PDA

View Full Version : bring jeans??

goscudder
04-04-2006, 01:17 PM
We're leaving in three weeks and I'm starting my "mental" packing list. My question is if I need to pack jeans for us for the evenings? We wouldn't wear them to dinner, but would we need them for after dinner? I know the days will be warm, but what are the evenings like? Is it windy and cool outside at night?

Thanks!

imomtojd
04-04-2006, 01:23 PM
1.Yes pack jeans, and 2. Why wouldn't you wear them to dinner if you're comfortable in them. It is totally acceptable now to wear them except on formal and semi-formal nights. Also, at Luminere I think they want you to dress a little nicer (but it's not mandatory).

Lisa

mom x4,grandma x4
04-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Yes, bring your jeans.
If you want to strollout on the deck early or late you'll need long pants and a light weight jacket. Personally I think the ship is too cool in the evenings in the public areas. I always have to wear my jeans at the shows, clubs or anywhere we go in the evenings. Long sleeves or a light weight sweater too.
I am not alone, I see many people in long pants and long sleeves. I know they are just trying to keep it comfortable for a lot of people in the rooms, but it does get chilly.
mom x4,grandma x4

mrsltg
04-04-2006, 02:31 PM
I always wear jeans on the plane (survivalist). Anyway, wearing them on the plane also saves the space of packing them. They take up so much room!!! If you're just planning on wearing them after dinner you can wear the same pair over and over and over.

ragdoll
04-04-2006, 03:00 PM
I do the same as mrsltg. I always freeze in the airport and on the plane. I am not one of those people who believe that everytime you take something off it needs to go in the wash. One pair of jeans is all you need. I wear them home too. Then they go in the wash. :thumbsup2

pixiepower126
04-04-2006, 05:14 PM
I don't think you need to bring jeans. You should only wear jeans to the airport. You can also wear those home, too. It is going to be warm. If it makes you feel more comfortable, you could bring 1 or 2 pairs. Even on our Xmas cruise, we wore shorts(and obiously our dinner outfits). ;)

MandyMommytoReaghan
04-04-2006, 05:58 PM
I highly recommend taking your jeans. A least a couple of pairs. I also took a couple of "jean" capris. You see all kinds of people in their jeans, even in the restaurants. Remember to roll your jeans and they pack much more compact. :)

minneapolismickey
04-04-2006, 08:03 PM
We just came off the boat and it was cool and windy. We never wore jeans. We were comfortable in our dinner clothes or shorts. Definitely bring something to cover your arms in the evening if you are wearing sleeveless outfits. I love wearing jeans at home, but enjoyed dressing for the entire evening. No need to bring jeans IMHO.

alexx
04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Good save the jeans.

I wear formal pants and tie every working day.

When I am in vacancy, don't worry be happy, I wear jeans, shorts, old T-shirts (specialy the ones my DW hate) and so on.

GO; WEAR WHATEVER YOUR COMFORTABLE WITH.

Bye

alexx

SamRoc
04-04-2006, 08:28 PM
Depends on the time of year you are going. We will be crusing in August and we definetly won't be bringing jeans. They will be way too hot to wear in Mexico, want to wear much lighter clothes, and if you get stuck in a rainstorm in jeans, they take forever to dry.

Tarabra
04-04-2006, 10:03 PM
As a female, I don't think I've ever brought jeans w/ me. I usually wear a pair of capris or a long or short fun type of skirt. If you're going in 3 weeks, you should be fine. We've cruised late Mar. and early May, and it's usually fine in the evenings. Yes, bring a light sweater to throw over your shoulders. By the way...I'm one of those "always cold" people, and I do fine on the ship. My DH will bring one pair of jeans to wear on the plane and home, and just so he has them, but it's usually khakis to dinner, then shorts afterwards or he just stays in the khakis. Remember, you're going to be tanned or maybe (hopefully not) burnt, and jeans just might not be the most comfortable thing to wear. I leave the jeans at home, and I'm a jeans kinda gal!!

need_a_Disney_fix
04-04-2006, 10:14 PM
I wore my jeans only when flying to Orlando and then flying home. I usually wore either khaki capris or slacks for evening dinner on casual nights. In my opinion, jeans are just a little too casual for the dining rooms.

goscudder
04-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions!!