PDA

View Full Version : No towel animals for us

torinsmom
04-02-2006, 08:14 AM
We got back on Friday from 5 nights at Pop, and we didn't even get one towel animal! I know its not guaranteed, but it was our (DS11 and me) first time staying on-site, so we were really hoping we would get one. It was just me and him and we left a $5 tip each day in a cute little envelope. I cleaned up any messes, so the mousekeeper had only to pull up the bedding and clean the floor and bathroom(which I had also wiped down) I was just really sad, especially the last day we came back to our room. In our building, there were none in the windows, but in the next section, almost everyone had 1-2 sitting there. Is it just more common in some sections that others? Because next time I will request a section if that makes it more probable that we would get a towel animal.

Marsha

Allison
04-02-2006, 08:29 AM
The cleaning person's job is to clean the room and move onto the next. As long as they do their job correctly, nothing else should be expected.

There is no section to request to increase your chances of getting a towel animal. It just depends on the person cleaning that day and what they choose to do.

mickey@dvc
04-02-2006, 08:30 AM
I'm so sorry, really. That happened to us too, but one day I left a little note asking if the mousekeeper could leave a couple of towel animals for the kids. When we came back, they had left 4 towel animals. So on your next onsite trip, make sure to just ask if you really want some. Thats my advice! :)

jtovey56
04-02-2006, 08:31 AM
It all a matter of who you get for Houisekeeping. We've been three times as a family and did all that you said, cleaned up, tip in cute disney envelope, even left a buddy or two behind thinking they might get company, and we've NEVER gotten a single towel animal.

DebbieB
04-02-2006, 08:33 AM
It probably depends on if the housekeeper knows how to do it and if she has time. I don't think there's a "towel animal" section, it's just luck of the draw. I've stayed onsite many many times and only recall towel animals a couple times. Sorry you were disappointed, but I would not expect to get them.

LindsayDunn228
04-02-2006, 08:33 AM
The cleaning person's job is to clean the room and move onto the next. As long as they do their job correctly, nothing else should be expected.

There is no section to request to increase your chances of getting a towel animal. It just depends on the person cleaning that day and what they choose to do.

I agree. I got a few towel animals on my last trip. I was pleasantly suprised, but it wasn't THAT big of a deal. As long as mousekeeping cleans the room, that's all I care about.

lovmy2girls
04-02-2006, 08:37 AM
We have stayed at the CSR and got towel animals, and when in staying at the Poly, got towel animals in the Tahiti longhouse, never in Fiji first floor. I think it is the just the mosekeeper, either she does or doesn't. Oh, and I always leave a generous tip, and it didn't matter. Its just up to the mousekeeper :sad2: they have a tough job.

I tell ya what I did notice. I forgot a couple of times my tip and when I returned, no EXTRA towels and washcloths. When I returned mid day for a nap, I would always hunt her down and hand her the envelope. But when I left the tip in the morning before we left, always lots of extra towels.

formernyer
04-02-2006, 08:42 AM
I stayed at ASSp this past week. We only had three nights at the hotel. When I checked in there were no animals there, so the next morning I left a note when my kids weren't looking. I asked that she please leave a couple of extra towels and shampoos because we didn't have enough. Then I let her know that I was traveling with two kids and it would totally make their day if she could leave a towel animal for them. I also made sure I added a comment about how I'd be sure to leave her a nice tip. When we got back to the room that night I had TEN shampoos, TEN of each kind of soap, TEN towels, a teddy bear towel animal, and an octopus towel animal. Both of the animals came complete with eyes, nose, mouth, decorations, and even mickey mouse ears. The other towels in the room were shaped into seashells. My kids were AMAZED at the animals...they were sooooooooooo excited when they saw them.

A few rooms down from me I saw a basket made of hand towels on display in the window. Inside the basket was some sort of animal, although I'm not sure what it was. The basket looked pretty cool. I don't know if that person asked for the animals or if the Mousekeeper just did them on her own.

Once we're talking about towel animals I have a question...

Are we expected to leave them in the room or is it acceptable to bring them home? We took ours but I wasn't sure if I was doing the wrong thing.

torinsmom
04-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Oh, I definitely know you shouldn't expect it, and I kept leaving the tip, but my son is old enough to have heard about the towel animals, so we were both hoping. Even though I knew it probably wouldn't happen, I still had that dream. I never thought of leaving a note; I guess I thought that would be tacky. Our mousekeeper did clean the room well, and kept replacing the Mickey soap and shampoo that I was stashing in my bag to take home. I wish they SOLD the darn towel animals, and I would have gladly bought one, LOL.

Marsha

DVC Sadie
04-02-2006, 08:56 AM
I stayed at ASSp this past week. We only had three nights at the hotel. When I checked in there were no animals there, so the next morning I left a note when my kids weren't looking. I asked that she please leave a couple of extra towels and shampoos because we didn't have enough. Then I let her know that I was traveling with two kids and it would totally make their day if she could leave a towel animal for them. I also made sure I added a comment about how I'd be sure to leave her a nice tip. When we got back to the room that night I had TEN shampoos, TEN of each kind of soap, TEN towels, a teddy bear towel animal, and an octopus towel animal. Both of the animals came complete with eyes, nose, mouth, decorations, and even mickey mouse ears. The other towels in the room were shaped into seashells. My kids were AMAZED at the animals...they were sooooooooooo excited when they saw them.

A few rooms down from me I saw a basket made of hand towels on display in the window. Inside the basket was some sort of animal, although I'm not sure what it was. The basket looked pretty cool. I don't know if that person asked for the animals or if the Mousekeeper just did them on her own.

Are we expected to leave them in the room or is it acceptable to bring them home? We took ours but I wasn't sure if I was doing the wrong thing.

We receive towel animals a lot and would not take any of them. We don;t take regular towels or washcloths either. ;)

DebbieB
04-02-2006, 08:57 AM

There was a long nasty thread on that subject awhile ago, you don't want to go there. Some said taking the towel animals is the same as stealing towels. Others felt they were a gift which you were free to take, which I think the hotel told them.

cobbler
04-02-2006, 09:00 AM
That is part of the Disney magic. It's always a nice surpise to get one but not a huge deal if you don't. In all our trips I think we have received a towel animal once.

formernyer
04-02-2006, 09:13 AM
I don't take regular washcloths either, but this is a little different.

I don't care who wants to flame me...I know already that most of the people on this board wear halos.

If anyone wants to flame me some more, I'll give you the ammunition...We stayed at ASSp, but we made a trip to POP on the day we checked out and filled the refillable mug there!!! I guess I just got lucky this trip, because nobody hauled me off to jail.

WAHMto5
04-02-2006, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear that. Even though they are not expected, they are nice. We stayed in the FW Cabins and had new ones everyday all over the cabin! The kids really looked foward to coming back afer a day int he parks to see what was left! They are a neat addition.

lovmy2girls
04-02-2006, 10:37 AM

I don't know how it happend but our Monkey towel animal wanted to come home with us, he jumped in our suitcase when we were not looking! :lmao: He's been hanging around on our laundry room door knob ever since!

ADisneygirl
04-02-2006, 11:45 AM
We've been to WDW many times and have only had towel animals left a handful of times at different resorts. I would guess maybe 10% of my visits. The only place you are going to get a towel animal every single night is on the DCL. We've been on that twice now and each night every passengers room gets a big one left. We were always impressed, but the service and attention to detail is excellent aboard the Disney ships.

Sorry your son was disappointed, but next time maybe mention that only a few mousekeepers know how or care to make them. Then he won't expect them.

treehugger
04-02-2006, 12:12 PM
My sister's children were so look forward to getting towel animals for their upcoming trip that it was stressing her out. She tried to explain to them that the mousekeepers are very hard working people and there was a possibility that they would not get any. They did understand. So, instead of leaving it to chance I recommended this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0740755633/ref=sr_11_1/102-6277530-4343361?%5Fencoding=UTF8

After some pratice (without letting the kids see), my sister now is a pro! Nothing like making your own magic!

jann1033
04-02-2006, 12:12 PM
we did get a kind of puny towel animal/ soap dish when we stayed at pop but that's the only one we got there and not really even sure it counts cause we couldn't figure out what it was:) we got one animal ( elephant that i promptly dropped and couldn't get back together so hubby never saw it undamaged) and some cute little clam shell soap dishes other times but like some one said it's more often we don't get them than get them. it just depends on who you get. we left tips, thank you notes and got nothing lots of other times :)

that is the problem with boards like this...we start to "expect" the " unexpected"..oh btw, my towel animals hung around the room til we left then returned to the big Disney old towel animal recycle place- where ever that is :)

petrymom
04-02-2006, 12:26 PM
I am sorry that you didn't get any towel animals.

On our first trip to disney, we knew about the towel animals, but I completely spaced one out until I pulled it apart and suddenly realized what it had been!!!!!

We stayed a POR and the mousekeeper that we had was ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL. We were very lucky. DD5 (at the time)brought an animal to sleep with from home and also wond two stuffed animals playing a game at AK. We would come home to her stuffed animal waiting for us in the window or propped specially on the bed.

On our last night there, they were all watching TV. I walked into the room and the TV was on. I suddenly thought "oh no, did I forget to turn off the TV?" Then I realized the Mousekeeper did it!!!!! The last morning our mousekeeper came to kclean while we were still there. I couldn't say thank you enough to her. It made our trip extra special.

I hope you have better luck next time you go!!!!

DisFlan
04-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Disney keeps all kinds of data and info on guests. I wouldn't want to be listed as "Prefers king bed, water view and steals towel animals."

DisFlan

mamacatnv
04-02-2006, 01:35 PM
We stayed 7 nights and never got a towel animal or had the stuffed things re-arranged. Oh well, that is how it goes, I did not make a big deal of it to the kids so it was not like they were "Expected", I was mildly disappointed as I saw them in windows in rooms around us, but with all the things to see and do surrounding us it was not a big deal. We are not always the neatest vacationeers so Mousekeeping was probably busy doing their 1st priority in our room.

MamaCatNV

Foladar
04-02-2006, 01:37 PM
We received a "towel animal" of sorts at AKL, it was a towel made into a holder for your things, toothbrushes and things.

I'm not sure how these photo things work, but heres one we took:
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9598/foto3fu.jpg

It was our first time onsite, and we definitely tipped good after that!

Deb & Bill
04-02-2006, 01:39 PM
There was a thread a while back about towel animals. One DIS member contacted Disney and he was told (via e-mail) that while towel animals are a treat, they are not meant to be taken home. I think it was bicker who got that e-mail.

jann1033
04-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Disney keeps all kinds of data and info on guests. I wouldn't want to be listed as "Prefers king bed, water view and steals towel animals."

DisFlan
:rotfl2: and at check in all your towels are on really long chains connected to the holders...the famous " shackled prisoner" pirates of the carribean towel animal.

hmm last trip all the pictures were bolted to the walls... maybe they knew i snuck that mickey print into my suitcase the trip before :teeth: ;) ;)

BlueFairy1
04-02-2006, 02:43 PM
In all of our trips we have only had towel animals in our room once and that was this past summer @ CSR. We don't expect them at all and never have. It was a nice treat for our 2 10 year old girls though. We did not keep them but noticed we had different "creations" on each of our 8 days. We left a nice thank you note from the girls for the towel creations and for making our room look so nice (in the tip envelope!!). We were rewarded with lots of extra towels and huge smiles when we saw her. :sunny:

TDC Nala
04-02-2006, 03:16 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/p194124c09b4918bda94840bf26b6c108/f2cde68d.jpg

I don't think you can plan your stay around the possibility of getting towel animals. Some housekeepers use them, some don't. You might not even get them if you leave a HUGE tip every day. It's nice to get them but if you start expecting them you might be setting yourself (or the kids, which can be worse) up for disappointment.

The little guy in the picture...he hangs around my condo now. Go ahead, list me in the HUGE DISNEY DATABASE as "towel animal thief."

newnana
04-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Sometimes we did/ sometimes we didn't. We usually stay off property anymore because we need to take our "fur babies" with us. It was a nice surprise when we did come back to the room with that extra little touch. I think to make things easier and no hurt feelings it should be stopped all together or made to be a manditory thing in some hotels.

bicker
04-02-2006, 03:32 PM

Here's your official answer, straight from Walt Disney World:

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Although we appreciate your interest, please know the towel animals provided by housekeeping are for the guest's enjoyment during their visit with us.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to your visit.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Ronda

WDW Online Communications

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

formernyer
04-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Here are the towel animals my kids got:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-5/725654/towelanimals.jpg

RangerPooh
04-02-2006, 03:51 PM
We have only returned to find towel animals on a couple of trips. I do try to tidy up and leave a tip in hopes that we will return to find one, and we realize that if we don't we don't. This past trip we eagerly returned each day in hopes that we would find one, no towel animals for us. But, housekeeping did make a 'doll' for us using DD hat and shoes. It was very cute.

Tigger2252
04-02-2006, 04:14 PM
We have stayed at different moderates for the past three years in a row. I had no idea they even existed until I read it on the DIS. We never saw one until last year at POFQ. Some days there was one, other days there wasn't. I never told my family about the animals just in case. If they didn't know about it they couldn't be disappointed. Besides, we had never had them before I found the DIS, so it didn't matter to me. They were a cute addition that we photographed and left behind.

Unfortunately, it seems if people read something on the boards they sometimes take it for granted that it will happen on their trip as well. When it doesn't it takes some "magic" out of their stay. I have seen that in many posts related to towel animals, and dining experiences at the 50's Prime Time and Whispering Canyons, etc. Folks went with expectations already in place and were disappointed when their experience didn't match what they had read about. Me, I'm just so happy to be at Disney everything extra is gravy. :wizard:

DisFlan
04-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately, it seems if people read something on the boards they sometimes take it for granted that it will happen on their trip as well. When it doesn't it takes some "magic" out of their stay. I have seen that in many posts related to towel animals, and dining experiences at the 50's Prime Time and Whispering Canyons, etc. Folks went with expectations already in place and were disappointed when their experience didn't match what they had read about. Me, I'm just so happy to be at Disney everything extra is gravy. :wizard:

This is why I no longer post towel animals, upgrades, pixie dust explosions or other non-standard occurrences we've experienced at WDW. If a purely pixie-dust item becomes "demanded" or "expected" - or ripped off, it'll eventually be dropped - or, worse, be offered at an expense beyond what some folks can afford. And then it's not Special Magic anymore. When that happens, a little magic leaves the park (or resort) - and we all lose.

DisFlan

DebIreland
04-02-2006, 05:21 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid181/p194124c09b4918bda94840bf26b6c108/f2cde68d.jpg
:lmao: :rotfl2: I love it!

The little guy in the picture...he hangs around my condo now. Go ahead, list me in the HUGE DISNEY DATABASE as "towel animal thief."

Me too. We absolutely took our adorable towel bunny home with us. We weren't sure actually what to do but DH and I were chatting to the mousekeeper who did our room one day (fabulous woman, amazing rapport with kids, our baby just loved her!!!) and we asked her should we take it or leave it and she laughed at us for asking and said "of course you take it home, it's for *you* honey". So sweet! And so our bunny travelled 3000 miles with us and likes Ireland but says the climate takes some getting used to after Florida. Hmmm, maybe I'll take her back with us in October. ;)

Also, there's a whole lot of glue used in putting those things together as well as stickers and stringy/bendy thingies so it's not like they'd be made back into towels, I don't think so anyway. And it wouldn't exactly be hygienic to pass them from room to room, no way. I fully believe it is intended for guests to take the animals home.

MickeynMinnie
04-02-2006, 05:35 PM
i stayed at Pop for 6 nights and no towel animals, i didn't feel bad about it till i saw all the pics of the ones on here! It was suppensful to see if we got one, it was topic of conversation on the bus ride home at night. Next time i will leave a note and ask!! Thanks for that suggestion!

Joann
04-02-2006, 05:46 PM
This is what we got on our trip last year in may, we were there for 9 nights so averaged one every two days!I am requesting to be where our mousekeeper from last year is this year, she was great very nice and always happy!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/83029IMG_0431-med.jpg

formernyer
04-02-2006, 05:59 PM
That donkey/Eeyore one is precious. I think that's the nicest one I've seen so far.

Deb & Bill
04-02-2006, 06:14 PM
...ay. I fully believe it is intended for guests to take the animals home.

Even after this was quoted:

Here's your official answer, straight from Walt Disney World:

Quote:
Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

Although we appreciate your interest, please know the towel animals provided by housekeeping are for the guest's enjoyment during their visit with us.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to your visit.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Ronda

WDW Online Communications

There is right and there is not right.

Joann
04-02-2006, 06:17 PM
right or not right... I took mine all home as I was told to by our mousekeeper when I asked if they were to be left or taken home... she said they were ours to keep and so we did! And will again if I ask and they say yes. I have not an ounce of guilt as I didn't steal them I was told they were ours to take :cool1:

bicker
04-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Now you know better, neighbor! :)

Those mousekeepers will say anything for a better tip!

melomouse
04-02-2006, 06:30 PM
......so if mousekeeping gave you a stack of six washcloths and handtowels, folded and laundered, would you take them, too?? These are not mousekeepings towels to give away, much as they re-design them and put stickers, stringties and what-not. I've gotten these thingys on cruises for years, at WDW - with younger kids than 11 y/olds, and it just never crossed my mind to throw them in my suitcase when packing for home. But then, I never took an ashtray, beach or bath towel from any hotel in many years of travel. They are TOWELS, for goshsakes, not gifts from Disney!!!
And I agree that the expectations are really "outta control" sometimes.....

Originally Posted by Tigger225:

and from another wise DIS-er:

This is why I no longer post towel animals, upgrades, pixie dust explosions or other non-standard occurrences we've experienced at WDW. If a purely pixie-dust item becomes "demanded" or "expected" - or ripped off, it'll eventually be dropped - or, worse, be offered at an expense beyond what some folks can afford. And then it's not Special Magic anymore. When that happens, a little magic leaves the park (or resort) - and we all lose.

DisFlan

AMEN!!!::yes::

jann1033
04-02-2006, 06:43 PM
:lmao: :rotfl2: I love it!

Also, there's a whole lot of glue used in putting those things together as well as stickers and stringy/bendy thingies so it's not like they'd be made back into towels, I don't think so anyway. And it wouldn't exactly be hygienic to pass them from room to room, no way. I fully believe it is intended for guests to take the animals home.

well that explains it...mine must have been a "faux " towel animal or maybe from a novice towel animal maker cause while it had eye stickers, it was just rolled up, no glue, string ties or anything. mine didn't even make it in one piece off the bed much less to Ireland , and the clam shell ones were i figured our face cloths to use if we wanted to wash our faces since there weren't any others around :teeth:

Allison
04-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Only on the DIS will there be 42 posts about a washcloth.

I just can't believe people give it a second thought and that it actually makes them sad/disappointed/upset/etc.

It's a piece of white cloth.

jann1033
04-02-2006, 06:52 PM

"

oh the stories my poor towel elephant could have told me if only i had kept him... now he's been tossed from one dirty disney goer to another... :sad: :sad:

actually that is probably the best reason any one could come up with to take them home and save them from a life of mopping up who knows what :rotfl2: ;)

It's a piece of white cloth.

yeah and Disney is only an amusement park :teeth:

torinsmom
04-02-2006, 07:03 PM
Well, it didn't occupy my thoughts all day long at Disney whether there would be an animal or not, sheesh! And it didn't ruin my trip, Disney is just too magical for that! As we walked up to our room, there was just anticipation, you know? I knew it wasn't probable, but still......We also didn't think we would get to be co-pilots on the monorail, or get a sucker from the Japan candy lady, and those things were pure magic. Next time, I will leave a note and see if just maybe they will leave us one.

I actually found a site that gives directions on how to make some towel animals. Maybe next time, I will leave one for the Mousekeeper! LOL

Marsha

DebIreland
04-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Even after this was quoted:
There is right and there is not right.

:) Thanks, but a quote on a message board means far less to me than a direct conversation with the mousekeeper herself.

It's not right? It's perfectly right. We asked, we got an answer, we put the thing in the case - case closed, literally and figuratively. :thumbsup2

formernyer
04-02-2006, 07:21 PM
:) Thanks, but a quote on a message board means far less to me than a direct conversation with the mousekeeper herself.

It's not right? It's perfectly right. We asked, we got an answer, we put the thing in the case - case closed, literally and figuratively. :thumbsup2

Don't let it get to you. Many of the veteran posters on this board wear halos. They have taken on self-appointed roles as WDW police and feel it necessary to flame anyone who ever posts about taking a towel animal, refilling a mug at a hotel other than the one they are staying in, making a return trip to WDW with the same refillable mug they used last time, using a child DDP credit for an adult meal, pretending a 10-year old is 9 for reservation purposes, allowing a 5th person to sleep in a 4-person room, etc., etc., etc.

When people like me call them on this behavior, they always respond with something like, "No, I certainly don't wear a halo, but I also don't condone stealing."

Is it against Disney policy to do the type things I mentioned above? In most instances, yes. Do most people do things like that at some point or another in their life? Yes. Would most Disney employees care, even if you walked right up to them and told them you were doing it? No.

Best to just make up your own mind about what you feel comfortable doing and not bother posting about it.

I make comments from time to time (like my question in this post) just to see how many people will try to flame me. Honestly, it's sad that so many people have nothing better to do with their time than try to act as Disney Police.

tkldisney
04-02-2006, 07:36 PM
We've been to WDW I don't know how many times, staying in deluxe, moderate & value and have never gotten a towel animal. We do tip mousekeeping too! Just depends on who you get cleaning your room!

DebIreland
04-02-2006, 07:44 PM
We also didn't think we would get to be co-pilots on the monorail, or get a sucker from the Japan candy lady, and those things were pure magic.

Sounds great Marsha!! Hope you had a really good time at WDW! Fingers crossed for towel animals next time! I wouldn't even attempt to make my own - wouldn't want to scare the kids at the freakish creations. :teeth:

Allison
04-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I make comments from time to time (like my question in this post) just to see how many people will try to flame me. Honestly, it's sad that so many people have nothing better to do with their time than try to act as Disney Police.

Okay, I'm sorry but I have to laugh at that. You are talking about people having nothing better to do with their time than to act as Disney Police, yet you spend your time making up comments to get people to flame you. Hmmm...is one any better than the other?

This thread and the West Wing are certainly providing good entertainment on a Sunday evening.

formernyer
04-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Okay, I'm sorry but I have to laugh at that. You are talking about people having nothing better to do with their time than to act as Disney Police, yet you spend your time making up comments to get people to flame you. Hmmm...is one any better than the other?

You've actually got a good point there :rotfl2:

Allison
04-02-2006, 08:12 PM
You've actually got a good point there :rotfl2:

The best part is you have a good sense of humor about it. :p I'm just giving you a hard time-no malice intended. ;)

Have a great night.

DebIreland
04-02-2006, 08:14 PM
Don't let it get to you.
Thank you! :thumbsup2 It doesn't get to me... it's fun in a very absurd kinda way. :)

Tinkwantabe
04-02-2006, 08:18 PM
This is a great item for the hotels - I wonder why they just dont sell them if they dont give them to all the guests with children. I will be sure to ask for some when I get there and leave extra for the mousekeeper thanks for the information :wave:

tiggergirlinMI
04-02-2006, 08:20 PM
These posts always amuse me, I go to a Disney resort and am thankful I am lucky enough to stay there. We have never gotten towel animals, nor do I care if we do or not. We just got back from the CR Tower and for 6 nights got no animals, nor did I expect them. I have to laugh when people don't get them and then are saddened or upset by that. It's Disney World, be happy that you are lucky enough to stay there and enjoy what you do get and have when you are there!!! Happy thoughts to all!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Joann
04-02-2006, 08:21 PM

Actually I am from Burlington Ontario Canada :) and I asked after the fact at the end of our stay, the day before we were leaving if we could keep them.

MeloMouse ummm no I wouldn't, and thats your perogative to not take the towel animals I asked for my kids as they wanted them and was told by all means they can come home with us. Like others have said why do so many people on here get their undies in a bunch over the silliest things like towel animals and refill mugs like others have said?? Its not like taking a few towel animals are gonna make Disney go broke :confused3 They make enough money of everyone to worry about that. We would not have taken them home if told no. There is more important things in this world to worry about then who is taking towel animals home or refilling their mug from the year befores mug! Is it alright to take home the extra soaps and shampoo's they give you? Hmmm if you think about it, no it is not because they are for use when there.... do people take them?? YES all the time. Silly thing to argue about if you don't want to take them then don't. :)

TDC Nala
04-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I have stayed all over WDW, I don't have kids, and I've gotten lots of towel animals (I have only kept two, don't get your undies in too big a bunch, y'all). It had to be obvious that there weren't any kids staying in the room. So I don't think it has anything to do with whether or not you have kids, whether or not you tip enough, whether you stay deluxe or value...just whether or not you get a housekeeper who happens to do the towel animal thing.

Yeah, they're cute, but I don't get the extent of the disappointment and I don't think WDW should be required to do things like 1) have them on hand to give to all rooms where there are children or 2) not give them out at all if everybody can't have one.

Somebody's probably going to come on here and say "it's not fair, you get them and you don't have children."

Tinkwantabe
04-02-2006, 10:20 PM
These posts always amuse me, I go to a Disney resort and am thankful I am lucky enough to stay there. We have never gotten towel animals, nor do I care if we do or not. We just got back from the CR Tower and for 6 nights got no animals, nor did I expect them. I have to laugh when people don't get them and then are saddened or upset by that. It's Disney World, be happy that you are lucky enough to stay there and enjoy what you do get and have when you are there!!! Happy thoughts to all!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I do not see why the nasty attitudes have to come out on these web sites.. Children dont always understand why some kids get something and others dont when they are being left by the mousekeeper. Parents dont want nor should they have to explain these things which is why if these are items that are given to some should be given to all... Better yet - just sell them in the gift shops so that parents can buy them and all this would be for not.

Stop the ugliness when ppl are expressing there feelings as we do not need to belittle ppl to have an opinion. We really should just support and enjoy

Have a great evening everyone...

Chattins
04-02-2006, 11:32 PM
That's too funny!!! :rotfl2:

FigmentGuy
04-02-2006, 11:49 PM
I would pay to always come home to cute towel animals! ...Anytime we got them, they just brightened my day just *that much more*. So cute, and fun. I like roaming the resort to see other animals folks have in their windows. I take pictures too.. hehehe.. love my towel animals...

Biscuitsmom31
04-02-2006, 11:56 PM
I'm just reading this for entertainment and wondering when the disney police are going to close this thread. They always close the good ones.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao:

plgrn
04-03-2006, 12:08 AM
Our trip in march yielded no towel animals from the mousekeeper. Every day i left a tip and a request, but no animal. One day i left the mousekeeper one I had made :rotfl2: She obviously didn't see the humor in it!

KimberlyC
04-03-2006, 12:58 AM
Our trip in march yielded no towel animals from the mousekeeper. Every day i left a tip and a request, but no animal. One day i left the mousekeeper one I had made :rotfl2: She obviously didn't see the humor in it!

That's not right! I am sure you tried really hard to make a nice little towel animal. :rotfl2: Even if it looked pathetic and didn't resemble any known animal, at least you tried. :rotfl: I think she should have taken it with her. I know if someone made me a cute little towel animal, I'd take it home with me. Its the least I can do to say, "hey I appreciate your art". ;) The same is true even if the art is crap. After all, my toddler makes crap all the time, but I say "great job" and bring it home anyway. :goodvibes

This thread has inspired me to leave a note along with my bribe... I mean tip ...in the hopes of getting towel animal art. I will ask the artist if we can take her art home because I don't want to teach my child to steal. If we receive towel art :woohoo: In the event my bribe...I mean tip...doesn't produce a towel animal I shall not be discouraged but will try again. If that doesn't work, well I just won't double my normal tip. I won't be too disappointed, there's always next time. I'll keep the hope alive. Perhaps eventually Disney will figure out that their guests have been supplementing the incomes of the starving artists in the hopes of securing these art pieces. Disney will patent the towel art and tell all artists in their employ to cease and desist from producing the art. The towel art will then be sold in all Disney stores and at Disney online. Shipping and handling charges will apply for all online orders.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

plgrn
04-03-2006, 01:02 AM
If I knew how to post a pix, I could show you my handiwork. It was a cute little snake made with only one towel. The sunglasses really made him look classy :rotfl:

jann1033
04-03-2006, 01:28 AM
Don't let it get to you. Many of the veteran posters on this board wear halos. They have taken on self-appointed roles as WDW police and feel it necessary to flame anyone

you know it's funny because i hadn't been posting on the boards for a little while and when i came back i was shocked by how many new posters have no sense of humor and really have pretty much turned lots of threads into fights...that wasn't the way it was a yr or more ago so sorry it's not the veteran posters causing the problems. i figure it's not up to me to teach people at this late date how to be honest so i rarely give my views on that type of thing, they can do what they want , i do what i want but this above, especially from this poster who admits to enjoying starting arguments was just too much to ignore. take a little glance at rule number 3 in the Faq section

DisFlan
04-03-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm just reading this for entertainment and wondering when the disney police are going to close this thread. They always close the good ones.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao:

LOL! Yup, it's entertaining. Desperate Housewives at Disney. :rotfl:

DisFlan

Allison
04-03-2006, 07:14 AM
I do not see why the nasty attitudes have to come out on these web sites.. Children dont always understand why some kids get something and others dont when they are being left by the mousekeeper. Parents dont want nor should they have to explain these things which is why if these are items that are given to some should be given to all... Better yet - just sell them in the gift shops so that parents can buy them and all this would be for not.

Stop the ugliness when ppl are expressing there feelings as we do not need to belittle ppl to have an opinion. We really should just support and enjoy

Have a great evening everyone...

You have got to be kidding. Give them to all? It's this kind of attitude that will probably result in mousekeepers being prohibited from doing this kind of thing. People will start complaining about it or start requesting to be in a towel-animal room. "If I can't have it, noone can".

Getting upset about towels animals is silly.

epcotfan
04-03-2006, 07:18 AM
I don't get the thrill of towel animals or why people would want to take them home? To me they are kind of gross considering someone in the past probably used that little washcloth to clean themselves before it was turned into a towel animal. Not a reminder I'd like to have displayed in my home. LOL.

Allison
04-03-2006, 07:32 AM
I don't get the thrill of towel animals or why people would want to take them home? To me they are kind of gross considering someone in the past probably used that little washcloth to clean themselves before it was turned into a towel animal. Not a reminder I'd like to have displayed in my home. LOL.

Yeah, I don't want to think about where that towel bunny has been either. :rotfl2:

DebIreland
04-03-2006, 08:04 AM
I probably shouldn't even post to this thread again but I do want to add one thing. When we got our towel bunny it was purposely put in between my baby's other toys as a cute, fun play-thing. And it *was* cute and fun! It wasn't a towel anymore, it was a toy now. My 1 year old adored this bunny and hugged her straight away and checked out her cool 'dress', her funny face etc. Here it is
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/DebIreland/TowelAnimalsPOFQ.jpg

Surely, in the name of all that's holy people, don't tell me that Disney intended to take this bunny away from a 1 year old girl who had been hugging it and playing with it and going to great lenths to ensure that it felt part of the gang (i.e became pals with Barney, Pink Panther and Teddy :teeth: ).

To those saying we are dishonest, I'll tell ya I find it pretty hard to imagine that Disney purposely left a cute toy out amongst our DD's other toys and then expected us to yank it away from her before gong home. "No baby, give it me now, it was there to be hugged and loved for the duration of your stay only". Pffft.

By that logic, I guess those who've been fortunate enough to receive balloons and birthday cards in their rooms should hand those back too at the end of their stay.

DaisyD
04-03-2006, 08:08 AM

The GM of the WL said we could take our towel animals home! DD wanted the set of baby ducks the mousekeeper made. When we were at the front desk I asked about buying them. The manager came out and said of course not. They are for you to keep. So we kept them! LOL!

formernyer
04-03-2006, 08:26 AM

I'm guessing that you are an adult with no children.

As an adult, I would probably just take a picture of my towel animal and then leave it in the room for the next guest to enjoy. As the mother of two children, I can assure you that most (if not all) children would want to take them home. Children don't care who might have used the towel in the past. All they care about is the cute little toy that was left in the room for them.

DebIreland - I just love that bunny. That's a really nice one.

KimberlyC
04-03-2006, 09:22 AM
If I knew how to post a pix, I could show you my handiwork. It was a cute little snake made with only one towel. The sunglasses really made him look classy :rotfl:

I would have loved it even if it looked like a log :teeth: I don't know how to post a pic either. If I did, I'd tell you how because it would be cute to see.

DISUNC
04-03-2006, 10:30 AM
Stayed @ the POP twice, both times 7 nights. The 70's section....gotz no Towel animals. The 50's section..Towels animals GALORE! The Clown was my personal favorite.
YES, we took them home, along with the extra soap & shampoo!
Suprisingly so, the kid likes them better then the (i swear) billion dollars worth of souvinears!!!

FigmentGuy
04-03-2006, 12:34 PM
My favorite has been my elephant! He was adorable. I wanted to keep him, but I didn't know how well he would hold. hahahha

Well he didnt have to go into my suitcase, he came with his own trunk!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/Disboards/MouskeepingleftStitchwithanElephant.jpg

mkandk
04-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Last time we were at DW, we camped at FW, so it's been a while since we got towel animals.

Two things:

1. People are taking these home?!? :rolleyes2

2. I rather prefer the ones that we used to get, without the eyes and glue and stuff. It was just a cool way to present your bath towel. Who needs more junk to take home...

mommykds
04-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Wow, I never even thought of taking the towel animals home. I don't let my kids bring there special bedtime toy on vacation because I am afraid they would lose them (& then they'd never go to sleep, ever!) :scared: Anyway they always use the towel animals as their "lovey" to sleep with (along with the stuffed toys we end up buying at Disney). My kids love them. Unfortunately on our last trip to POR we didn't get any. The kids were fine but we did get them each 1 new stuffed toy at the $10 shop at DTD. I wish I had taken pictures of the ones we had at CBR..those were awesome.

Aisling
04-03-2006, 03:40 PM
so if mousekeeping gave you a stack of six washcloths and handtowels, folded and laundered, would you take them, too?? :rotfl2:
I love exaggerations!

We got towel animal most days on our AKL/CR trip, and I admit I took them home, without a second thought. I guess I assumed they were special gifts. What do mousekeepers do, take off all the stickers and rubberbands and sparkles that hold some of these towel creations together and put them back in the towel pile, or do they just pick up all the towel animals left behind and stick them in the room for the next guest. Yuk.

Anyway, after we got home with our towel animals, I thought "now what do I do with them". If I decided to undo them and add them to my own bath cloth collection, then I would feel like I stole something. If I kept them as towel animals, how long would I want these things being around?? Not long! It was fun for us to come back into the room and find them there, keep them for the duration of our stay, and leave them there as a bunch of less clutter to take home with me.

By the way, our towel animals ended up in a storage suitcase, along with a bunch of other stuff I have no use for.

As for what others do, I really have no opinion. ;)

SqueakyMouse
04-03-2006, 05:41 PM
We spent the past week at POFQ and did not get a single towel animal. We also kept our room very neat. (BTW, I can't say that I was overly impressed with housekeeping at POFQ.) Many other rooms had towel animals in their windows, but we received none. Last summer at WL and last spring at AKL, we had an assortment of towel animals every day. Oh, well.

Mickey Fliers
04-03-2006, 06:14 PM
What I find really amusing is that someone would actually be willing to "pay" for towel animals in the resort store.

HELLO...you can already do that. They are called plush toys. You can even get any character you want. ;)

torinsmom
04-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Stayed @ the POP twice, both times 7 nights. The 70's section....gotz no Towel animals. The 50's section..Towels animals GALORE! The Clown was my personal favorite.
YES, we took them home, along with the extra soap & shampoo!
Suprisingly so, the kid likes them better then the (i swear) billion dollars worth of souvinears!!!

Were you in Building 1 or Building 2 of the 50's? I ask because building 1 was where we kept seeing all the towel animals. We were in Building 2.

Marsha

C.Darwin
04-03-2006, 06:34 PM
my son is old enough to have heard about the towel animals, so we were both hoping.

:confused3 where did he hear about towel animals? i can't imagine my kids sitting around discussing towel animals with their friends. heck, i doubt most boys over the age of 3 care about towel animals at all. :lmao:

Sammie
04-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Best to just make up your own mind about what you feel comfortable doing and not bother posting about it.

Well that I couldn't agree with more.

I never understand why it's OK for some to give their opinion on these topics and be declared the Disney Police, the Halo wearers, Moral Cops, etc.

But those that choose the path; of do what they want; are never labeled. Does not quite seem fair. :confused3

To anyone that cares. A maid could care less if you take towels, soap, toliet paper, it does not affect her job. The manager does care. If you truly want to ask someone in authority if you can have the towel animals ask at the Front Desk. If they say it's ok, enjoy your towel.

You don't even want to know what towels are used to make them. ;)

jann1033
04-03-2006, 07:25 PM

You don't even want to know what towels are used to make them. ;)

if you know you should spill your guts..that probably would forever end any desire for towel animals...hmm maybe really they leave them for the guests they can't stand :rotfl:

First-timer
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
we were there last month and my dd 9 reads these boards with me and that is how we first heard about the towel animals......well she would run to the room every night after the parks and look for the towel animal..... i had to explain to her that some people take many many trips and never recieve a towel animal....this was our first trip .... so i told her i really dont think we will be getting one.... then she quit running for the room and the last day of our stay she got one......... oh she was so excited!!!! here it is......http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h39/vprez/P1020696.jpg
vicki

Boston Beast
04-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Hi,
I'm usually just a lurker but thought I'd share my towel animal story as well...
We just got back from Port Orleans in early March and we were inundated with towel animals...Several each day...Everyday Rosa had new animals for us...One day she even left a Mickey Mouse and now that I think of it, I wish I took that one home...It looked so good I swear they could sell a towel Mickey and sell a million of them!!
I was so impressed, I made a special point of asking her how she did it...She preceeded to give me a lesson on how to...
If you're reading this Rosa, thank you for a great visit!!!

DISUNC
04-03-2006, 08:31 PM
Were you in Building 1 or Building 2 of the 50's? I ask because building 1 was where we kept seeing all the towel animals. We were in Building 2.

Marsha

Not sure....It was the TRAMP bldg facing he lake. Hope this helps.

Sammie
04-03-2006, 10:04 PM
if you know you should spill your guts..that probably would forever end any desire for towel animals...hmm maybe really they leave them for the guests they can't stand :rotfl:

Well let's just say you won't see me taking any home in my suitcase. ;)

MickeynMinnie
04-03-2006, 10:28 PM

Marsha

I just returned from disney and we stayed at the pop. we were in the 50's as well, in building 1 ,2nd floor, and we didn't get any towel animals. I did see them on the first floor... they all look so cool!!!! I'm jealous that i didn't get one.... But its not the end of the world! :) just have to wait till next time!!! ;)

ppony
04-03-2006, 10:33 PM
I've only gotten towel animals once and that was once in a 10 day stay at the Poly Concierge a few years back. And we tipped every day. They did other cute things but I thought the little towle bunnies were adorable and I didn't know they did them so it was cute. But i've never gotten them elsewhere ever. Maybe next time. :confused3

Pedler
04-03-2006, 11:35 PM
When we stayed at WL DS6 brought his favorite stuffed animal along with him. It was myself, DW, DS6 and DS8. So... when we came back to the room for a break on our first day at MK there was a towel animal arranged with DS6's fluffy duck. We all thought it was pretty nice. While we were out that morning DS6 got a pirate hat at POTC. That night the kids each got a stuffed toy. DS6 got a sorcer Mickey and DS8 got Stitch.

So... then another day when we came back to the room for a break there was a towel person, for lack of a better description, wearing DS6's pirate hat, and hugging DS6's sorcer Mickey with one arm and his fluffy duck in another. DS8's stitch was just left to the side. DS8 was not too happy a camper. Aside from the usual sibling rivalry this put him over the edge. There was one other towel animal that we got somewhere in between there there that was also "playing" with DS6's stuff.

Anyhow, the next day DS8 got a set of Stitch hands. This time thinking quickly when we got back to the hotel for a break I went upstairs ahead of the family while they were checking out the gift shop. No towel animal that day so I quick used two towels to make up arms for the stitch hands to seem like they were reaching out from under the pillows. Yes, I know it is cheating but DS8 was feeling a bit left out. Anyhow that made DS8 happy and help keep the peace between them.

Pedler
04-03-2006, 11:45 PM
:confused3 where did he hear about towel animals? i can't imagine my kids sitting around discussing towel animals with their friends. heck, i doubt most boys over the age of 3 care about towel animals at all. :lmao:

Maybe most don't but I do know one 6 year old that does. His fluffy duck from home wasn't lonely in the room while we were out at the parks. :goodvibes

These were 3 days in a row.

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1025/2/28/9/74/34/2/234740928203_0_ALB.jpg
http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1353/2/28/89/88/2/8/802888928203_0_ALB.jpg
http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1350/2/38/63/56/64/1/164566338203_0_ALB.jpg

cstraub
04-03-2006, 11:54 PM
I probably shouldn't even post to this thread again but I do want to add one thing. When we got our towel bunny it was purposely put in between my baby's other toys as a cute, fun play-thing. And it *was* cute and fun! It wasn't a towel anymore, it was a toy now. My 1 year old adored this bunny and hugged her straight away and checked out her cool 'dress', her funny face etc. Here it is
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f258/DebIreland/TowelAnimalsPOFQ.jpg

Surely, in the name of all that's holy people, don't tell me that Disney intended to take this bunny away from a 1 year old girl who had been hugging it and playing with it and going to great lenths to ensure that it felt part of the gang (i.e became pals with Barney, Pink Panther and Teddy :teeth: ).

To those saying we are dishonest, I'll tell ya I find it pretty hard to imagine that Disney purposely left a cute toy out amongst our DD's other toys and then expected us to yank it away from her before gong home. "No baby, give it me now, it was there to be hugged and loved for the duration of your stay only". Pffft.

By that logic, I guess those who've been fortunate enough to receive balloons and birthday cards in their rooms should hand those back too at the end of their stay.

Never thought ot like this but your right! You can't give a child one of these and then leave it behind. You walk through door to your room and the kiddies think they've won some sort of jackpot and then you tell them they can't take it home! Not!

I was convinced before that Disney intended for these little critters to be taken home. After reading this post I'm doubley convinced and there is just no argument against what you are saying. It makes perfect sense!

torinsmom
04-04-2006, 05:28 AM

He has had friends tell him about receiving towel animals on their trip or cruise, both boys and girls. He knew about them when we went to WDW when he was 6, but we stayed off-site. I think it was more about it being a special thing that COULD happen. I told him it probably wouldn't, but you know kids. He wasn't devastated or anything, just disappointed.....

Marsha

formernyer
04-04-2006, 06:33 AM
Maybe most don't but I do know one 6 year old that does. His fluffy duck from home wasn't lonely in the room while we were out at the parks. :goodvibes

These were 3 days in a row.

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1025/2/28/9/74/34/2/234740928203_0_ALB.jpg
http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1353/2/28/89/88/2/8/802888928203_0_ALB.jpg
http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1350/2/38/63/56/64/1/164566338203_0_ALB.jpg

i love that towel person...adorable

jann1033
04-04-2006, 08:15 AM
No towel animal that day so I quick used two towels to make up arms for the stitch hands to seem like they were reaching out from under the pillows.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: good idea and quick thinking but that would have given me a lifetime of nightmares and having to obsessively check under the bed before i went to sleep every night for the rest of my life thinking some arms were going to reach out from under my pillow to grab me :rotfl2:

DisneyGirl
04-04-2006, 08:38 AM
The animals were intended to be taken home. They are made from old towels and washcloths that can no longer be used as towels and washcloths.

They do not take the animals apart and reuse them as towels and washcloths.

They do not give "used" animals to other people. That would be unsanitary, and could result in a health violation.

DebIreland
04-04-2006, 10:38 AM
I was convinced before that Disney intended for these little critters to be taken home. After reading this post I'm doubley convinced and there is just no argument against what you are saying. It makes perfect sense!

Thanks. :)

Nancyg56
04-04-2006, 12:12 PM

Kinda harsh, doncha think? I read all over these boards that tips do not ensure a towel animal, yet this insinuates that a mousekeeper can be bribed.

I thought about this, because it seems to be a big debate, and I really do believe that if one is told that the little animal can be considered a gift, that is true. Disney empowers CM's at all levels to throw a bit of pixie dust around, free upgrades upon check in, lighted ice drinks from CM's who think the little Princess needs a treat, cupcakes at dinner for birthdays, fast passes from groundskeepers, and on and on and on... Why would anyone think that a CM who cleans rooms cannot give a gift when others at all levels are given the opportunity to provide a little magic?

Disney is one huge marketing machine, and while I believe that there are those who may stretch the generosity of this company, I think that all of the tokens given are given to ensure repeat business. Noone accuses the lucky individual who is upgraded to Savannah view of theft if the upgrade is not paid for, yet to give a kid the towel animal that a nice mousekeeper left in the room is stealing. Noone accuses the CM who gave the upgrade of trying to snag a hefty little "thank you" but the mousekeeper is trying to get bigger tips. I just do not understand.

formernyer
04-04-2006, 12:21 PM
The animals were intended to be taken home. They are made from old towels and washcloths that can no longer be used as towels and washcloths.

I tend to think you are completely correct here. I hadn't thought about the possibility that there was a special towel-animal-only stash of linens, but it makes perfect sense. I'm more convinced than ever that the animals are meant to be taken home if the guest so chooses.

(1) It would be upsetting to many kids to have to leave them behind. Disney is not in the business of doing things which make kids cry. If they were, they never would have gotten rid of the Villians character meal (which I sooooo wish they would bring back).

(2) The re-use of towels which previously contained glues and other adhesives could possibly be some sort of health code infraction. I'm not sure about this, but I wouldn't be surprised.

(3) Upon closer inspection of the towel animals I received last week, I can clearly see pulls in the washclothes. I seriously doubt Disney would have used shredded towels in the guest rooms.

Here's the pic I posted earlier...you can see the pulls

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-5/725654/towelanimals.jpg

Deb & Bill
04-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Just another "Ignore what someone got in writing from Disney and listen to the general public on the DIS" thread. :rolleyes:

DVC Sadie
04-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Can you imagine if all 90,000 disboard members took all of the towel animals home? I wonder how long WDW would continue to have towel animals if everyone felt as if they could take them home. Just something to consider, thays all.

DisFlan
04-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Just another "Ignore what someone got in writing from Disney and listen to the general public on the DIS" thread. :rolleyes:

Yup.

DisFlan

DaisyD
04-04-2006, 02:20 PM

I don't know. I think I'd rather listen to what the manager at the WL before listening to someone I do not know online. The manager said they are to keep and I believe him. :thumbsup2

Rowlf
04-04-2006, 03:38 PM
Don't you think that possibly they wouldn't dare tell you to your face to leave them there, even though you should? Honestly, what are you going to do with towel animals at home????

I have a hard time believing how people get so worked up about freaking towel animals.

KimberlyC
04-04-2006, 03:57 PM

I have noticed that you can't rely on a lot of Disney e-mails. So many are regurgitated form responses that don't really answer the question that was asked. Here's a recent example: I sent an email to the official Disney store asking about personalized t-shirts. According to the website, you have to use the full name of the park and the words "at" or "in". I emailed asking could I use "to" instead, as in "John's first trip to Walt Disney World". It was a simple, straightforward question. Well I got a reply email that simply regurgitated what clearly I had already read on the website. Needless to say, Disney lost a sale on that one because I don't need the hassle.

The e-mail bicker got strikes me as the same type of regurgitated form response that refers to some inapplicable policy. Sure that may be the reponse if someone asked if they were allowed to take the regular towels home or complimentary robes that may be provided, but who in their right mind would re-use towels that have been glued together, stickered to death, turned into a doll/animal and left with the compliments of the mousekeeper?

And as for what would happen if everyone took their towel animals home? Nothing. They can't re-use them as they've been glued together and stickered to death. They can't give them to another guest without washing them and they can't do that because they've been glued together and stickered to death. What's the difference if they hit your suitcase or the trash? And all 90,000 disers doen't receive towel animals. This thread would be much shorter if they did.

DISUNC
04-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Can you imagine if all 90,000 disboard members took all of the towel animals home? I wonder how long WDW would continue to have towel animals if everyone felt as if they could take them home. Just something to consider, thays all.

I really think Disney would be more concened about WHO IS MAKING ALL THESE TOWELS ANIMALS (90,000) and NOT cleaning the rooms! :teeth:

REALLY its FINE to take them! I have been going for years and Disney has always had a habit of giving out little gifts to children. Mine had recieved, stickers, pins, little plastic figurines. Heck I even know adults who recieved them.

I can't believe anyone would NOT take them home.

Nancyg56
04-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Don't you think that possibly they wouldn't dare tell you to your face to leave them there, even though you should? Honestly, what are you going to do with towel animals at home????

I have a hard time believing how people get so worked up about freaking towel animals.

Okay. Most people are not worked up about towel animals. I am not worked up about them either. We were told to take them home, and I put the two little towel ducks in the bathroom at home. Now, my DGD sees them each time she goes into that room, and talks about her stay. When can she go back? Remember them in the room? Will Pa and Nana come with her? Needless to say, we are going back, the marketing strategy worked, total cost to get us back perhaps 50 cents. I would say that the mgr would have no problems telling a customer to leave them behind if it hurt the bottom line. No, I think that they are all part of making the stay a happy one, and if a child enjoys a little treat, and this is an incentive to bring a family back, well it works.

LakeAriel
04-04-2006, 04:46 PM

DisFlan

You are both so right! If there were towel animals every day, every visit, there would be no magic about them. How could a child at DISNEY WORLD be disappointed because there was no towel animal? The experience being there is magic in itself! :wizard:

disneyfan67
04-04-2006, 05:45 PM

The more I think about that statement the more I could see Disney saying enough and outlawing the practice. I never even heard of Towel animals until I started surfing this site. In my 4 trips to WDW, I only recieved one, and that was at AKL. It may be important to some and I won't poke fun at you for wanting it, but it wouldn't spoil my vacation if I didn't get one.

My main concern is a super clean room with a spotless bathroom and fresh sheets on my bed. Everything else is bonus, IMO.

torinsmom
04-04-2006, 06:34 PM

If they are old washcloths and towels that can no longer be used, I am assuming they would otherwise be thrown out, right? So what is the harm in keeping them? Do they unfold them, take the stickers and stuff off and make another towel animal for someone else?

jann1033
04-04-2006, 06:42 PM

They do not take the animals apart and reuse them as towels and washcloths.

They do not give "used" animals to other people. That would be unsanitary, and could result in a health violation.

it could be different since this was at vero beach but the one i got was not from old towels( it fell apart so i could see them and they were just like the ones in the bathroom) nor were they glued so by removing the little stuck on eyes, it would have be reusable, no problem...same with the little clam shell ones, new usable washclothes(i used them so i should know :) ).. wdw might be different but that was the case when we were at vero

fitzperry
04-04-2006, 06:51 PM
I can't believe anyone would NOT take them home.

Are you kidding? The LAST thing I need in my house is another stuffed animal. :rotfl2: The rule in our house is that if you get a new stuffed animal, you must give away two. FTR, that would include animals of the towel variety. ;)

And I must say I'm a little confused. I sort of skimmed the last couple of pages of this thread, wondering how a thread about towel animals came to be so long, and I'm reading posts about towel animals that are glued together. :confused3 The ones we've gotten have just been folded into a shape--little birds, bears, etc. They had sticker eyes (and maybe ears--I can't remember), but they weren't glued together. Guess we're either staying in the wrong place or not leaving big enough tips.

Even if the animals were glued, however, the rule would stand! At any rate, we told our kids that the little creatures were just to decorate the room and could not come home with us. They were fine with that and have gotten along quite nicely without them.

DaisyD
04-04-2006, 09:46 PM

I offered the CM to let me pay for them. She said no. I asked for a manager. He came out and I explained what I wanted. He said no! He said that mousekeeping had management permission to make these and they were gifts. I believe him. I have my menagerie of ducks to show for it! And they are SO cute! LOL!

Joann
04-04-2006, 09:53 PM
All I know is they are cute and I took them home as I was told I could and my kids wanted them, where are they now that they are home? In a Disney shopping bag, do they stay there? Yes but are takin out time from time for memories of our trip and to show friends what was left in our room staying on property! Will I take more home if we get anymore? Yes!!! Why ?? For the memories of our trip!I have no guilt whats so ever, like they have no guilt ripping me off for over priced food and suvies! :cool1:

FigmentGuy
04-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Im gonna "undue" all my towel animals....
tie them together to form a rope.. ..
throw it out the window.. ..
and escape this thread because I can feel that its getting Uglllllly :furious: :stir: :crazy2:

stitchthesnitch
04-04-2006, 11:05 PM
you wont get towel animals at the value resorts LOL. If you want a towel animal stay at a moderate.

Drc cast member

stitchthesnitch
04-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Joann do you complain about the overpriced food at the movies? Its the same thing but disneys food is better.

DMRick
04-05-2006, 12:05 AM
We didn't have kids with us at our last trip to Pop, but we got towel animals. When we were checking out the maid reminded us to take our animals. We thanked her and said no thanks. She insisted (hmm..maybe that's why my luggage was overweight and I had to "rearrange" into my carry on). Anyway, we weren't about to stand there and argue as she was pretty insistant (all of ours, and we've gotten a lot over the years have looked like thinner wash cloths), so we took them and when we came home, we passed them onto a Diser with a small child in the house.
Years ago we offered to buy a couple when our grands were with us, but the manager at the front desk told us to please just take them.
Our maid had a lot of them premade on her cart. I'm of the opinion that she makes them on her own time, with washcloths about to expire, in hopes of nicer tips. Or maybe just to make pixidust.

LakeAriel
04-05-2006, 05:59 AM
you wont get towel animals at the value resorts LOL. If you want a towel animal stay at a moderate.

Drc cast member

Not true! The ONLY towel animals I ever got were at POP! :goodvibes

Joann
04-05-2006, 07:15 AM
Joann do you complain about the overpriced food at the movies? Its the same thing but disneys food is better.

I see you are new on here and the last 2 posts on this thread that you have written seem to be trying to start, IE: stay mod you won't get one at a Value, and what you wrote to me. Actually from what I have read there is an awful lot of people getting them at the values, and second I don't recall complaining about food prices, I was making a point as the food and suvies are over priced and they make tons of money off all of us, I don't feel bad takin a towel animal when we get them. and I never said the food was less quality then a movie theater. If I was complaining like you most likely are insinuating I wouldn't travel there every year and stay on property now would I? If you read what I wrote properly you would understand what I wrote as I have no guilt in takin them because they are pretty much payed for anyway with the prices they charge you for everything else there! They don't lose money by ppl takin the odd towel animal :thumbsup2

formernyer
04-05-2006, 07:59 AM
I see you are new on here and the last 2 posts on this thread that you have written seem to be trying to start, IE: stay mod you won't get one at a Value, and what you wrote to me. Actually from what I have read there is an awful lot of people getting them at the values, and second I don't recall complaining about food prices, I was making a point as the food and suvies are over priced and they make tons of money off all of us, I don't feel bad takin a towel animal when we get them. and I never said the food was less quality then a movie theater. If I was complaining like you most likely are insinuating I wouldn't travel there every year and stay on property now would I? If you read what I wrote properly you would understand what I wrote as I have no guilt in takin them because they are pretty much payed for anyway with the prices they charge you for everything else there! They don't lose money by ppl takin the odd towel animal :thumbsup2

ditto

DVC Sadie
04-05-2006, 09:11 AM
If they are old washcloths and towels that can no longer be used, I am assuming they would otherwise be thrown out, right? So what is the harm in keeping them? Do they unfold them, take the stickers and stuff off and make another towel animal for someone else?

I have never received a glued towel animal in over 20 stays at Disneyworld. Maybe we have been lucky not to get the old,torn and glued towel animals. A lot of times they'd make towel animals from the towels in our room so I guess I just thought they were there for our pleasure while we were staying there. Oh well. After reading all the threads about not receiving towel animals I was just curious if one of the reasons was because of the sites like the disboards are telling 90,000 people to encourage people to take them home. ;) Just something to ponder, thats all.

DisneyMommyMichelle
04-05-2006, 09:13 AM
we have gotten towel animals every time we go to WDW!!! no matter where we stay! it's pretty cool!!! we don't take them though. What would we do with them anyways? we just like to look at em and take pics of them.

DMRick
04-05-2006, 10:36 AM
I never said mine were old, and torn (my towels aren't glued, however the eyes on them are). They are just a bit thinner. Except for when they make "fancy" towels using our toothbrushes (which I now hide, because I don't want them to) and sink glass, etc, our actual animals havent' been made with our regular towels. And we certainly don't take them every time (we have twice), because I don't want them. I believe someone once gave the prices Disney pays for their washcloths, because of the volumn they purchase, and it was a pittance.
The amount of people on the Disboard who visit Disney daily, are a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of people who are there. If we all went on the same day, in the same resort, it wouldn't fill one of the values..and what's the chances that everyone on the Dis even has a trip planned, let alone going on the same day? I'm always amazed at how many people (and CM's) I meet at Disney who never even heard of this board.

I have never received a glued towel animal in over 20 stays at Disneyworld. Maybe we have been lucky not to get the old,torn and glued towel animals. A lot of times they'd make towel animals from the towels in our room so I guess I just thought they were there for our pleasure while we were staying there. Oh well. After reading all the threads about not receiving towel animals I was just curious if one of the reasons was because of the sites like the disboards are telling 90,000 people to encourage people to take them home. ;) Just something to ponder, thats all.

jann1033
04-05-2006, 10:46 AM
I Except for when they make "fancy" towels using our toothbrushes (which I now hide, because I don't want them to) .

i'm with you, the picture earlier from ak with all the personal items in it made me go "ewww, don't touch my toothbrush please"......not to throw a germaphobic slant to this other wise entertaining thread :rotfl: oh well one more hot topic to add to another :rotfl:

eeyore45
04-05-2006, 10:57 AM
At polynesian, no towel animals... at POR towel animals every day...

we kept the tiny one, the mousekeeper encouraged us "I made for you, you may keep them"

This Mickey, we didnt keep - also she covered the bed post with a washcloth, and sticker eyes, looked like a ghost (during Oct)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/angelmum3/Disney%20try/DSCN1014.jpg

The snake we didnt keep either -

[IMG]I couldnt find a pic of the tiny bunny - it was made with one washcloth, the dog as made with two towels, and was 2 pieces... the snake I think was also 2 pieces... as you can see, we bring and buy stuffed animals!! I buy them at the Disney Store, usually in the summer at clearance - $2.50 and have "Tinkerbelle" deliver them while she sleeps!! We have 2 older college boys who didnt go, so we bought them stuffed animals, every day our room just grew and grew!! lol

DVC Sadie
04-05-2006, 01:45 PM
I never said mine were old, and torn (my towels aren't glued, however the eyes on them are). They are just a bit thinner. Except for when they make "fancy" towels using our toothbrushes (which I now hide, because I don't want them to) and sink glass, etc, our actual animals havent' been made with our regular towels. And we certainly don't take them every time (we have twice), because I don't want them. I believe someone once gave the prices Disney pays for their washcloths, because of the volumn they purchase, and it was a pittance.
The amount of people on the Disboard who visit Disney daily, are a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of people who are there. If we all went on the same day, in the same resort, it wouldn't fill one of the values..and what's the chances that everyone on the Dis even has a trip planned, let alone going on the same day? I'm always amazed at how many people (and CM's) I meet at Disney who never even heard of this board.

First of all I was not directing my question to YOU. I am not talking about 90,000 people who happen to be in WDW on a single day but actually in a year. I am glad that your family enjoys towel animals 365 days a year however most people would find it unnerving. I just enjoy them while I am there but goodness gracious I surely don't need more crap at home and after visiting friends and families homes they SURELY don't need more stuff.

RustManFan
04-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I got a towel animal for the 1st time in July 2005. (10 previous trips to WDW)

This was the first time I was traveling alone and staying at WDW despite it being a business trip to another part of Orlando (actually Lake Mary). No family members along to get a chuckle at the towel !

Aisling
04-05-2006, 05:31 PM
The towel animals we've gotten were pretty elaborate, with rubber bands and glitter, as well as the stickers. I'll try to get some photos up. They were evidently made before-hand and not on the spot when the mousekeeper was cleaning the room and just felt like making a few towel animals. Does she carry glue and rubberbands and stickers around in her cart?
So does she make these on her off-time, during her on-duty time? I'm really curious. From the way these animals looked, I assumed they were made by a towel-creation person, just like they have the people in guest serviced who do the autographed pillowcases, and that the actual mousekeeper just grabbed a bunch when she started out and placed them according to her own whims.
The plainer towel-creations, like the Mickey heads, could easily be maid by the actual mousekeeper; those kind don't look like they take any skill or training to create.

Trust me, I don't lose sleep over this, I don't spend my time pondering this topic like it's the meaning of life. But doesn't it make you wonder how this thing works?

This won't get ugly; we're just having a friendly conversation. ;)

TDC Nala
04-05-2006, 06:41 PM
So, now we've broken the subject art down into two categories: fixed washcloth sculpture (FWS) and freeform terrycloth creations (FFTC).

Sotheby's catalog coming soon.

mmeads4
04-05-2006, 07:13 PM
We are going in December- our first family vacation, our first WDW trip! My children are 4 and 2 and a towel animal would be so magical. Does anyone know if OKW does this? I would like to request it and would take pictures only. I would not bring them home.
:hourglass :moped:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;54;80/st/20061203/e/First+trip+to+Walt+Disney/k/197e/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

jann1033
04-05-2006, 07:17 PM
So, now we've broken the subject art down into two categories: fixed washcloth sculpture (FWS) and freeform terrycloth creations (FFTC).

Sotheby's catalog coming soon.

they are worth more if they are signed by certain well know towel animal artisans and made with new towels ie mint condition,glue detracts from the value( of fftc, not fws natch)... info gleaned from a book i got at Borders yesterday, Towel Animal Collecting for Dummies

TDC Nala
04-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know if OKW does this? I would like to request it
If you are staying at OKW on points, you won't have daily housekeeping. If you do have daily housekeeping you can try leaving a note for your housekeeper, but PLEASE do not expect anything. Might be a good idea not to say anything to the kids.

KimberlyC
04-05-2006, 08:20 PM
Yes...still going. Page 9 and what have we learned?

Some people like towel animals. Some people don't.
Some people want towel animals. Some people don't.
Some people have gotten towel animals. Some people have not.
Some people have gotten towel animals that are glued together (FWS). Some people have gotten towel animals that lack glue (FFTC).
Some people will leave extra big tips and/or a note in the hope that they will receive towel animals. Some people will not.
Some people have children that will love the magical towel animals they receive. Some people do not.
Some people will take their towel animals home with them. Some people will not.
Some people think it is wrong to take towel animals. Some people think they are meant to be taken.
Some people have been told by CM's (or higher ups) to take their towel animals home. Some people have been told not to.
Some people think towel animals are made from useable towels. Some people think towel animals are made from towels intended to be discarded.
Some people think Disney charges enough and gets its towels for cheap and therefore isn't losing any money on the free gifting of towel animals. Some think this is no reason to take take the towel animals home.
Some people like fancy toiletry towel holders. Some people don't want mousekeepers touching their toiletries.
Some people think Disney should give towel animals to all. Some people think that giving towel animals to all will ruin the magic.
Some people will keep their towel animals forever. Some people will discard them because they already have too much crap.

Nobody's life will end if they don't receive a towel animal.

I hope I haven't forgotten anything. :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Aisling
04-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I hope I haven't forgotten anything.
wow, I think you got it all in a nutshell! :rotfl2:

Jeanny
04-05-2006, 08:55 PM
If anyone wants to flame me some more, I'll give you the ammunition...We stayed at ASSp, but we made a trip to POP on the day we checked out and filled the refillable mug there!!! I guess I just got lucky this trip, because nobody hauled me off to jail.

OH NO!!!! you filled your mugs???? you're wicked bad :rotfl2:

formernyer
04-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's towel animal

(waiting for the ethics police to response with, "thou shalt not steal.")

BlueFairy1
04-05-2006, 09:12 PM
wow, I think you got it all in a nutshell! :rotfl2:

A BIG nutshell... :rolleyes:

cstraub
04-05-2006, 09:34 PM

Some people have gotten towel animals that are glued together (FWS). Some people have gotten towel animals that lack glue (FFTC).
Some people will leave extra big tips and/or a note in the hope that they will receive towel animals. Some people will not.
Some people have children that will love the magical towel animals they receive. Some people do not.
Some people think it is wrong to take towel animals. Some people think they are meant to be taken.
Some people have been told by CM's (or higher ups) to take their towel animals home. Some people have been told not to.
Some people think towel animals are made from useable towels. Some people think towel animals are made from towels intended to be discarded.
Some people think Disney charges enough and gets its towels for cheap and therefore isn't losing any money on the free gifting of towel animals. Some think this is no reason to take take the towel animals home.
Some people like fancy toiletry towel holders. Some people don't want mousekeepers touching their toiletries.
Some people think Disney should give towel animals to all. Some people think that giving towel animals to all will ruin the magic.
Some people will keep their towel animals forever. Some people will discard them because they already have too much crap.

I love it! To each his own right?!

femail
04-05-2006, 09:40 PM
criminnettly, all, i just wanted to get on to see what everyone thought of the old key west, and the next thing i know, i'm 45 minutes into my life reading about towels!! and some are really cute, and i had to stop at page 6 cause my eyes hurt and i STILL haven't seen anything about okw... my!!! have a great night don't fight last one up turn out the light!! femail

Tricia1972
04-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Believe it or not, ten pages later (I only read about 7) I feel better!!

We stayed at CBR in Sept 2004, landing just a few hours before hurricane Jeanne! We gathered provisions and hunkered down. Believe it or not EVEN in Hurricane conditions some people in our resort still got towel animals (mousekeeping is truly amazing). We cleaned our room each day and never got a towel animal. (Though they did create a folded towel to hold our toothpaste and toothbrushes, which was nice) At first I thought it was just us and now I realize that some people just don't get towel animals and it is nothing to be taken personally. :teeth:

In Disney's database on all of us, I see that some get towel animals sometimes and not on other visits.

We're going back to Disney in Oct 2007, staying at Poly. I'll have 4 year old and a 2 year old at that time and I'll just tip mousekeeping every day and hope for the best. Worst case scenario - they clean our room, best case we get a towel animal.

zippnby
04-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Instead of "hijacking" the towel animals - learn how to make them yourself.

Carnival cruise lines puts out a great book about how to make all sorts of towel animals. (We went on a cruise in November '05). I am sure you can buy the book on their website. I have my book, and have made a few. My kids love it.

DMRick
04-05-2006, 11:32 PM
90,000 a year is even more a drop in the bucket than if they all came in a day :) But in reality, a lot of the 90,000 posters (there is that many of us now? Wow!) on this board only get to go once every few years, if that.

I'm sure lots of people find lots of stuff unnerving..but I'm not too sure too many people would, one towel animal. I don't happen to have one in my house, cause I think it's just more junk..but my grands do. I really didn't want to argue with the housekeeper, and my plane was awaiting..so we took them, with her insistance. I passed them on to another Disboard person..if she didn't enjoy it, she's welcome to toss it LOL (do ya hear me other person?). I see some people are selling them on eBay :rotfl2:

First of all I was not directing my question to YOU. I am not talking about 90,000 people who happen to be in WDW on a single day but actually in a year. I am glad that your family enjoys towel animals 365 days a year however most people would find it unnerving. I just enjoy them while I am there but goodness gracious I surely don't need more crap at home and after visiting friends and families homes they SURELY don't need more stuff.

Nancyg56
04-06-2006, 05:47 AM

Great summary!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Boncho
04-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Last year we stayed at Pop Century in the 90's. Every morning before we left to go to the parks I left a tip in an envelope and every day when we came back, the room was nice and clean and there was at least one towel animal. One day while we were there (it was my birthday) we came back to find a whole display on one of the beds - my birthday cards, balloons ( that my son and sister had blown up) and towel animals all over the bed. It was wonderful!!! I hope this year when we go, Mousekeeping has the time to make at least one towel animal; it was always the topic of conversation on the way home as to whether there would be one or not and what it would be.
My hat goes off to the Mousekeeping staff at Pop Century - they are awsome!!!! We didn't even know about the towel animals until the first day when we returned to our room and found a chicken on a hanger hanging in our window.

Jeanny
04-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Instead of "hijacking" the towel animals - learn how to make them yourself.

Carnival cruise lines puts out a great book about how to make all sorts of towel animals. (We went on a cruise in November '05). I am sure you can buy the book on their website. I have my book, and have made a few. My kids love it.

Disney Cruise Line also has classes on how to make towel animals.

Our room stewart left towel animals every day for us. When I saw Garry, I thanked him, he said "Ohhh, you like the towels animals?" and he always made special ones for us each day! some with my daughters sunglasses, some with candy's on them, etc. It was always a special treat.

MemoryMakers2669
04-06-2006, 09:48 AM
I have been 7 times now, staying at ASMo, POP, POR and AKL and we have had ZERO towel animals in all of our stays. In June of last year there were 12 of us, in three rooms at POR. My aunt and cousin were next to us, but sort of around the corner..had a different mousekeeper and they got them!

cstraub
05-07-2006, 11:10 PM
Wanted to post the towel animal we got at Ft wilderness cabins over spring break. We did not take him home.......

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1907/3/65/80/49/35/8/835498065303_0_ALB.jpg

formernyer
05-10-2006, 01:27 PM
He's really cute. I bet he's supposed to be an Eeyore, but he reminds me a lot of Mr. Snufalufagus.

Harmony
05-10-2006, 01:38 PM
On our very first WDW trip, before I'd even heard of towel animals, we got to the room after a very busy day at MK and we got a very cute towel animal.

My then 6y/o loved it. The next day, he left his stuffed Mickey in the room. When we returned, Mickey had a friend. The next day, he left his stuffed Mickey and Donald in the room. (he got a stuffed toy everyday) Lo and behold, Mickey and Donald were on a towel canoe! So cute! The next day we came back to the room to find Mickey, Donald and Goofy holding onto our curtain in a very cute, creative way.

Back then, I had no idea how badly some people want towel animals. We just "happened" to get some everyday. Since then, we've gotten a a few but no where near the amount we got on that first trip.

And ya know what made it special? The fact that we WEREN'T expecting them!

So my advice is...go and have fun. If you "happen" to get a towel animal...great! If not, that's okay too. After all, you are at DISNEY! Don't lose sight of the bigger things in life! :)

DISNEYLOVER70
05-10-2006, 01:51 PM
oh the stories my poor towel elephant could have told me if only i had kept him... now he's been tossed from one dirty disney goer to another... :sad: :sad:

actually that is probably the best reason any one could come up with to take them home and save them from a life of mopping up who knows what :rotfl2: ;)

yeah and Disney is only an amusement park :teeth:

:rotfl2: sorry, but that is freakin hysterical :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

JESW
05-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Hmmmm...maybe Disney just found a cheap way of getting rid of their old towels! (Let's make things with them that people will want to take home!)

Better watch out or mousekeeping will start making used toilet paper holder sculptures..

We have stayed many times at various resorts and we have gotten a few. Cute - we take some pictures - and we leave them. I just don't need MORE junk in my house.

Jill

CrazyChik
05-10-2006, 02:56 PM
We got loads at POP when we stayed at christmas in 2004 and they arranged my sisters toys nicely as well but when we stayed in All Star Movies last August we didn't get any either so maybe it just depends on the maid and the amount of time and rooms they have

Priorityonecb
05-10-2006, 03:07 PM
My girls know nothing of these towel animals. If we happen to get one (staying at POP and ASMo)...I will ask if we are welcome to take him/her home. If I get a yes...I will have no problem taking the little creature home with us as a reminder of a bit of Disney magic.