PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding Double Stroller

diskat
04-15-2006, 09:16 AM
We are going to WDW this summer and I need a Double stroller for my grandchildren. Can anyone recommend a good one. They weight 30+ and 40+ lbs. I have seen the Jeep side by side but the seats don't look very long. Anybody with any help it will be greatly apppreciated. :wave:

babiesX2
04-15-2006, 10:03 AM
My advice is to go to a store that has a big selection of strollers and test drive them. Put the kids in and see how much room they have. See if you like the size of the basket underneath. Push it around the store. See how tight of an area it will go through.

We have 2 strollers. Our front to back is a Graco DuoGlider (Consumer Reports best buy recommendation) and our side by side is a Graco DuoRider (see pic on left). The DuoRider is a favorite because it is 30" wide (the same as a wheelchair) so it easy to use most places. I like the Rider because my twins can play with each other. We bought our DuoGlider for 75% off at Sears because the fabric pattern was discontinued! :banana: I ordered my DuoRider from www.babyage.com . I like baby age because they have the lowest prices and flat rate $5.95 shipping.

HayGan
04-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Honestly, I would recommend getting one second hand if it is just for your trip. Check your local thrift stores or children's retail shops. Also check Craiglist.com for your local area (if your area is covered) to see if any private individuals are selling theirs.

I had a Graco DuoGlider for 4 years and I loved it! We took it to WDW in December and it was great to have. We decided that the kids are capable of walking this year so no more worrying about finding our stroller or covering it in the rain. I just sold mine on craigslist this week for $40.

diskat
04-15-2006, 11:17 AM
I have looked in our area and nearby and haven't found anybody that carries the double strollers. Thats why I was trying to get info here. I am going to keep looking for awhile yet. Thanks for all your help I :Pinkbounc greatly apppreiciate it.

HayGan
04-15-2006, 11:46 AM
Target and Walmart both carry them. Ebay is also an option!

jennifer293
04-15-2006, 03:00 PM
My advice is to go to a store that has a big selection of strollers and test drive them. Put the kids in and see how much room they have. See if you like the size of the basket underneath. Push it around the store. See how tight of an area it will go through.

We have 2 strollers. Our front to back is a Graco DuoGlider (Consumer Reports best buy recommendation) and our side by side is a Graco DuoRider (see pic on left). The DuoRider is a favorite because it is 30" wide (the same as a wheelchair) so it easy to use most places. I like the Rider because my twins can play with each other. We bought our DuoGlider for 75% off at Sears because the fabric pattern was discontinued! :banana: I ordered my DuoRider from www.babyage.com . I like baby age because they have the lowest prices and flat rate $5.95 shipping.

I got that same exact stroller off ebay last year for our Disney trip for 35.00...WOOHOO!!! We plan to use it one more time for this trip and then it has to go because our oldest DD is getting too big for it. I LOVE IT!!!!

It is a booger to break down at first but once you get familiar with it you can have it all down in a few seconds. DH became a pro getting on and off the buses at Disney last year..LOL

I recommend looking on Ebay and go to fatfingers.com and type what you are looking for because a lot of people spell stuff wrong and you can get it really cheap.

diskat
04-15-2006, 04:21 PM
I am really wondering about the size of theses. My GC are small and the 5yr old hates to walk and I couldn't begin to carry him because of my back. We will probably drive to the parks so not real concerned about the buses. As I said I have looked in the stores and can't find any double strollers to actually look at. Maybe if I can make a trip to a bigger city they would have some. I will check out all your suggestions and thanks for all the help. :wave:

LisaNJ25
04-15-2006, 06:00 PM
I am really wondering about the size of theses. My GC are small and the 5yr old hates to walk and I couldn't begin to carry him because of my back. We will probably drive to the parks so not real concerned about the buses. As I said I have looked in the stores and can't find any double strollers to actually look at. Maybe if I can make a trip to a bigger city they would have some. I will check out all your suggestions and thanks for all the help. :wave:

I have this one and love it:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000176TRK/qid=1145139019/sr=2-2/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_2/103-9844559-9511808?v=glance&s=baby

It does come with the carseat which I know you dont need. I just wanted to post it incase you found it second hand ;)