PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Dining Plan you can bu if Not staying at Disney Hotel?

vhoffman
04-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Our next trip is less than two weeks away :Pinkbounc :yay:

We are staying offsite, at a condo. I was wondering if there is some sort of dining plan one can purchase if not staying onsite?

Also, if you have a AAA card, do you get any type of dining discounts while at WDW? Also, is there some sort of parking deal you get with AAA?

One of the reasons we have the condo is to save on eating, however, I certainly don't plan to cook every meal! We plan mainly to have breakfast in the condo, as much to save time as money. Then late night snacks at the condo. During the day, we're out of there! :banana:

I've already booked ps for dinner each night we're there, and we plan to buy whatever snacks we want while there. Like I said, I'm certainly not running back to the condo to cook a meal when we're at Disney! Last trip, I sat near some people at the MGM car parade who did exactly that. It appeared to be several children and two older women -- think they were Grandmas or Aunts, ......whatever. The kids were excitedly watching the parade, but the Grandmas barely payed any attention to it. They were endlessly discussing some chicken breasts they'd found on sale and when and how to cook them. They actually were planning their departure time from MGM so they could get back and cook those things! I felt soooooooooooo sorry for the kids when they asked about Fantasmic and were told that was it for the day, Grandmas had to get back to cook the chicken breasts! I could just imagine the joy of it all, sitting there eating chicken with Grandma when Disneyworld was almost outside your door! :lmao: Poor kids -- sure hope the chicken breasts were good!

pezpam
04-15-2006, 01:45 PM
If you have an annual pass, you can buy a Disney Dining Experience (DDE) card which will get you 20% off the total bill for you and your party (up to 10 people) at a lot of WDW restaurants. Once you have the AP, you can order the DDE card for $60 and pick it up late the same day at EPCOT.

You won't be able to do the DDP since it has to be part of a package that includes tickets and an on-site hotel. (You can do DDP if you're going DVC, too.)

Disney_Freak56
04-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Parking with AAA --

Having a AAA card won't get you free parking. If you bought your tickets through AAA, your local office may have given you a preferred parking pass. At certain Parks, it will allow you to park closer -- Epcot, MGM, AK, but not really a great deal at MK because you will have to walk quite a distance to either take the monorail or the river boat.

Unfortunately, there are no discounts with dining at WDW with a AAA membership either. There used to be discounts at Universal, but since we haven't been to USF in years, I couldn't tell you if those are still available or not.

Hope you have a great trip!