PDA

View Full Version : Just one little M&M???

disneyfanz04
04-10-2006, 01:54 PM
Got this from my leader on Sat. and thought I would share it with you guys...

M&M's are really football fields. What does that mean? To find out walk with a 50 cent bag of M&M's out onto a football field. Open the bag, take out one little M&M at the back of the end zone. Eat this one little M&M!! It will last in your mouth for about 10 seconds. Start to walk off your M&M by striding across the football field all the way into the far end zone(120 yards).
Congratulations! you just burned off one M&M.
Now turn around and look back at the goal post. If you are willing to walk another football field, enjoy a second M&M. Just remember there are 53 to 55 of those sugar coated chocolates in that 50 cent bag.
This wasn't written to depress you, but, hopefully it will make you think the next time you pick something up that you should think twice about.
Are you willing to spend the time and energy to burn it off?
By the way, one peanut M&M equals two football fields.
Potato chips & Doritos equal 2 football fields each chip!
Chocolate chip cookies, depending on their size, equal 8-15 football fields.
A snicker bar equals 50 football fields.
Miller or Bud Lite equal 18 football fields.
If you chose a regular Miller or Bud - that equals 36 football fields.
A Big Mac, fries, and a shake are 240 football fields or five straight hours of walking.

Hope this helps!!

ohMom
04-10-2006, 02:36 PM
yowza!

i just emailed my WISH buddies that i'm reading John Bingham's No Need for Speed and how his couch potato to marathoner story hit home from me when he talked about realizing food is fuel -- and once he started eating like an athlete the differences in made for him.

now i have another visual -- holy smoke! 15 football fields for one teeny tiny cookie -- eek! not worth it! better options!!

hrj01
04-10-2006, 08:15 PM
That is some awesome info to know. WOW I will NOT be eating any of those things for sure. I will be thinking about ALL the walking I would have to do. LOL!!!

Thanks for sharing the info. :)

Tiger Lily 03
04-11-2006, 07:27 AM
One football field, hmmm? Wonder if there is anything like one M&M though. I'd have to be walking from here to WDW for my M&M sins.

Misty89
04-11-2006, 09:22 AM
After i get back from walking :teeth: I am going to print this out :thumbsup2 THANK YOU! I needed some inspiration and this will help.

Tina

Katerbug
04-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Oh I believe that. Have you looked on the package to see how many calories are in M&M's? I don't remember the exact number but I do remember that it was alot. You wouldn't think that something so small could have so many calories. Makes me want to jump on the treadmill just thinking about it. :sunny:

summersfam4
04-11-2006, 10:47 AM
WOW, talk about the relationship between exercise and food being eye opening. Thanks for sharing, it will definately make me think twice before consuming so many sweets :)

Kelly

Misty89
04-11-2006, 06:59 PM
so i cant help but wonder....my new candy for ever and always is russel stover WW chocloate, And i wonder how many football fields that is OR miles on a bike in my case :)

any guesses for real?
they are 1 point each.

Tina

summersfam4
04-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Misty89, you will have to walk approimately 20 minutes at a moderate pace (3 miles per hour) to burn the 50 calories per piece of the Russel Stover Weight Watchers coconut milk chocolate candies. I couldn't find an exact match to you candy. Hope that helps!

Kelly