PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs question - not dvc

newmommy
04-02-2006, 02:38 PM
I have read a lot of complaints about Saratoga Springs being too spread out. We have stayed at CBR and CS before and they were fine for us. Is Saratoga Springs larger and more spread out than those two? I am trying to get an idea of just how big this place is. We are currently booked at the Polynesian, but we are thinking that the separate bedroom and jacuzzi tub in the 1 bdrm at Saratoga sounds really nice...

CDSTapisRouge
04-02-2006, 03:25 PM
We are DVC members and own at Saratoga. We LOVE it. The property is spread out but no more than Caribbean Beach or Coronado (in my opinion). If you are worried about being too far away from things, I wouldn't worry. There are many bus stops, just like CBR and CS so you are never too far away from one. The stop at the front Carraige House (pool, front desk, dining) before they head out to the parks so you can get on one by your room and get off at the front before it leaves the porperty for it's destination. When you want to return to your room from the Carraige House there is an internal bus that you can take from the Carriage House back to your building. Or you can go across the street to the first bus stop on the route and take it back to the room (the front desk can tell you what bus stop that is). There are also nice walking paths through the property if you want to walk from place to place.

It is really a nice property. I love the rooms and having the extra space in a one bedroom is very nice. Makes it feel less like a hotel which I like. The only thing that I like to mention, because it is the biggest complaint on the boards from non-members is there is not a "sit down" restaurant. It is quick service. They are adding another dining location, but I don't know when it is set to open and there really has not been a lot of talk about what it will be like.

newmommy
04-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks... that helps. I am not worried about the dining options because we like to go to Downtown Disney for that. If we request a building near the main pool area and are able to get one, will it be a really long walk to Downtown Disney? Thanks again.

Deb & Bill
04-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Request a villa at Congress Park. A short walk over to DTD. SSR is really a beautiful resort.

DVC Sadie
04-02-2006, 04:35 PM
We love SSR because it has such a relaxing atmosphere. The pool is nice with a slide and a Donald Duck splash pad area. There is so much to do just at the resort itself that makes it very nice for those times when not going to a park. Have a great time. :thumbsup2

DisneyPhD
04-02-2006, 04:47 PM
It isn't so much the size SSR is now, as how big it will be when it is all completed. We stayed in the Springs and I thought that was was a good location. It was close to the main area, a short walk across the bride to the padocks (there is a cool playground there if you have kids.) We never walked to DTD from there though, but it didn't seem too far. (when you have AP you seem to spend more time in the parks.)

The pool is nice. One thing is SSR has 2 hot tubs. Poly saddly has none. :guilty:

We also found SSR very quiet and peaceful. We are going back in a few days. It was the only DVC resort with a sudio open at the time we were going, but DD (age 5 years old) is excited to be going back. She really liked the pool and the whole resort. :cheer2:

Also you will have a washer and dryer and a DVD player too.

What ever you decied will be fine. Poly is great, but if you want the extra space SSR is a great alterntive. Oh and if you want more room, OKW one bedrooms are even bigger. :teeth:

My only recomendation is you might want to consider renting a car if you fly at SSR (or OKW.) I found it much nicer to have one there. Often at Deluxes we don't rent a car.

DukeStreetKing
04-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Also you will have a washer and dryer and a DVD player too.

Just an FYI - studios do not have have W/D or DVD players.

DisneyPhD
04-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Just an FYI - studios do not have have W/D or DVD players.

The OP was talking about getting a one bedroom so I was refering to that. :) I know what studios do and don't have all too well. We stay in one a lot to save points. :goodvibes