PDA

View Full Version : Resort for toddlers other than Pop.

Belle Belinda
04-01-2006, 09:46 PM
Any suggetions on a resort for a family of four with 4 year old twins. Weve been at Pop century and we love it very much but I wanted to try something different in August since the dining plan is free I would put that money on a more luxurious resort. Other than a value resort does anyone know where we can go and stay at a resort that is fun and child oriented just like the Pop and all stars????? :sunny:

formernyer
04-01-2006, 10:02 PM
Kids will adapt and enjoy any hotel you bring them to, so if you want something more upscale, just choose what YOU like. If you are looking to please the kids, stick with the POP or All Stars...kids will prefer any of them over the mods or deluxes.

if your kids enjoy swimming, POFW or CSR might be good choices. The hotels are a step up from the values and the pools are awesome. If your kids liked all of the bright colors and "fun" stuff at POP they might miss it here, but the pool might make up for that.

Eljay
04-01-2006, 10:28 PM
Have you checked out the awesome Animal Kingdom Lodge?
It's one of the lowest priced deluxes and your kids would love to see the animals from your balcony! :sunny:

minnie61650
04-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Kids will adapt and enjoy any hotel you bring them to, so if you want something more upscale, just choose what YOU like. If you are looking to please the kids, stick with the POP or All Stars...kids will prefer any of them over the mods or deluxes.

if your kids enjoy swimming, POFW or CSR might be good choices. The hotels are a step up from the values and the pools are awesome. If your kids liked all of the bright colors and "fun" stuff at POP they might miss it here, but the pool might make up for that.

Try All Star Movies.

am 55 years old and travel several times a year. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe resorts do not have anything special for me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

Here is the map of All Movies.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/allstarmovie.JPG
The Fantasia Buildings are the preferred buildings.
The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.
It is a great place to stay .
Preschoolers love it.
It is like being in the middle of a Disney Movie Fantasyland.

The pools at The All Stars are very kid friendly.

When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools.That means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.

The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

And the Surfs up pool at All Star Sports has giant surf boards.

Here are a few pool photos.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/astar3.jpg

All Star Sports pool.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asm_pool2.jpg

All Star Music Donald pool.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asmv20.jpg

All Star Movies Mickey Pool.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a175/minnie61650/asmv30.jpg

All Star Movies kiddie pool.

Have fun at Disney!

tiggersmom2
04-01-2006, 10:40 PM
We love the Contemporary! :cloud9: They have an awesome kiddie "play area".....big water jets shooting out of a "rubberized" area instead of cement. It is great...the kids can run and run and if they fall, they won't get hurt. :)

The arcade here is just unbeliveable and the playground hooked my 3 year old like a big ol' bass.... :lmao:

dallastxcpa
04-01-2006, 10:48 PM
If you don't mind splurging a little may I also suggest Saratoga Springs Resort. It has a zero entry pool with two slides one large that runs through the rocks and a smaller one for the younger set. they also have a splash and play area with the water jets.

The hotel is a DVC resort, but Disney also rents rooms to cash guests. They have studios, one, two, and three bedrooms. I will tell you though that the one bedrooms will spoil you as they have a living area, full kitchen, a stackable washer dryer, and both a shower and jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.

Another option is the Yacht/Beach clubs. Storm Along bay is noted as the best pool on property, but I don't know if I would want to try to keep my eyes on two four year olds there. It is very large.

mrsgus06
04-01-2006, 11:10 PM
We stay at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness campground when we don't take our camper. It is myself, dd11, dd 9, dd 7 and dd 4. The campground is roomy and a different atmosphere from the other resorts. Yes, it has a kitchen, with the dining plan, you will not need. The kids have their own room and you don't have to worry about loud neighbors. The campground has a nightly sing a long/movie, daily activities by the pool, multiple playgrounds and a sort of petting zoo. They have changed it to a pony stable, but still have a few different animals. The pool is not themed, but it is large, no slides. Bingo is held on the weekends (love that one). If you rent a golf cart during your stay, the transportation is better. My kids love riding around on the cart during the day. They also take their bikes to travel on their own.

Belle Belinda
04-01-2006, 11:23 PM
thank u so much ,,,,great pics