is strictly thru you & the resort.

lawgs
04-15-2006, 04:53 PM
if you call the place where you will be staying and say that you will be delayed a day, it should not make much difference

you win the "week" time period, you are just not using it the full 7 nights

riu girl
04-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hyjack, but what about checking in a FEW days late?

has anyone ever done this?

We are considering a cruise that arrives back in Florida on a Tuesday and then we would like a 7 night Skyauction home and away getaway (until the following Saturday). This would work out less expensive then booking a hotel room with a kitchen for those nights (tues - Sat) we require??

spiceycat
04-15-2006, 08:15 PM
does not matter....if it is one or a few days...

call the resort so they won't think you are 'no show'. and rerent your room...

just be sure to call the resort a few days before you are due to arrive.

please call....it does not matter that you have pay in advance...

if the resort thinks that you aren't coming they can legally rerent your villa.

also some places only have checkin on certain days - fri,sat or sun....be sure you don't get one of these. (it will say in the ad if there are only a few days to check in)

jessiesue
04-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Yes, I have done it before and didn't have a problem. Like Spiceycat said, just make sure you call the resort a few days early to let them know.

DISFANSHAN
04-15-2006, 08:58 PM
Thanks guys. I will call the resort (Vistana) on Monday to ask, and will post here when I get an answer! :disrocks:

DISFANSHAN
04-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I called Vistana and they said I could check in a day later, as long as I notified them in advance so they could hold the room for me.
And, I won my auction with Skyauction!!!!!! $400 for 7 (really 6) nights in a 2 BR, (plus taxes). !!!!!!!!!