PDA

View Full Version : Pics of SAB "wet suite" lifeguard!

jade1
04-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Stopped over at SAB and low and behold the infamous "wet suite" on the guy fixing the pool appeared. I did not have the thermometer but it felt a little chilly-apparently to the life guard as well-how sad.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/555/33207SAB1.JPG http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/555/33207SAB2.JPG http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/555/33207SAB3.JPG

DisFlan
04-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the pics!

DisFlan

corinnak
04-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Do you think they will start selling suits like that in the resort gift shops? Cause I might want some for myself and my kids. If they'd get them made with Mickey Mouse on them, they might even be cute? ::MickeyMo

Do you think he noticed you taking his photo?

keishashadow
04-05-2006, 06:41 AM
When you said lifeguard & wetsuit, I was really hoping for a different view.;) Think I'll skip wearing one, not the most flattering look.

Wish I lived in Fl
04-05-2006, 07:35 AM
When you said lifeguard & wetsuit, I was really hoping for a different view.;) Think I'll skip wearing one, not the most flattering look.

:rotfl2:

DisFlan
04-05-2006, 07:58 AM

LOL! What you said is a lot more tactful than what I was thinking!

DisFlan

pouncingpluto
04-05-2006, 08:31 AM
Just a minor point, but I don't think that's a lifeguard... looks more like pool maintenance to me. The lifeguards tend to be in the college program and wouldn't be fixing the pool.

WebmasterCricket
04-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I saw light just like the one in the picture being repaired at OKW and the maintenence guy was hanging over the edge of the pool with a lifeguard holding his ankles. I guess OKW goes "old school" and SAB gets the high tech wetsuit repair guy. Not sure who is getting the short stick on this one :)

disney junky
04-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Just a minor point, but I don't think that's a lifeguard... looks more like pool maintenance to me. The lifeguards tend to be in the college program and wouldn't be fixing the pool.
::yes::

AMcaptured
04-05-2006, 09:42 AM
Regardless of "who" exactly is in the pool, the wetsuit says a lot about the current pool temperatures. It shouldn't really matter who this person is exactly, the fact he NEEDS a wet suit is the issue, jmo.

AM

jade1
04-05-2006, 10:55 AM
Regardless of "who" exactly is in the pool, the wetsuit says a lot about the current pool temperatures. It shouldn't really matter who this person is exactly, the fact he NEEDS a wet suit is the issue, jmo.

AM

Exactly, last spring break at OKW nobody would have worn a wetsuit, it was toasty.

bom_noite
04-05-2006, 03:30 PM

Look in the sky? Is it a bird, is it a plane - no it is:

DVC'S SUPER POOL BOY!

By night he is mild mannered Kent Clark - but - by day he races around DVC adjusting Temps and eating left over donuts!

walt mania
04-05-2006, 03:37 PM
I wonder if his wife will find these jokes funny when she reads them?

CarolA
04-05-2006, 03:54 PM
No the wetsuit actually probably says nothing about the pool temp. I actually saw a repair man wearing one in JULY! (And the pool was PLENTY WARM LOL) I think it may be a safety precaution. The guy I saw was working on a light and also had on "goggle" type safety glasses. It would allow you to "lean" against the sides or areas with better grip I think then swim trunks.

Also if it was to keep him warm they make them covering a lot more of your body....

dis-happy
04-05-2006, 04:45 PM
I can't tell from the photos---is that really a wetsuit or just a bathing suit that offers extra sun protection? My ds has one that style with spf 50. In the photos here it doesn't look "thick" like a wetsuit, plus wetsuits usually hold you in better flab-wise if you KWIM. Just wondering if the OP could tell for sure...

Sammie
04-05-2006, 06:07 PM

This guy is definitely not a lifeguard. They have to be in great shape and able to rescue people. No offense but this is not the case with this guy.

I am sure he is pool maintenance, possibly does not even work for Disney. I really think before I would post something as fact I would verify it.

Less rumor causing turmoil that way. :thumbsup2

DisFlan
04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
This guy is definitely not a lifeguard. They have to be in great shape and able to rescue people. No offense but this is not the case with this guy.

I am sure he is pool maintenance, possibly does not even work for Disney. I really think before I would post something as fact I would verify it.

Less rumor causing turmoil that way. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Sammie, but as soon I opened the pix, I was fairly certain he wasn't a WDW lifeguard.

DisFlan

bom_noite
04-05-2006, 06:15 PM
I wonder if his wife will find these jokes funny when she reads them?

I think she only read the Pool sites on the DIS boards?