PDA

View Full Version : Is everybody receiving their freebies?

minnie29uk
04-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Hi All,
I know I was going to arrive for my vacation on Thur 13th April.So 6 - 8 weeks ago,I started ordering all these great freebies from here.I thought it would be great not to have to bring along any toiletries or many cleaning products for the home.
So can you imagine how gutted I was this morniong when I went to my postbox and nothing-the only thing was my box of stixx!!
Can you believe it!?
I must of sent off for 30 items since I started reading these threads.
I shall be ringing the local post office tomorrow - to see if they have an answer!!

So so disappointed,
Lynn

buzzlady
04-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Most freebies take a long time to receive. I order them and then forget about them. If they come, great, if not, I don't even remember that I ordered them. :teeth:

tlynk
04-14-2006, 06:47 PM
I've noticed that when I sign up for freebies- it sometimes takes weeks to get them. Some freebies take so long that I forgot I requested them. :cool1:

disneychrista
04-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Don't bother your PO, they can't control if the company sent them to you or not. Expect to get about 50% or less of what you requiest and expect it to take 10 - 12 weeks for many of them.

Order then and forget about it. If they come great if not, are you really out more then a few seconds of your time??

vanyel
04-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Some companies are really reputable - I always get dove, fructis, degree, purina - usually fairly quickly.

Others, especially the small business, tend to either take a long time or never come.

Like the others said, don't expect to get everything you requested, and have fun with what you do get.

MyGoofy26
04-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Like people have already mentioned. . . they're not always guaranteed to show and if they do it's not unusual for them to take a couple months. The big companies you can usually count on, but when you get the smaller companies keep in mind that the freebie links are being posted on multiple boards and sites and thousands of people are requesting them so a lot of times these small companies simply run out or can't afford to send out all the samples.

we3disneygo
04-15-2006, 05:30 AM
:thumbsup2 they usually come it just takes time! :cheer2:

iNTeNSeBLue98
04-15-2006, 05:58 AM
I pick up freebies I find on another forum and keep a list of what I request, the date requested, how long it takes to ship and the date I receive it. Last year I had a list almost a full page long in MS Word. At the start of this year I deleted off some of the things I'd received and left the ones I was still waiting to get. Just last week I started reading those boards again and requested new freebies. I cleared off the rest of the old requests figuring by this time I wasn't going to see them. Within the week I received two more samples that I must have requested in October or November of last year. I don't rely on receiving what I request, but it is exciting when they arrive.

pearlieq
04-15-2006, 08:37 AM
I just got my first free issue of Shape. I honestly wasn't expecting that one to come, so I was thrilled!

I don't ever count on freebies and samples. If I get them, that's great, but if not, I don't get that worked up about it. After all, it was free!

mom2cookies
04-15-2006, 08:44 AM
received my first freebie. Dove night time facial lotion. worked good too. since turning 30 ( 35 next mo.) my face has gone desert on me. Told my DD the other day my face was going to blow up and dry away. meant to say dry up and blow away. but anyway it works.

nbodyhome
04-15-2006, 10:42 AM
First, I never pay much attention to what freebies I am going to get, so I'm never disappointed! I do get most of what I order, but because I'm very selective in what I order (I don't post freebies anymore here, it's too much of a hassle and a lot of what I saw in one freebie thread was junk). If you order from national companies - like the ones from Purina, I got something from Iams, from the Wal Mart freebies site, etc. - those mostly do come. Most magazines I order as freebies do come eventually (I still probably get 30 mags or more a month here).

I will rarely order from the smaller companies, or anything like hats, t-shirts, etc. etc. because those tend not to come, and the smaller companies don't have the resources to send out thousands and thousands of freebies. I would never post anything like that.

Freebies can take months to show up. I don't even pay attention, as I'd mentioned - I do know that the Wal Mart ones come very quickly. The Freebiz magazines come quickly most of the time (I just started getting Star Magazine for free, which I need like a hole in the head - but I like the pictures). Once you've been doing the freebies for a while, you are getting maybe a few or more a week (or a magazine a day in my case) and I don't even think about what I didn't get.

azgal81
04-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Order them and forget about them that way when you do get them you won't be expecting them. They can take a long time to get to me but I do end up with most of the ones I ordered!

ETA: I see you are in the UK maybe that has something to do with it. It might take longer for you to get them then the rest of us here in the states especially if you ordered from companies located here. Also, some of the freebie companies are US and canda only. Were the ones you signed up for international as well???

disneychrista
04-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Didn't even look to see where the OP was from. If you are ordering things from US companies, you may never see them. Look for things from UK companies, you might have better luck.

SRRN
04-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Why,then,do They Bother To Advertise Their Samples,if They're Not Going To Bother To Ship Them? That Just Dosen't Make Sense. It Really Dosen't Say Much For That Company's Reputation. ;) ;) ;)

flakypuff
04-17-2006, 12:52 PM
:confused3 they are FREE

MyGoofy26
04-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Why,then,do They Bother To Advertise Their Samples,if They're Not Going To Bother To Ship Them? That Just Dosen't Make Sense. It Really Dosen't Say Much For That Company's Reputation. ;) ;) ;)

I think it's completely understandable for the smaller companies and not necessarily a reflection on their reputation. They would base their samples on the number of visitors their site tends to get. So say a small company gets 100 hits per day, only a handful of those people would request a sample so they figure they can afford sending free samples. Let the sample leak to a few freebie boards and all of a sudden you have a couple thousand hits per day with the large majority of those people requesting samples. It can get extremely expensive - not only the cost of the freebie in question, but you have to consider postage as well plus the time you're paying your employees to package and mail the freebie.

disneychrista
04-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Freebies offered by small companies are expecting to get requests from the "customers." Now someone out looking specifically for free things, finds it posts it on one or more freebie sites and BAM!! the site is over run with requests.

There is no way you can expect them to honor all requests.

nbodyhome
04-17-2006, 01:36 PM

They don't expect to be overrun by tens of thousands of people looking just for a hand-out of an item, likely only a few who may even be interested in buying something.

It is unusual for me to order a sample from a small company. Besides the fact that they rarely come, I just don't want to cost a small company money if I likely will never order from them.

nbodyhome
04-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Oh - and I've found from what others have said on different freebie boards, t-shirts and such rarely come. That isn't the only thing that rarely comes. If you stick with name brand, large company items, that is when they usually do arrive. Anything else, I don't even look at most of the time (t-shirts, hats, pens, assorted junk, small companies and such).

With magazines, I just sign up with them through anyone - as they are still getting some sort of money for signing everyone up, I believe. The magazines are getting advertisers as well.

MyGoofy26
04-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh - and I've found from what others have said on different freebie boards, t-shirts and such rarely come. That isn't the only thing that rarely comes. If you stick with name brand, large company items, that is when they usually do arrive. Anything else, I don't even look at most of the time (t-shirts, hats, pens, assorted junk, small companies and such).

With magazines, I just sign up with them through anyone - as they are still getting some sort of money for signing everyone up, I believe. The magazines are getting advertisers as well.

Yeah, I just do the larger companies and magazines. The companies I've never heard of I don't really bother because A) I don't know how legit the company is (and there are a lot of "freebie" companies that just harvest info to sell - Quality Health I think is the name of one of the worst offenders) and B) I probably won't get the freebie anyways so I don't want to waste the time.

nbodyhome
04-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I just do the larger companies and magazines. The companies I've never heard of I don't really bother because A) I don't know how legit the company is (and there are a lot of "freebie" companies that just harvest info to sell - Quality Health I think is the name of one of the worst offenders) and B) I probably won't get the freebie anyways so I don't want to waste the time.

I use a P.O. Box and my maiden name and a throwaway type email address, I'm not as worried about harvesting names. But you are right, you have to be careful with your name (and what companies you deal with).

I don't deal with Quality Health, or anyone who wants a lot of info to get a freebie. I don't mind filling out a few questions, like when Dove or P&G and such ask a few questions about my hair type, etc. But when it's obviously harvesting a lot of info, I won't fill out the form.

I was surprised the other day, I almost didn't open an envelope - but it was from Noxema, saying that they were overwhelmed with responses, but offering me a free full-size coupon instread! That was really nice of them.

Tink215
04-20-2006, 12:45 PM
I was starting to worry to ..... But decided just to forget them and In one week I recieved them all including the free magazine!!! So dont worry it will come.....

minnie29uk
04-26-2006, 07:47 PM
All is forgiven!!!I got my popcorn today....delicious!!!!My 3 year old son said it was the most delicious popcorn he'd had,it is lovely.

I got 3 green tea teabags.
But thats the lot,nothing else...no Walmart gifts...oh well,Im at the villa for one more week...lets see if anything else arrives befor we leave!!!

Lynn

nbodyhome
04-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Today I went to the post office (I as there about 4 days ago), and I had a bunch of free magazines, a Bank America pin, a couple of other samples and a Good Housekeeping tester box with a full size Aim, a plate from Corelle, a sample size of Crest mouthwash, and another item or two.

i like stitch
04-26-2006, 10:22 PM
I received my Dale and Thomas popcorn today! All I can say is, OMG! That stuff was wonderful and addicting!

nu cruzer
04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Just got my Degree deodorant yesterday. It's a perfect size for travel.