PDA

View Full Version : Quality Suites Maingate East

mickeymom629
04-15-2006, 10:52 AM
We just got back from our WDW trip, and I just wanted to say that the first night (Sat. 4/8) we stayed at Quality Suites Maingate East before checking into OKW on Sunday. I was somewhat skeptical after reading mixed reviews, but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised! We checked in a little after 4 (check in at 4) and our room was not quite ready, but less than 15 minutes later, it was. We strolled around while waiting. Mardi Gras theme and Disney stuff around and in the gift shop. Two people in lobby at a desk waiting to help anyone who still needs tickets and maps to theme parks, etc.

The room was clean and the four kids slept on the 2 double beds. DH and I slept on the sofa bed (couldn't really have done more than one night on that). There was a bathroom and kitchenette separating us from the kids' room. There were people talking outside in the pool area while we were trying to sleep, but the airconditioner made so much noise when it turned on that we didn't hear them - you know how hotel airconditioners sound.

At 5:00-7:00 there was complimentary beer, wine and soda at the pool bar. Can't beat that! We had no plans for dinner, so we called the Dominos # on the room key and it was delivered promptly to our room. I saw other people bringing their pizza to the tables by the pool bar. The next morning, I made myself coffee in the room while my family went to get the complimentary breakfast. There were pastries, waffles, pancakes, English muffins (no bagels). I don't know what else because I didn't go.

Anyway, for one night, for a family of 6, it was great! I would have preferred to stay right on Disney property, but we would have needed 2 rooms and we would have spent more money on food.

So, I thought I'd pass on my review for anyone interested.

kidsister
04-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Funny that this same motel just came up while I was looking for a Fri, Sat cheapie before checking into BWV.
Thanks for the promising 'report'.

LolaNY
04-15-2006, 02:40 PM
I stayed at this hotel the first week in March - me, DH, DS (6) and DD (2). We loved it - got a GREAT deal on a 2-bedroom suite.

I give it a positive review and definitely recommend it. It's soooo close to Disney and lots of shops, supermarket, restaurants, etc. Very convenient.

- Arlene