PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans?

SILLYANDI
04-02-2006, 05:29 AM
We are doing the land/sea in Dec and are scheduled to stay at the Caribbean Beach Hotel, but after reading reviews on several different websites, I'm having second thoughts...

We have always stayed at the Beach Club Villas, so we're kinda spoiled. Because of our large family we booked two cat 8 rooms for the cruise and therefore have a moderate hotel for the land portion. Does anyone know if they will allow us to upgrade the land portion to a deluxe hotel?
We have 4 kids- 8,7,5 & 2 at time of travel and don't really like walking (dragging) them too far. They don't do so great waiting for busses either!
Is the walking and bus situation really that bad at CB?

I really wanted to stick with the caribbean theme since we are going more for the cruise than the WDW visit, but my gut is telling me a more practical (and enjoyable) choice would be Port Orleans
Anyone out there that can make the decision for me?

warpdarkmatter
04-02-2006, 07:31 AM
i would without a doubt go por.i have stayed at both these resorts many times and me and dw agree por or pofq all the way.when i do a land and sea vacationi always book them seperately that way you get the resort you want and the state room you want and it always ends up saving you money

ADisneygirl
04-02-2006, 08:08 AM
I don't know the land/sea answer because both times we went on the DCL we booked the resort part by itself -- not a package for this very reason. We were in a GTY room (guaranteed at least in the category you booked but may be better). We ended up 2 categories higher then what we booked in a Cat 7 room with a balcony!

We wanted a deluxe resort so we had booked it seperately.

As to making your room decision, I would say POFQ. We didn't care for CBR for many reasons. Very large resort in comparison to POFQ.

Allison
04-02-2006, 08:46 AM
I have stayed at both and they are both great. However, I really prefer CBR. I think the theming is great and I really enjoyed the atmosphere.

We stayed in Aruba. It was just a short walk across the island(which is so neat) to the main building.

We had no problems with the transportation at all. We would hop on the bus that stopped at the main building in the morning after breakfast and then when we got back to the resort we just got off at the Aruba stop. It worked great.

GC&S
04-02-2006, 09:00 AM
CB has always been our favorite BUT just last week we stayed at Port Orleans - French Qtr and loved it. It's smaller, has one bus stop, we were the first to load and first to get dropped off. The food court is smaller but that's ok because it's not overwhelming. Last time we stayed at CB, they put us in the farthest pod (Trinidad) and on the second floor (with a small toddler and stroller). We will definitely be staying at PO again in the fall. Our dd loved the pool and everything is central to where you are staying.

Mouse511
04-02-2006, 10:46 AM
We have stayed at both resorts (POR twice) and really like them for different reasons. Carribean Beach is a much bigger resort. I recommend asking for a room close to the main building or you could potentially have a very long walk to the food court or main pool. There are many bus stops which is convenient and we never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus. I love the carribean feel of the resort. POR is smaller, but in my opinion has a very cozy feel to it. I think there are only a few bus stops (maybe two?), but again we never waited very long for a bus. We really liked the boat to Downtown Disney, that was a big plus for the resort. If you stay at POR, make sure you try the french toast at the food court, awesome! You really can't go wrong with either resort, both are great for different reasons.

momandseandodisney
04-02-2006, 10:49 AM
we stayed at POR last year, this year going to CBR , for a change of pace, I think you cannot go wrong with any disney mod.!

maxaroni
04-02-2006, 11:37 AM
We stayed at both and like CBR but loved POFQ....it's all personal taste, I suppose