PDA

View Full Version : Dressing for Dinner Question

Mharring33
04-03-2006, 04:57 AM
I was reading my Passporter last night which brought me to this question. How many nights are semi-formal? This is what prompts my question.

In reading the Navigators I noticed 1 formal night, 1 semi-formal night and the rest were casual. But, my Passporter says that dinner attire at Lumiere's is not necessarily semi-formal, but it suggests jackets for men and dressy clothes for woman. My wardrobe has been set and I have 1 formal outfit, 1 semi-formal outfit and the rest are casual(linen pants, nice tops and sandles). What happens if my semi-formal or formal evening does not fall on the night when I eat at Lumiere's? Should I pack 1 more semi-formal outfit just in case?

The other problem is my DD hates to dress up, we've found her some wrinkled linen skirts and some capris pants. Now I'm worried that she wont be dressy enough also.

For those of you who have been on DCL before, please tell me what your dressing for dinner experience has been.

Thanks.

BuzzBoyMom
04-03-2006, 05:52 AM
Lumiere used to be a more dressy place - just because of the ambiance. But you are totally fine with what you have. We've worn dress pants and nice shirts (capris for me) to Lumiere and we were totally fine. Don't fret. You will have one official formal night and one official semi-formal night and the rest will be "resort attire"....nice pants and shirt. If you look at the navigators you will even see that jeans are now accepted. Shorts are the only thing they still ask not be worn to dinner.

WDWLVR
04-03-2006, 05:57 AM
You'll be fine with what you have planned. While some do get a little more dressed up at Lumiere's it really isn't to the level of Formal or Semi-Formal night. Enjoy your cruise!

ARBN
04-03-2006, 07:27 AM
And for those of you who have been on the 3 night cruise recently ( I went back in 2000) is there a formal night? I have heard rumors that they don't have them on the short cruises. I leave Thursday so am wondering what to pack.

BuzzBoyMom
04-03-2006, 07:35 AM
Definitely no formal nights on the 3 night cruise.

Pea-n-Me
04-03-2006, 07:38 AM
OP, I agree you're good to go. :thumbsup2

ARBN, keep it "resort casual", have a great time! :boat:

ARBN
04-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Thanks! My husband said he refused to wear a coat and tie this trip since this was his much needed vacation! Sounds perfect. I can't wait for Thursday!

webray
04-03-2006, 08:39 AM
You definately do not need a jacket for men or a dressy outfit for women in Lumiere's. Disney has the new relaxed dress code for dinner, in all dining rooms. The old jacket routine is very old information. A jacket isn't even required in the adult only restaurant. Enjoy!