PDA

View Full Version : ASMu questions

Lizzybee
04-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Ok the free dining pushed me right over the edge and I booked a trip for August at ASMu. I don't know much about this resort, I don't see it mentioned on here as much as others. Who can give me the scoop on this resort? I'd like to know what bldgs are best (non-preferred). How does it compare to ASMo (we stayed there August 2005). I'd also like to know any tips/tricks the ASMu experts may have for me. Thanks!
Liz

charlottebetty
04-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Hi
we have stayed 4 times at the resort. :cool1:

Jazz is the best non- prefered section (next block).

Top floor tends to be quieter.

Piano pool is the quiet pool.

If you are on a budget make use of toasters in food court but buy bread from shop rather than food court, much cheaper :thumbsup2 or even cheaper from supermarket if you drive. I had no problem toasting for a family of five 's breakfast. There's also a microwave.

Not sure how it compaires as we have only ever stayed in music.

Have a good time.

minnie61650
04-02-2006, 05:27 AM
I am 55 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe resorts do not have anything special for me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

All Star Music is my favorite.It is quieter because more couples stay there. I love staying at the Clypso building. It is closer to the pool,food court and bus stop.

Here is a site with a map of All Star Sports and All Star Music.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmap.htm
Scroll down.All Star Music is at the bottom of the page.
The Calypso buildings at All Star Music are #1 and #10 are nearest to the food court and bus stop.

The pools at The All Stars are very kid friendly.

When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools.That means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.

The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

And the Surfs up pool at All Star Sports has giant surf boards.

Here are a few pool photos.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/astar3.jpg

All Star Sports pool.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asm_pool2.jpg

All Star Music Donald pool.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asmv20.jpg

All Star Movies Mickey Pool.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asmv30.jpg

All Star Movies kiddie pool.

I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theaming is pure Disney.
My last 5 visits have been at The All Stars and this fall when we took dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 for 8 nights we stayed at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?
Have a great time at All Star Music and At Disney!!

pat fan
04-02-2006, 06:13 AM
We've stayed at the Music (2X) and the Movies and prefer the Music...so much FUN! Our last trip we offered the kids a moderate but they nixed it, they wanted the Music again :thumbsup2 As for tips,let me see......

1. Don't bother with a fridge. Just use ice form the machine and one of the recycling buckets they give you.(unless you are reallyinto recycling on vacation)

2. Milk is cheaper in the gift shop than in the food court. I don't know why, it just is.

3. If you do the "Go back to the resort mid-day for a swim" thing, do a load of luandry then.It's right by the main pool and hardly anyone uses it mid-day. At night it's a bit crazy at the laundry :crowded:

4. We always pony up for the preferred room. That Calypso green screams "HEY PEOPLE, YOU'RE AT WDW!!!!" and we just love it :bounce: :bounce: Besides, it's a small price to pay for a short walk at the end of a long day. I also agree that the upper floors are best. I've never requested it, but we have always been given it. Maybe others request ground floor to be closer to the pool...who knows.

Have a great vacation!

fostrmom2mny
04-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I've stayed at the ASMo, ASMu, and the Contemporary. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the Contemporary, but really the ASMu is my favorite, and the favorite of my children. Yes, even over the ASMovies. Love the pool. :love:
Gerri

minnie61650
04-02-2006, 10:30 PM
I've stayed at the ASMo, ASMu, and the Contemporary. Now don't get me wrong, I loved the Contemporary, but really the ASMu is my favorite, and the favorite of my children. Yes, even over the ASMovies. Love the pool. :love:
Gerri

EXACTLY!

That is the same way I feel.
We had a tower room at the Contemporary and we got to see the Castle from our balcony.
I am glad I got to exprience once.

But when I think of a Disney Resort. I think of The All Stars.

I have been visiting since 1971 when it was brand new.
Most people would think I would equate the Poly or The Contemporary with Disney.
Not Me! The Poly and Contemporary may be nice resorts but they just do not seem Disneyto me.

I love the giant icons at the All Stars. The huge Coke cups with the straws in them at All Star Sports, the Giant Buzz and Woody and the Mickey pool at All Star Movies, and the pool with Donald at All Star Music. I feel like I stepped into a Disney Movie Fantasyland when I am at the All Stars.
Now that is Disney!
When we pull up to All Stars and I see those giant icons I get the biggest smile on my face. I know I am at Disney!

For more info about the All Star Resorts Please visit my thread.

It is a FAQ about the New Family suites at All Star Music but it has lots of general information about the All Stars too.
Feel free to post a comment.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

Thanks!

Cinders Mum
04-03-2006, 02:35 AM
we love Music resort, it is not one I even considered until last year when staying at POFQ and we had a horrible time that we were offered a move to ASMusic and I was concerned as we'd only ever stayed at Movies or the Polynesian before, we were allocated a room in Jazz and the check in guy was sweet enough to comp us a fridge as we'd had such a terrible experience at FQ.

The bus lines for Music were the smallest we've encountered (and this was during free dining period so attendance was busier than normal)... Movies I know was at 100% occupancy sports I believe was around the 80% mark and Music was at around 60% .... this is our new favourite All Star resort, and next year that's where we'll be heading to no question.

Enjoy
Val
xx

ktink
04-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Well we've also decided to go back to WDW w/ the free dining. We were able to take advantage of this offer last year and it was great!! Anyway we are also thinking of ASMu. We're planning on using the savings to fly down on, crossing fingers for the $39 Southwest fare again this year. And I must say you all have convinced me that it will be ok. I get excited looking at the pics in Linda's sig. The pool at music looks great. Anyway I've just got to wait until tomorrow morning and hope we can get the free dining. Wish me luck! :wave2:

LuvAriel
04-05-2006, 09:07 AM
I too have decided to take advantage of the free dining and am staying here for the first time!!!

Just bumping this up to see if there are anymore tips or favorites to share about this resort!!!