PDA

View Full Version : shipping bottled water to the resort

Vickie46
04-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Has anyone done this?? Someone on another thread posted to ship from STaples.. its around 6.50 or so a case for 24 and free shipping with rewards card! This is awesome!

Thanks to the orginal poster.. I just wanted to post on budget board!!! This saves a ton... I think water is like 2.50-3.00 in the parks!

Vickie

andychris14
04-15-2006, 02:25 PM
we did this last year and it was great. Go check it out on the staples website/.

i like stitch
04-15-2006, 02:41 PM
We ordered 2 cases of water from Staples, with free shipping. It was waiting for us at the front desk when we checked in that night!

englishteacha
04-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Very cool! We're staying off site this trip with a car, but that's great information!! I'm a big water drinker, and I'm always bummed when tap water tastes bad.

Trixiezzz
04-15-2006, 03:21 PM
I was the OP on one of the threads from last year about shipping water from Staples.

Unfortunately, I don't see any bottled water available on Staples.com right now! I don't know if they've discontinued it or are just out. :confused3

calypso*a*go-go
04-15-2006, 10:54 PM
We did this too and also ordered French Vanilla coffee creamer and a big tub of pretzels that we snacked on throughout the week. All of it arrived on time and in excellent condition.

calypso*a*go-go
04-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Unfortunately, I don't see any bottled water available on Staples.com right now! I don't know if they've discontinued it or are just out. :confused3

I just went to their website and did a search for "water". There were eight different options including flavored sparkling water.

KimRaye
04-15-2006, 11:03 PM
How do you know when to order? Obviously, I can't schedule a delivery for June now. How far in advance do you order, and how do you fill out the delivery portion of checkout?

TIA :thumbsup2

CookieGVB
04-15-2006, 11:32 PM
You can actually earn rewards points through Freeride, too (if anyone is still doing that program besides me).

As far as ordering, I'd order about 10 days before, and include my checkin date next to my name, so the people at WDW know what to do with your package.

What a great idea - I wonder if I can do this for my son's band trip, or will they murder me for bringing up this idea? ;)

buckler
04-16-2006, 12:01 AM
You can earn 2% in rewards if you order from Staples through Upromise or Ebates. I do both programs but I prefer Ebates because they mail out checks automatically every quarter. If you are new to Ebates you can get a $5 bonus with your first order and $5 for future referrals.

Hey, that comes out to a pretty good deal on the water! $6.50 - $5 ebates bonus, even with tax it should be less than $2 for the case of 24 bottles shipped.

happypooh
04-16-2006, 12:10 AM
Which bottled water have people ordered from staples? Any favorites?? I looked at the site and have not tried most of the ones listed....

Trixiezzz
04-16-2006, 12:20 AM
I just went to their website and did a search for "water". There were eight different options including flavored sparkling water.

Well, now I see what I did wrong... I entered my own zip code and it must be that the water's not available here?!? But glad to know it's still available for Disney!!

We ordered 2 cases sent to Pop Century last year and when we checked in they were waiting for us! It really is a good deal.

ALSO~ be sure to click through to Staples from QuickRewards and you'll earn some Disney Dollars for ordering your water! :thumbsup2

KimRaye
04-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Which bottled water have people ordered from staples? Any favorites??While I have never ordered from Staples for water, I would get Ice Mountain myself. It's the closest to tap water in Chicago and, supposedly, Chicago has EXCELLENT tap water. It must, I drink it in large quantities EVERY day! :drinking: :thumbsup2 I think I may have come across Poland Springs water also, but don't be confused, the water does NOT come from Poland! ;)

Great deal! Thanks for sharing everyone! :goodvibes

Vickie46
04-17-2006, 08:32 AM
can anyone tell me more about ebates

Shagley
04-17-2006, 09:09 PM
I think that the brand of water that you can order varies from region to region. The website lists Poland Springs, Ice Mountain, etc. but I think it will only allow you to order the brand that is available in the region you are having it sent to.

Vickie46
04-17-2006, 10:28 PM
what is the zip at Disney? Like CBR if anyone knows?

KimRaye
04-17-2006, 10:37 PM
what is the zip at Disney? Like CBR if anyone knows?CBR (thanks to safetymom) :thumbsup2
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(for priority shipping)

Mailing Address:
Post Office Box 10,000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
(for United States Postal Service deliveries)

Vickie46
04-18-2006, 08:45 AM
woudln't I use the street address since its water? I want to ship the cheapest is the only reason I ask?

thank you so much for the info!!! Thanks to safetymom too!

KimRaye
04-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Yes, use this address:

900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

jadyson
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
What do I need to do to get free shipping? I went through ebates and came up with $7.95 for shipping two cases of water.

deltachi8
04-18-2006, 12:39 PM
i still like my Britta, but its a good idea to have it shipped.

Vickie46
04-18-2006, 01:30 PM

happypooh
04-19-2006, 08:33 PM
I too do not seem to be able to get the shipping free. What am I doing wrong? I've signed up for the rewards card and have the number but I don't see where I can tell staples the number except when I log in and so they do seem to have a number but still don't give me free shipping! I'm trying to ship to vero beach. Do people do the driver release form?? Help fast - I need water by sunday!

CookieGVB
04-19-2006, 10:59 PM
I kept getting charged for shipping, too, even though I'd signed up for the Rewards Card. I did see that free shipping is supposed to be one of the perks, though.

buckler
04-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Sometimes it takes a while after a rewards account is set up for the free shipping to work. In the meantime you have two options:

1) Place your order over the phone and the rep will handle removing the shipping charge. You will not get rewards through any online rewards sites like Ebates etc. doing it this way.

2) If you want to place the order online in order to get rewards through one of the programs like Ebates, get your order ready right up until the point of final submission. Then call Staples and explain the free shipping is not showing up. Ask the rep if you place the order online and then give them the order number if they can manually remove the shipping charge after the order is placed. If they agree, hit submit on the order and then give them the info to have the shipping charge removed.

lauralana9
04-21-2006, 02:45 AM
Anyone know the address to All Stars Music?

buckler
04-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Anyone know the address to All Stars Music?

According to my online searches it is:
1801 West Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

jenr812
04-21-2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the tip :)

Joyful19
04-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Could you tell me the Zip code for WDW? I am Canadian but I would love to order my water.

keishashadow
04-21-2006, 01:06 PM
I must be doing something (repeatedly) wrong...

Before each trip I've tried to have the water shipped (using rewards #) and it's always showing out of stock!

Will try again closer to June date but, very frustrating.

Franne
04-21-2006, 01:19 PM
I always get charged shipping and I have a rewards card. All you do is call them after you place your order and they take off the charge. It's a pain in the neck and I complain about it everytime but they never fix it. So, if you are getting charged shipping, just give them a call.
Franne

keishashadow
04-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Perhaps the key to success is calling an operator:confused3 .

mickeyluv'r
04-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Also, it is a good idea to call the hotel directly, and ask them what the proper address is. They might also request that you label the package a certain way. We ordered water from Staples in March. It worked out well. I also used a combo of online and calling to have the shipping charges removed. Simply calling the Orlando Staples didn't work.

When I spoke tot he operator for STaples, she told me how long it would take to get there. I think it was maybe the second business day from when I ordered it (ordered on Saturday, it was there by early Tuesday afternoon when we checked in to our room.) Disney was really nice about it too.

Vickie46
04-22-2006, 04:10 PM
thanks for telling us about your experience.. that is what I really wanted hear.. no problems.. we are going to stay at CBR I hope we have the same experience! :)

Vickie46
05-07-2006, 07:12 AM
How many days would you order before you arrive at the resort? I just want to make sure its there when we get there... would you do it maybe 5 days before?

CookieGVB
05-13-2006, 10:54 PM
Just an FYI - I ordered water to be sent to our hotel, and found out that you get free shipping AFTER your first order. I did receive a coupon for $5 off $5 - so that helped. But shipping was $7.95 for two cases of water. We arrive this Friday - supposedly the water will get to spend a day or two at the hotel before we do. :)

Vickie46
05-14-2006, 06:22 AM
hi.. just wanted to let you know.. that I received free shipping on my first order.. my total was 5.95 with tax for a case of the Nestle water.. and I called my hotel and its there.. it was delivered the very next day! Now that is service!

I would call back to Staples and get the delivery fee taken off... someone I guess didn't know its free!

fallon
06-08-2006, 03:26 AM
Just subscribing

Harvest02
06-08-2006, 08:13 AM
I just ordered water from Staples for our trip. We leave tomorrow!!! Anyway, I am glad there was a post on this because I am a rewards member also, and did not receive the free shipping either when I ordered online. This morning, I called the Staples 800 number, and the lady I spoke with was very nice and she is going to credit my CC for the shipping charge. So, two cases of water for $6.00!!!(I had a $5.00 coupon also). Only 14 cents a bottle! Sure beats paying $2.50 a bottle at the parks!!! So, give Staples a call and they should give you the credit! :cheer2:

lsg1
06-08-2006, 09:07 AM
I just ordered water from Staples for our trip. We leave tomorrow!!! Anyway, I am glad there was a post on this because I am a rewards member also, and did not receive the free shipping either when I ordered online. This morning, I called the Staples 800 number, and the lady I spoke with was very nice and she is going to credit my CC for the shipping charge. So, two cases of water for $6.00!!!(I had a $5.00 coupon also). Only 14 cents a bottle! Sure beats paying $2.50 a bottle at the parks!!! So, give Staples a call and they should give you the credit! :cheer2:

I signed into Staples.com just to test it out, and it gave me free shipping. You have to make sure you sign in, and register your rewards card. It also said there was a 7 day delivery time, so check before your trip to see if you need the extra time.
Where did you get a $5 coupon?

Harvest02
06-08-2006, 10:21 AM
In response to ing1, I got the $5 coupon in the mail with my Staples reward card. Nice, huh? I don't know why the shipping didn't come off for me since I did sign in with my Staples number. But, at least I got it taken care of anyway. Just had to make a phone call, but no big deal! My waters arrived at the resort yesterday(I think it took only 2 days to get there). So, should be waiting for us when we get there tomorrow afternoon! Woo HOO!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

disneydaisyndonald
06-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Just did online ordering and the shipping was charged. Called Staples 1-800 & she credited my card while I was online.... Water is going to be delivered tomorrow... :cool1: leaving at 6am

KimRaye
06-08-2006, 10:16 PM
tomorrow... :cool1: leaving at 6amSo are WE!!! See ya there! ;) :thumbsup2

Pixiedust34
06-09-2006, 04:52 AM
If you order the water, should you do so about 2 business days before you arrive at your resort?

Will the water be waiting for you at bell services at arrival? Will bell services be able to deliver it to your room? It would kill my back to schlep a case of water if we have a room that is far from Classic Hall at Pop Century.

Thanks!

aclov
06-09-2006, 10:41 AM
I had a case of water shipped to the Boardwalk last month with no problems at all. I did have to call the front desk to see if it had arrived and they delivered it immediately. I signed up for the rewards card so got the free shipping than they sent a $5 coupon with the card in the mail on anything over $5 so my case of Nestle water came out to .63! My two friends who I was traveling with couldn't believe it. I told the rep on the phone I wanted it there the day before I arrived to make sure it got there on time. Definately cheaper than paying $2.50 a bottle.

Vickie46
06-09-2006, 02:50 PM
we didn't have any problems either and we will for sure do this again!!!

We stayed at CBR and we forgot about our water at check in... well we went on to the parks and when we got back my husband thought he was going to have to take the internal bus to go get our water.. instead ... our water was already in our room!!! That was so so nice! One thing about staying at CBR is those busses.... I don't like having to stop 7 times before getting anywhere.... but other than that.. it was great! We were in the preferred section... which was great for the pool and food court but we were the last dropped off at night! So... either way standard or preferred they both have perks!!!

keishashadow
06-09-2006, 03:45 PM
I signed into Staples.com just to test it out, and it gave me free shipping. You have to make sure you sign in, and register your rewards card. It also said there was a 7 day delivery time, so check before your trip to see if you need the extra time.
Where did you get a $5 coupon?
I used your estimate of 7 day delivery...ordered 1 case to Sheraton Vistana (arrive Saturday 6/17) & 1 case to BWV (arrive Tues. 6/20).

Unfortunately, the confirmation indicated that they would be received today!!!!

That is some quick shipping.:guilty:

I called customer service & tried to delay the shipping period but, no luck. Will be surprised if both cases are stil there over a week later when we arrive...oh well, live & learn.

I was just happy that I was finally able to order (Deer Park). Was only able to use 1 of the $5 reward coupons even though DH & I have sep accounts.?

raammartin
10-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Does anyone know the address for Coronado Springs Resort? We are going to *hopefully* ship water for our trip in November. :)

Crazy4Disney72
10-22-2006, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know the address for Coronado Springs Resort? We are going to *hopefully* ship water for our trip in November. :)

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
1001 West Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Nynaeve
10-22-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm going to order some for our trip in a few days! :cool1:
Can anyone tell me the address for Saratoga Springs? I just want to make sure it's right. Thanks! :)

mickeyluv'r
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
To get the address of any Disney resort - go to the "resorts" link at the top of the page and click on the resort you want. If you still aren't sure, you can also confirm by calling the resort itself. You can get the number by calling the number listed at the above link.

Make sure when you get something delivered, to have the sender clearly mark your name on it.