PDA

View Full Version : Surviving Easter

DaisyD
04-06-2006, 08:19 AM
I am going crazy being surrounded by all that delicious chocolate! My youngest DD is getting an Easter basket of course but the rest of the family decided to forgo our baskets this year due to the diet. Well, I went to Target yesterday and got most of DD's candy and the smell of candy was just great! Today I am heading to the Godiva store to get her giant chocolate bunny. Sigh......... I have a designated cheat day each week and it is always on weigh-in day. For Easter I decided to make that my cheat day instead. I plan on having a turkey and all the trimmings including lots of rolls and butter! I did buy a small bag of Cadbury milk chocolate eggs as our chocolate splurge on Easter but that's it. So my idea of surving Easter is to just make it my weekly cheat day and enjoy. The hard part is staying away from all that delicious candy til then! What is everyone else doing to help deal with Easter if you are celebrating it?

KathyFP
04-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I know that it is going to be hard. I think that I am going going to get DD a very very little bit of candy and the rest of her basket will be other things.

I know myself. I have to keep all tempting things out of the house (chips and chocolate). I will try to kid myself that one bite won't hurt - but one bite leads to many - like the alocholic - one piece of chocolate(or chip) is too much and a thousand is not enough.

summersfam4
04-06-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm in the same boat, but I plan to try to get my kiddo's things like one small chocolate bunny each(it wouldn't be fair to eat theirs lol) and maybe small individual candies that they would know if I ate like 1 reeses egg each, ect. That way I can't eat theirs because they would find out (there's no way to replace that kind of thing after Easter) :) Maybe that was I can keep myself in check!
Kelly

italiancapreta
04-06-2006, 05:48 PM
My suggestion is to get your kids candy they they like and you can't stand. That would be enough to keep me away. Happy Easter!

DaisyD
04-06-2006, 06:18 PM
My suggestion is to get your kids candy they they like and you can't stand. That would be enough to keep me away. Happy Easter!

Unfortunately DD is on the same page as me. We love any and all chocolate! DD isn't the type of kid to like those sour candies and other stuff I don't like. I just made sure to buy her eggs stuffed with Reeses cups and kisses and other goodies. It is a lot better then having to buy an entire bag of each.Asd long as I get my chocolate Cadbury eggs I'll be happy!

Tiger Lily 03
04-06-2006, 07:53 PM
I've read this, but you know I can't offer any solution. Sadly that chocolate thing is not something that is easy to leave alone.

Seems as though you have a great plan.

Good luck on staying away from it until Easter. There are only a few more days to go.

italiancapreta
04-07-2006, 06:13 AM
Well then make sure you enjoy those cadberry eggs!! Do you know that they have smaller versions of them out? Not as good as the larger one but I tried a few a week or two ago.

ohMom
04-07-2006, 07:06 AM
well my game plan is to raid the recipe archive at WW online and find some really yummy things to make. Then, yes, I too will indulge in a couple of those mini-cadbury eggs ;) i guess i hope to enjoy a relatively healthy version of an Easter meal and then control myself but still enjoy some of my favorite candy and a glass or two of wine. Then what i have to remember is the next day is just a regular day and to be back OP compelety 100%!

for me -- complete deprivation will lead to overindulgence -- moderation is key

summersfam4
04-07-2006, 07:25 AM
Well, we are one day closer to having all the bunny/chick goodies taken off the shelf for the year :cheer2: :cheer2: .!!
Keep up the will power, you can be strong :yay: :woohoo: :yay:
Kelly

DaisyD
04-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Well then make sure you enjoy those cadberry eggs!! Do you know that they have smaller versions of them out? Not as good as the larger one but I tried a few a week or two ago.

I haven't seen the mini milk chocolate eggs. Are you sure we are talking about the same ones? My oldest DD likes those Cadbury eggs with the white and orange colored buttercream in them. I am not a fan of those. Is that the ones that are mini now? The ones I like are already about as big as a peanut M&M. I hope they don't make them any smaller. I'd want to eat the entire bag then! I did eat 6, yes 6 Reeses PB eggs before I started this diet so I can't say I am too deprieved! LOL!

ohMom
04-12-2006, 08:01 AM
i'm talking about the mini-eggs that are bigger than a peanut m&m, more like 1/3 size of the regular egg, i think haven't had them in a while ;)

oh dddd-dear, i'm heading to wally world to buy DDs easter candy today, i purposely put it off this long for just this reason!

I did find great recipes for Easter we are having:

ham
Mixed greens with vinagerette
WW friendly German potato salad
WW recipe for sourdough apple bread pudding
WW friendly deviled eggs

and a few dishes for the guys/kids but i'm good. i'm also going to find a WW dessert today to make

DaisyD
04-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Sounds great ohMom! We are having:
Turkey
dressing
mashed potatoes
gravy
saurkraut and keilbasa
corn
cranberry sauce
Boston Cream Pie
birthday cake (celebrating 3 at once to keep the cake consumption down!)

UrsulasShadow
04-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Okay, here's a dessert that'll help with the chocolate cravings...
1 Vita-Top muffin top, chocolate banana flavor (1 pt. WW)
1 serving ff, sf jello chocolate pudding
sliced banana (optional)
CoolWhip free

Heat the muffin top for 30 seconds, top with the (bananas,)pudding, and cool whip. Really hits the ol' chocolate spot! This is how I plan to avoid those mini-eggs...I refuse to let the holidays undo all my good work!

Looking for the muffin tops? They're a little pricey ($35 for 2 dozen shipped), but worth it. I got them from www.vitalicious.com.

tolemommy
04-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Hello my name is Chris and I am a sugar addict and this time of year SUCKS!!!I love all the yummy chocolate eggs, bunnies, malted mini eggs, etc. I have two teenage sons who absolutely love the mini cadbury eggs, they call them "crack eggs," because once they start eating them they can't stop until the bag is empty. I've already purchased them a couple of bags for their baskets.

In the past I would of ate my way through the easter holiday, chocolate egg here, a few more there, and before I knew it the bag would be empty. :guilty: But not this year, I am strong with the force, :yoda:. Don't get me wrong I'll have a few sweet treats on Easter Sunday but I am determined to regain my health, :smooth: so the goodies aren't as appealing to me this Easter season thank goodness. :banana:

kimwim8
04-13-2006, 02:14 PM
so the goodies aren't as appealing to me this Easter season thank goodness.

I have to agree with you. I asked DH to get me 1 Cadbury Creme Egg for Easter. And I'll eat that on Sunday. I can totally restrain from eating candy...that's not really my downfall...it's the good food that'll be at my house that day (baked mac n' cheese, deviled eggs, twice baked potatoes, rolls & butter - yes I'm a carb-o-haulic! :crazy: