PDA

View Full Version : Idea for new Disney hotel...

newnana
04-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Wouldn't it be great to have a place on site (not in a camp site) that would have either pet friendly rooms (maybe 1 entire building) or even have a hotel with a kennel on the same site? Maybe even offering pet sitting? If they would dedicate 1 building to families with pets, then allergies wouldn't be a problem for folks that can't be near dander or fur etc. My family goes to Orlando at least 1 per year, but finding a good dog sitter for our yorkie is a real pain. We now usually have to rent a pet friendly home in the area. I know its probably never going to happen, but if it does...there will be alot of pet toten families enjoying being on site!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

formernyer
04-02-2006, 04:52 PM
It would have to be a value hotel since it would take a lot of wear and tear. It would also probably require a surcharge of like $25 per stay for the additional cleaning requirements (like air neutralizing between guests, poopie pickup outside since many people won't do it themselves, etc).

I think it's a GREAT idea though. My guess is that it would be booked to capacity quicker than any of the other resorts.

newnana
04-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Definitely would have to be a value resort. Most (of course not all) pet owners would have no trouble paying a daily extra charge. We have to pay extra when we stay off property too. Of course pets would have to be left either in their crates or at a kennel when owners were out of the rooms. This would cut down on any kind of chewing destruction etc, and would also allow mousekeeping to do their thing without fear. Maybe someday...

jann1033
04-02-2006, 05:19 PM
not sure why some think it would have to be a value?...i doubt some animals would be any more destructive than humans are!

I think it's a good idea but wonder how many people who brought their dogs would have well trained dogs and how many would have spoiled ones who barked all day and night. we have always either had someone house sit or put our animals in a kennel but that's just us. we are on the go so much at wdw, they'd be bored and probably more lonely there!

DVC Sadie
04-02-2006, 05:28 PM
not sure why some think it would have to be a value?...i doubt some animals would be any more destructive than humans are!

I think it's a good idea but wonder how many people who brought their dogs would have well trained dogs and how many would have spoiled ones who barked all day and night. we have always either had someone house sit or put our animals in a kennel but that's just us. we are on the go so much at wdw, they'd be bored and probably more lonely there!

I agree! :thumbsup2 Believe me we don't live in a value home so I wouldn't mind spending a lot more to be able to bring my dogs to a newly built hotel made for pets and pet owners.

formernyer
04-02-2006, 05:28 PM
we have always either had someone house sit or put our animals in a kennel but that's just us.

I have relatives that take my dog when we go away and I just leave my cats home with a lot of food and water, but I know MANY people who are pet-obsessed and won't leave home without their pets. I honestly think a pet-friendly hotel would do very well.

newnana
04-02-2006, 06:01 PM
The main reason we have to take the pooch on most family vacations is because she takes epileptic spells when stressed. If she doesn't see at least one of us for a few hours daily, she has spells repeatedly. It has scared off 2 pet sitters already. We are going in Sept and our college age DD is going to drive back and forth from school everyday (75 miles, one way) to keep the dog calm. She's a wonderful DD. :love: