PDA

View Full Version : How rude ~ call with resservations

anewvance
04-01-2006, 07:54 PM
My husband and I wanted to take our girls either this Sunday or next Sunday just over night in a deluxe and enjoy the pool and hotel. I called today to see if there was by any chance anything was available, hoping with a florida resident rate or passholder rate... said it pretty much just like that.

The guy laughed at me, didn't say a single word for literally 30 seconds. I said, I know it's Spring Break and busy but thought i'd try with possible cancellations or whatnot. He started to laugh at me again... I said ok, well thanks and hung up.

I don't know why it rubbed me such the wrong way, but the way he laughed and length of time he laughed, it ticked me off. Sheesh.

TooBoyz4us
04-01-2006, 08:02 PM
It would have mad me mad as well.

Try calling back and talking to another cm. I would even mention your previous rude experience.

pedro2112
04-01-2006, 08:06 PM
He didn't say anything other than laugh? That certainly is bizzare. Perhaps he was being tickled by a co-worker?

:confused3

tinkerbellmagic
04-01-2006, 09:07 PM
He didn't say anything other than laugh? That certainly is bizzare. Perhaps he was being tickled by a co-worker?

:confused3

Perhaps he was drunk? :confused3 Seriously, that is totally uncalled for, rude, and very unprofessional. And btw, cancellations DO happen. I cancelled a week at WL for this past week. Sorry you had to go through that. I'd call back. Good luck!:)

Tink

anewvance
04-01-2006, 09:32 PM
It was such a weird laugh too... like a devil evil laugh, low and long. Weird!

I'm ascared (as my dd says) to call back :scared: :eek:

CaipiraBob
04-02-2006, 05:19 AM
What a psycho. Best to just hang up when you get someone like that.

ADisneygirl
04-02-2006, 07:00 AM
That sounds nuts! Sorry a CM was so incredibly rude. Call back again. If someone is even acting like they don't know what's what or when I seem to know more then they do, I always end the call and try a different CM. If one were rude like that I'd hang up immediately.

kaysmommie
04-02-2006, 07:18 AM
What a jerk! I would call back and complain. Sometimes people cancel, so him laughing is so rude!

UrsulasShadow
04-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Even better, ask for his supervisor. If you can get the rude CM to transfer you to his supervisor, then you can more easily report him. What's the worst that can happen...that he disconnects you? Not a problem, since you would have disconnected him anyway. I did this once when I got a rude, incompetent CM on the line, and he did transfer me to Guest Services. I reported the rudeness and got treated like gold by GS.

Sleepy
04-02-2006, 09:01 AM
If this behavior is normal for him, he won't be laughing like that when he loses his job.

mjmcca
04-02-2006, 09:24 AM
My husband and I wanted to take our girls either this Sunday or next Sunday just over night in a deluxe and enjoy the pool and hotel. I called today to see if there was by any chance anything was available, hoping with a florida resident rate or passholder rate... said it pretty much just like that.

The guy laughed at me, didn't say a single word for literally 30 seconds. I said, I know it's Spring Break and busy but thought i'd try with possible cancellations or whatnot. He started to laugh at me again... I said ok, well thanks and hung up.

I don't know why it rubbed me such the wrong way, but the way he laughed and length of time he laughed, it ticked me off. Sheesh.

Which day were you looking for? and what resort? I always look online before I call and see what I can pull up for what dates and rate. for this coming weekend i see the BC on Friday night for $462.73 it is also available Saturday night as well. BW is also available those same nights at the same rate.WL is available on Friday and Saturday for $406.98 AK is available Friday for $362.38 ( savanna) and Saturday for $333.39.

I think he was most likely laughing because I doubt that there are any discounted rates left. There were none when I called weeks ago for our Easter trip.

hockeybabe
04-02-2006, 09:38 AM
I have read on these boards many times how if the Disney owned reservations centers are busy, they use overflow call centers, not owned by Disney and without disney CMs. Perhaps this person was one of those. Don't give up, call back, take the name of the next person you talk to at the beginning of the call, and keep trying until you get someone who is "Disney". :goodvibes