PDA

View Full Version : Ticket question

jason27
04-06-2006, 04:05 PM
My friend and I are going to Disney in a couple weeks. Another friend of mine has used Disney tickets. It was a 5 day park hopper with 3 days left. She wants to sell them to us. My question is, will we actually get into the park? I know on the back it says it's non-transferrable and they get your fingerprints on the way in.

I have called Disney and they told me they will not work and will consider them stolen and confiscate them. However, my friend claims she has used a ticket that was used by someone else and still got in. I tend to believe the people from Disney over her. Anyone have any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

mx55mom
04-06-2006, 05:26 PM
I think it depends on how old the unused tickets are. My sister had an older one 3+ years that was her ex-husbands. She was able to use it because it was pre-fingerprints. I had left over days from Feb 2005 that only I could use because they already started using the fingerprint images. So if your friend already used it and they were doing the fingerprinting, you CANNOT use it.

byoung
04-06-2006, 07:38 PM
Disney does not fingerprint, they measure the fingers.

jason27
04-06-2006, 07:42 PM
I think it depends on how old the unused tickets are. My sister had an older one 3+ years that was her ex-husbands. She was able to use it because it was pre-fingerprints. I had left over days from Feb 2005 that only I could use because they already started using the fingerprint images. So if your friend already used it and they were doing the fingerprinting, you CANNOT use it.
She went this past December, so yes I'm assuming they did the fingerprinting then.

wdwgoofeeee
04-07-2006, 05:01 AM
As noted by another poster, it is NOT fingerprinting. All the turnstiles now have a machine attached that does a bio-scan of two fingers. They use the pattern of the two fingers and lock it in to the ticket being used. This prevents anyone else from using this ticket. We went to WDW last June and it was being used so if your friend went in December it was certainly used then. You CANNOT use this ticket as it already has been locked in with the first person who used it.
The turnstile will not give you entry and the tickets likely will be confiscated by the Cast Member at the turnstile. Skip the embarrassment and all the other grief this will cause you and buy your own tickets.

torinsmom
04-07-2006, 05:19 AM
If your ticket is denied, they will ask for your id and it won't match the ticket. I wouldn't risk it. That dang machine denied me using my own ticket a few times, LOL

Marsha

tms295
04-07-2006, 09:01 AM
I don't know what the new security measure will require. I haven't been in the park for about a year now, But I have tickets (hoppers) purchased in 2003. They are like thick paper/board with my last name printed on the back. And we never had a problem with "sharing" them. Actually when i bought them, I purchased 2 tickets one for me and my boyfriend. They put my last name on both tickets.

We have a vacation home that the aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins all stay at when they vacation. So we typically buy 5 -10 5 day hopper passes at a time and whoever is in town uses them. We all have the same last name... but we have taken friends on vacation and they used our passes no problem.

I always thought the security measures where geared more to the Annual pass holders. But rules may have changed... Its been a bit since I went to the parks!