PDA

View Full Version : coronado location?

noahynav
04-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Can someone please tell me the best buildings to request at Coronado Springs? Which are perferred? What bulidings are best if you do not want preferred?

Thank you!

ktink
04-02-2006, 07:40 PM
We stayed at CSR last Sept and we were in 9A and it was a great location. We did pay for a water view, but our room was between bus stops 1 & 4 and a short walk to the Dig Site. It was in the Cabana section. I really recommend this area. Hope that helps a little.

Buzz2001
04-03-2006, 04:58 AM
There isn't one simple answer to your question. It depends on which section you end up liking better. Here are some good choice for each.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. Most convenient location and most preferred.

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building. (Closest to the Pool)

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above. 9a has a quiet pool and is also a smoking optional building.

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building.

CSR's new internal shuttle system can also assist you in getting to and from the main building to your village.

henry lutz
09-24-2006, 05:28 AM
hi buzz
have you ever done a cruise for viewing the fireworks
i heard about a pontoon boat for about 120 $
whats your experience ?
thanks
henry

Buzz2001
09-24-2006, 06:39 AM
hi buzz
have you ever done a cruise for viewing the fireworks
i heard about a pontoon boat for about 120 $
whats your experience ?
thanks
henryWe usually do the Illumiations cruise at Epcot. Unfortunately, the cost has gone up to $250.00. The Illuminations Cruises are very difficult to get since there are only 4 or 5 boats. We love them! One year we had them decorate the boat for our DD's birthday. They provide soft drinks and cake. Check out this linkf or instructions.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=560160

michelle1
09-24-2006, 07:10 AM
We stayed in 9B on the first floor and were very close to the dig site, el centro and a bus stop. If you care about being close to the PM than Ranchos is a long way and the same goes for Casitas if you care to be close to the Dig Site. We found the Cabanas to be the best location to be close to everything although their shuttles came around very frequently and it is a nice walk anywhere at CSR.

pamrob
09-24-2006, 10:39 AM
I noticed not a lot of people recommend the Ranchos section. We just returned a week ago from CSR and had 7B Ranchos and LOVED IT. We were very close to the main pool and additionally had a large quiet pool with laundry facilities right in the middle of our building. We did not pay for preferred location. There is a bus stop in the parking lot right at the end of the building, very close. It was very, very quiet back in our section. Now it is a little walk to the front and the food court - but not horrible. It would be further in any other Ranchos building. We could see the pool entrance from our doorway and the bridge to the front is right on the other side of the pool. Check out the resort map on Buzz's website. We didn't intend to use and didn't end up using the Pepper Market more than a couple of times so this was ideal for us. We did not request a certain section or building - simply a quiet location close to the main pool which our TA said generally would get you Ranchos. Decide what amenities are most important to be close to, what other issues are important and then make your request and enjoy your stay!

Cool-Beans
09-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I think it depends on what style you like and whether or not you ride the bus.

I like Casitas. Though they are all very nice, I prefer that style. We drive, so being in Casita 5 was no hardship (and the water view was very pretty!)

Iluvthemouse
09-24-2006, 11:31 AM
I think it depends on what style you like and whether or not you ride the bus.

I like Casitas. Though they are all very nice, I prefer that style. We drive, so being in Casita 5 was no hardship (and the water view was very pretty!)

I agree. We were in a corner, ground floor room in Casita 5 and it was very nice. I didnt like the look of the Ranchos (theming dessert like) but that is my opinion. The Cabanas bus stop was always a little more crowded.

pamrob
09-24-2006, 01:21 PM
I guess I really didn't think about what theme the buildings had. If we were back at the resort we were generally at the pool. The room we had actually didn't face into the Ranchos area so we didn't really see the desert theming most of the time we were there. We had a view of mostly trees which was nice and peaceful.

rie'smom
09-24-2006, 05:34 PM
When we were there,I didn't even know until later what building we were in!! It was a Casita but I still don't know the number. :goodvibes We had a discounted room that faced the parking lot and the view was still beautiful. The landscaping was so lush that I would never have known except we had a rental car.

henry lutz
12-06-2006, 08:29 AM
When we were there,I didn't even know until later what building we were in!! It was a Casita but I still don't know the number. :goodvibes We had a discounted room that faced the parking lot and the view was still beautiful. The landscaping was so lush that I would never have known except we had a rental car.
hi
going to csr in may....12-18
we chose casitas
any advise
did you rent watercraft or anything at the resort
pepper mkt. ?
i
am going planning crazy
thank you

Lilolvr
12-06-2006, 12:51 PM
hi
going to csr in may....12-18
we chose casitas
any advise
did you rent watercraft or anything at the resort
pepper mkt. ?
i
am going planning crazy
thank youMy DH/DS have rented water mice at CSR. The lake isn't as large as others on property but they're still fun. We've also rented the surrey bikes.

We love the PM and it is a great deal if your on the DDP.

Have fun!

Rantybaby
12-06-2006, 11:35 PM
Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views but you will have to walk or ride the internal shuttle to get to the pool.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building.

CSR's new internal shuttle system can also assist you in getting to and from the main building to your village.

Which Casitas is closest to the convention hall and the Pepper Market?

Elise79
12-07-2006, 03:53 AM
Can someone please tell me the best buildings to request at Coronado Springs? Which are perferred? What bulidings are best if you do not want preferred?

Thank you!

There are no preferred buildings at CSR.

Buzz2001
12-07-2006, 04:40 AM

Which Casitas is closest to the convention hall and the Pepper Market?Casita 1, it's connected by a walkway and parts of casita 3.