PDA

View Full Version : POFQ: Pros and Cons of your building?

cdrn1
04-02-2006, 01:46 PM
For those of you who have stayed at POFQ: which building were you in and what did you like about it? What did you not like about your location? TIA!

MyGoofy26
04-02-2006, 02:54 PM
We stayed last December in building 1 and LOVED it. It wasn't more than a 5 minute walk to the pool and main building. We had a standard view but unless you pressed your face to the glass and looked to the far right towards the parking lot, all we could see was grass and the water. It was VERY quiet. Only once did I see our "neighbors" and never heard a peep the entire trip. VERY peaceful. The whole resort seemed very quiet, but not as quiet as our section, LOL.

The only con I can think of is that the 5 minute walk seems longer in a downpour, LOL.

dixiedizfan
04-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Even though we had requested Building 5 or 6 (which was noted on our reservation) they stuck us in Building 7, which is the furthest one out. But even so, we were no more than a 5-minute walk from the foodcourt, and the bus stop was a couple minutes' walk around the back. The postive thing about this resort is that everything is close by. The negative we had was noisy neighbors late at night; not much soundproofing in those walls!

cjsmom5
04-02-2006, 03:40 PM
We like Bldg. 5. It is in the center of the resort. There are no parking lot views from this building. It is close to the river, pool, food court, bus stop, etc. A very nice location.

The only con is if you have a pool room and there are teenagers out there late at night...sometimes you can hear them. But, we simply asked the front desk if they could send security by (11pm) and remind them we had kids sleeping. The noise went away and all was fine.

disgram
04-02-2006, 04:56 PM
There is no "bad" building at POFQ!! We love building 4 as it is just a skip and a jump to the bus stop and to the food court. We try to get the northside second floor. There is a beautiful courtyard just outside and even in the hottest part of the summer, it seemed cooler on the walkway outside the room. In the morning it is a short walk to the coffee and the fresh benigets!!! Can you tell we :love: POFQ!!!! :wizard:

cruiserkaren
04-02-2006, 05:03 PM
We were in building 2 with a view of a fountain/courtyard. It was great, corner room, no complaints what-so-ever! Have a great time.

DebIreland
04-02-2006, 05:33 PM
We were in Building 4 for five nights.

PROS:
Near food court (right next door!) so easy for dining and refilling those mugs.
Near pool
Near check-in
Near bus stop
Near laundry room
Gorgeous landscaping outside.

CONS: None at all!!!

magsmom
04-02-2006, 07:17 PM
We have stayed in buildings 4 and 6.

Ditto from Deb. They were both great.

Kimmielee
04-02-2006, 07:39 PM
We too, like one of the other posters, had building 7. We had the corner room, third floor, which is the very furthest point of the entire resort. Being that I was walking with a 4 year old at the time, it took no more than 10 minutes to get anywhere on the property. It was awesome!!!

Had he been older, the walk would have taken less time than that!! There truly is not a bad location in this resort. My all time favorite!!! :cloud9: :love:

momfor4
04-02-2006, 08:02 PM
do they have the pool with the big dragon/alligator over it? I am sure my kids would love it!

Kimmielee
04-02-2006, 08:19 PM
do they have the pool with the big dragon/alligator over it? I am sure my kids would love it!

Yes, that's the one. I think it's supposed to be Neptune? My DS loved it!! I even went down it too!

bntlyclg89
04-03-2006, 12:33 AM
We've stayed in both building one and seven (the furthest away from the main building) and loved them both. The room we had at the Grand Californian was further away from the lobby than our rooms at POFQ were from the main building!!! This is a great resort.