PDA

View Full Version : Trip Insurance Recommendations

ISCRK
04-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Hey All! We are booked on the March 24, 2007 Eastern Magic. Last time we cruised was in 2002 on the western magic, so we are WWAAYY overdue for a cruise fix! I am looking for recommendations on trip insurance...went to www.*****************, and got a listing of 20 or so travel insurance companies. Anyone prefer one brand over another? :confused3 We don't have any major medical issues, just looking for trip cancellation, baggage claim, and basic medical in case something goes wrong....just a basic policy in case we need it. Any help is appreciated!! :love: :love: :love:

NancyIL
04-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey All! We are booked on the March 24, 2007 Eastern Magic. Last time we cruised was in 2002 on the western magic, so we are WWAAYY overdue for a cruise fix! I am looking for recommendations on trip insurance...went to www.*****************, and got a listing of 20 or so travel insurance companies. Anyone prefer one brand over another? :confused3 We don't have any major medical issues, just looking for trip cancellation, baggage claim, and basic medical in case something goes wrong....just a basic policy in case we need it. Any help is appreciated!! :love: :love: :love:

I would compare a few of the lower-priced policies side-by-side to see what the coverages are. I have used Travelex TravelLite in the past, and they paid when my sister had to cancel at the last minute. I've also read very good things about CSA.

moet7
04-04-2006, 03:04 PM
Hi

I bought Access America, the AAA Family Plan for our up coming cruise. With this plan children under 18 are free. You can find informaiton out on their website, however I believe they do not list the AAA Family Plan on the web. I had to call them to get this plan. Hope this helps.

Others on the board have also used Access America AAA Family Plan that is how I found it. :)

dsny06
04-04-2006, 05:14 PM
We're on the upcoming 4/22 Western and to date we have not bought trip insurance. However, we're scheduled to fly on Delta and there is the very real possibility of a pilot strike after 4/15. Has anyone had experience w/buying insurance "last minute" for this type of situation and would it cover our flights????

NancyIL
04-04-2006, 06:01 PM
We're on the upcoming 4/22 Western and to date we have not bought trip insurance. However, we're scheduled to fly on Delta and there is the very real possibility of a pilot strike after 4/15. Has anyone had experience w/buying insurance "last minute" for this type of situation and would it cover our flights????

I believe that once a strike has been announced, it's too late to buy insurance that would cover cancellations due to the strike. Same thing with hurricanes - once a warning has been issued.