PDA

View Full Version : New Rumor!

bom_noite
04-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I just got off the phone with the Best Man in my wedding who has a neighbor who is a DVC member. Well the neighbors sister go's to a hair-stylist that works with a personal trainer. It just so happens that the trainer also trains a BWV owner that is working on a 50 pt SSR add-on! So, while working through the add-on his guide told him the next DVC will actually be IN THE MK!

I guess they plan to gut the Castle and build 3 dozen Studios, Ten 1 BR's, Three dedicated 2 BR's and One GV! He was also told they plan to use the 20K Leagues area as the pool! He said that it is close to being announced - but - they are having a difficult time figuring out what the Membership Due's will be!

I usually do not buy in to these things - but - this one certainly is coming from a pretty reliable source!

Updates:

The new DVC Official Secret Special Acronym for the project will be: VCC (Villas at Cinderalla's Castle). Author: Paging Tom Morrow

Confimed (meaning I have 2 or more sources!):

Lap Pool = Pirates of Carribean
Regular Pool = 20K Leagues
Jogging Track / Treadmill = Segway People Mover

Additional Unconfirmed Rumors:

Character Massages: See my post on Page 3!
Points Allocation: Semi Confirmed - but see my post on Page 3!
Member Tours: Post 3 - Again - sorry!
Member Community Room: Well, sorry - again you have to trudge to Page 3! I could have said "Go to page 4"! But, we do not have a page 4 (as of this writing!). Look, it is easy enough to go to page 3 - so - just go there!

NOTE: My appologies if you are a European DVC member and your screen is larger and my post on page 3 is actually on Page 2. The same holds true for those Asian members (with smaller screens) who may view it on page 4! If you are South of the Equator - not really sure what happens. I can only suggest you hunt and peck!

Outstanding Questions:

Dues?
Drink Refill Stations?
Pool Temp?
Pre-Sale? One distressing point, as point out by Paging Tom Morrow is that they already have sold a few pre-sales to some "insiders"!
Laundry for Studio's? How will DVC make sure people dont "pound out a couple loads during CRT?"

NOTE: If I have missed an Outstanding Question - please let me know! It is my goal to make this the most organized of all DVC Rumor Posts!

Deb & Bill
04-07-2006, 09:35 PM
They gonna defrost Walt for the grand opening of this resort???? :rotfl2:

CarolA
04-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Love It!

tmt martins
04-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Well Maint.fees should be low as Tink takes care of the Castle .Whats the price of Pixie Dust now a days.

DebbieB
04-07-2006, 09:40 PM
When will pre-sales start? Will there be a pre-sale discount?

bom_noite
04-07-2006, 09:43 PM
They gonna defrost Walt for the grand opening of this resort???? :rotfl2:

Hey - don't laugh! I think there are definite possibilites!

Some potential down sides are: All outside food deliverys will come with a $65 surcharge (so the dude can get in the park!). No on-site bar! And I hear Tinkerbell will be coming through the GV every night to slide down the wire!

The up side - duh - we relish the thought of a 3rd DVC resort with convenient on-site parking!

DrTomorrow
04-07-2006, 09:55 PM
I can already hear the complaints about the noise from the fireworks.... :lmao:

mommyceratops
04-07-2006, 10:00 PM
Well Maint.fees should be low as Tink takes care of the Castle .Whats the price of Pixie Dust now a days.

Hey Pixie Dust has to be cheaper than Gas?! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

PamOKW
04-07-2006, 10:01 PM
well it's about time we got our April Fool's announcement!

bom_noite
04-07-2006, 10:02 PM
When will pre-sales start? Will there be a pre-sale discount?

Don't have that info! I just heard the rumor - so I passed it along.

I have also been told that the personal trainer is divorced from a lady whose brother is a truck driver! The owner of the brothers trucking company has a cousin that regularly plays golf with a guy who writes large insurance contracts down in Orlando! Well, I guess this guy's uncle is also in insurance and is writing the policy for the construction company that is sub-letting the work!

I am chasing down that info and will report back as soon as I hear something!

DebbieB
04-07-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for staying on top of this and keeping us informed!!!! ;)

LIFERBABE
04-08-2006, 02:39 AM
Sounds like an add-on is in my future! :banana:

Thank you for the info! That is as good as points in the bank! :lmao:

patsal
04-08-2006, 08:04 AM
Wow, my sister's husband's sister in law and her kids and DH thought this was really funny! :banana:

Dizzy4Dizney
04-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Can we pool hop???

tammydel
04-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Hmmm will points be more for Main St. views....or Fantasyland views. I'm switching rooms if I get stuck with a Tommorowland view!

MINNIEBOWSER
04-08-2006, 08:45 AM
I love this rumor!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing it with us!

1000th happy haunt
04-08-2006, 09:04 AM
I'm definitely adding on, noise from fireworks or not. :thumbsup2

Just think, being in the middle of the action for MNSSHP and MVMCP.

I've also heard that Walt Disney, Jr. and Bill Gates will be there for the announcement. And they're also planning on giving a free DVC membership to everyone who forwards a particular e-mail.

simzac
04-08-2006, 10:14 AM
I read it on the internet, so it must be true. :rotfl2:

mongo
04-08-2006, 10:18 AM
Will we be able to use other resorts mugs at the drink station?

nezy
04-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Wow! This all sounds great, but what will be the THEME?

DisFlan
04-08-2006, 10:40 AM
No bar!! That probably lets us out. It's definitely out if there aren't any towel animals.

Will a Main Street view be more points than Tomorrowland? And just think of the "evening stroll" potential. Yeah, I could see where this might work. :teeth:

nezy - theme? Where?

DisFlan

Mystic7070
04-08-2006, 10:48 AM
The rumor is great, especially if delivery person pays to enter park. However (like Tikeman) we are learning it is an "improving" business and...think about it....an apartment...room....in the Castle....hmmmm

Disneymooners93
04-08-2006, 10:53 AM
It's about time!! Now maybe they will actually send the monorail into the park like DL. I would assume this is going to be the DVC on the monorail. :cool1:

What's Tink's take on DVC members? Hope she doesn't have the same nasty attitide towards us that the rest of the CM have. ;)

abk96
04-08-2006, 11:04 AM
My sisters, cousins, friend of a friend also heard this from a hairstylist of a friend of a CEO's wife....oh I'm so confused now. :rotfl2:

KatiebugsMom
04-08-2006, 11:06 AM
Which "Boat ride" will they use for the transportation from resort to park......Jungle Cruise, IASW or wait POTC, is that what all this refurbishment is about...... :rotfl2:

rparmfamily
04-08-2006, 11:17 AM
I won't stay there unless they have several themed pools!

bom_noite
04-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I won't stay there unless they have several themed pools!

I would assume they could let us use either the Jungle Curise or Pirates as a lap pool after hours!

tmt martins
04-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Slide out of the Castle right into the pond in front or even a bigger one that goes from the top into the river.
Watch out for the gators on that one or is it the Crocs (shoes are just as scary).

sajetto
04-08-2006, 11:55 AM
My second cousin's other cousin twice removed heard this from from his best friend's CPA so I'm positive its from a reliable source :rotfl:

dianeschlicht
04-08-2006, 12:30 PM
LOL! It might get pretty tough to take a late night foray into another area, since the gates will be locked at closing time! I can see it now...DVCers staying in the castle need wristbands! :rotfl2:

Paging Tom Morrow
04-08-2006, 12:54 PM
Unfortunately, there will only be room for two rooms at this new resort - VCC (Villas @ Cinderella's Castle). These two units have been presold.

The first unit - a grand villa - was sold to a Mr. & Mrs. P. Charming.

The second unit - a first for Disney is a penthouse that comes equipped with a special fly-line directly into Tomorrowland. While ownership details are unconfirmed, it is rumored that the owner is named T. Belle.

tmt martins
04-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Unfortunately, there will only be room for two rooms at this new resort - VCC (Villas @ Cinderella's Castle). These two units have been presold.

The first unit - a grand villa - was sold to a Mr. & Mrs. P. Charming.

The second unit - a first for Disney is a penthouse that comes equipped with a special fly-line directly into Tomorrowland. While ownership details are unconfirmed, it is rumored that the owner is named T. Belle.

There's a T.Belle has points for rent on the RENT/TRADE board.I wonder if it's the same .Maybe Pixie Dust has gone up and we just haven't noticed (like the gas prices). :rotfl2:

Pinnie
04-08-2006, 01:39 PM
We'll have to be sure to RENT our points out for this place at more than $10 pp!!!

pinnie

freediverdude
04-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Will the 20K Leagues feature pool be heated?
Also, will there be any really really long hallways and tiny units?

tmt martins
04-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Will the 20K Leagues feature pool be heated?
Also, will there be any really really long hallways and tiny units?

Hallways wil be very short :banana: Just it takes 300 step to get from floor to floor :guilty: ( No elevator noise though :cheer2: )

manning
04-08-2006, 05:10 PM
I heard the castle WAS the next villa!!!!!

dvc-NE
04-09-2006, 08:36 PM
No question it's from a reliable source, but I just can't picture a Magical Express bus pulling up at that location.

wdwstar
04-10-2006, 09:30 AM
This is like the telephone game you whisper something in the next persons ear and then they say the same message( in this case rumor) to the next person in line and by the end of the line the last person tells everyone what supposely the first person had said, in this case i bet someone along the line added "IN" the MK and not "ON " MK property like we all know the rumor of the contemporary's north wing will be DVC. I bet the rumor will turn out to be the Contemporary.

ryanmilla
04-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Since I am a SSR owner, what do you think my chances are of the 7-month window? Do you think my waitlist will come through? Trying to see if I can get it for the MVMCP, however, I don't want a huge snowflake shining into my room at night.

Love this rumor, seems the most reliable yet. :lmao:

CRSNDSNY
04-10-2006, 11:48 AM
Out of curiosity, do you think they'll have a Tinkerbell/Wishes Family just like they have a Flag Family at the WL? If so, I'll have to make sure to put high heels on my 1YO so she meets the height requirement!

lillasmom
04-10-2006, 12:16 PM
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

byoung
04-10-2006, 08:12 PM
I'm buying in.

bom_noite
04-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Ok, Ok, Ok - have been working the rumor trail all last night and today! Have some additional info to report:

1) Excercise Room: Disney has been trying to figure out a graceful way to shut down that Wedway People Mover thing for years. The opportunity has arrived! This becomes a jogging track/treadmill!

By the way, I have 2 sources on the lap-pool so it is now confirmed: It will be Pirates!

2) On-Site Ammenities: Character massages! Info is sketchy on this - am tracking it down, but, if I will offer up right now that if I get stuck with Peter Pan - I will be one unhappy camper!

Also did hear they may scrap this because they are not sure folks would accept a "ladder-fee" for the dwarfs. Extremely sketchy stuff - not buying in to this yet.

3) DVC Member Room: The current plan is that we take over the Fairy-Godmothers personal dressing room! I am hearing she does not yet know this - and - everyone is pretty scared to tell her!

4) As suggested, points for Main Street and Fantasyland views will be more. Those with Tomorrowland views and adjacent to the Beasts private restroom will be less.

5) Member Tours: Nighttime magic at the Kingdom - I guess you will watch guys with Cigars repainting trash cans and power washing Main Street!

Am continuing to work the trail - when I hear - you hear! I am burning daylight - let me get back on the phones!

mommyceratops
04-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Even better can we make the Magic Kingdom for DVC members only.

Cut down on the lines for sure.

Also any members that are grumpy..... they have to ride It's a small world for 3 hours in a row or until they crack a smile!

cascadecupcake
04-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Thank you for all your work on this. Please keep the information coming.

I have just a couple of questions. Where will the laundry facilities be for the studio units? In the castle itself, or will we have to trudge to the pools? I'm assuming it will, like all other DVC properties, be free....how will we insure that other guests aren't bringing their laundry into the park in rolling backpacks to pound out a couple loads while they enjoy their breakfast at CRT?

bom_noite
04-11-2006, 07:08 AM
Thank you for all your work on this. Please keep the information coming.

I have just a couple of questions. Where will the laundry facilities be for the studio units? In the castle itself, or will we have to trudge to the pools? I'm assuming it will, like all other DVC properties, be free....how will we insure that other guests aren't bringing their laundry into the park in rolling backpacks to pound out a couple loads while they enjoy their breakfast at CRT?

Great Question - and a very valid concern in my opnion as they need to be keeping the riff-raff out!

Straughn
04-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Will there be an "extra-early magic hour" just for those folks staying in the Villas at Cinerdella's Castle?

bom_noite
04-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Another Great Question! I am thinking you just have to walk out your door!