PDA

View Full Version : 10 or 11 Med cruise??

moochinkassarole
04-03-2006, 07:09 PM
GRRR!! I was all ready to go. I had my number of days. I had my date. I had my cat. :cat: Now....do I want to change everything and go on an 11 day? Is it REALLY that big of a deal?

We are either getting off the ship the day of my son's 11th birthday on a 10 day or getting on the ship on his birthday. He said he doesn't want to do the mandatory safety drill on his birthday. :rolleyes2

Let's say I pick the 10 day...and then 2 days later I want to switch it over and the prices have gone up. Would I get the price for the 11 day at the price the day I originally booked or would I have to pay the new price? Anyone?

Thanks for your time!
Kitty :cat:
who really doesn't want to wake up at 4:45am to get ready to call tomorrow!

NancyIL
04-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Just a guess...but I imagine you would pay the prices in effect at the time of any change, so decide carefully before booking.

My understanding is that when ships depart late - the lifeboat drill is usually done the next day.

JulieWent
04-03-2006, 07:23 PM
We picked the 11 day because it looks more relaxed to us. We'll have a little extra time between some of the "big" ports. (I'm thinking we'll be really tired after a lonnnnggg day in Rome, and I'd like to see Florence, too. Trying to do Rome one day and Florence the next would really be a lot.) So, we opted for the 11 day.

It's funny that your son doesn't like the drills. My 10 year old HATEs them too. (We've only been on one cruise, but he complained about that 15 minute drill for an hour.) He did get over it, but it was a strange thing to be so adamant about.

We're going to book the June 16 cruise. Maybe we'll see you there?

Julie

moochinkassarole
04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Julie,
We won't see you....we are going in July. My DH said he doesn't see any value in staying an extra day if we aren't getting an extra port. Then he started second guessing the cat 6 and wondering if we should get a cat 9. THen he said we are pulling into some amazing ports (minus Naples...it's not pretty) and he'd like to look out from our balcony. Really, Disney is a giant taxi for us. I bet the ship is going to be a ghost town the whole time we are in port.

Kitty

misseulalie
04-03-2006, 10:05 PM
We chose the 10 day because we were just in Florence and (hate to say it..) didn't care for it. So we are going to use that day in port as a ship day and a time to rejuvinate. It helps that Florence is in the middle of the route.
Hopefully the pools wil be empty and a great day to relax w/o a lot of people around us.

10 hours until 8am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: