View Full Version : Tips for getting ressie at booked hotel (when a room might open)?

04-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I have a ressie at POFQ for May 6th - May 15. I would like to try to change this for a room at Coronado Springs, but they are booked. I've been calling every few days in hopes that a room would open up, but have had no luck as of yet. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

04-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm sure you are not alone. I'm sure if a certain resort is all booked up there are others trying also to get a room in that resort.

IMHO your best strategy is to call daily and frequently. If someone were to cancel the next caller gets the room. If you really had your heart set on it I would call a few times an hour. (Yes, I know it sounds extreme....but I'm an extreme type of person) I have been able to get in on Cinderella's Breakfast (sold out) and CBR one year when it was King only and I needed 2 bed room.

Just think about it.... if you were going to have to cancel a trip.... when would you call? First thing in the morning? At your lunch break? After dinner? Before bedtime? It can happen at any time. You will have to really get on the case now as time is getting shorter.

Call from the grocery checkout line. While waiting at the drive thru in the bank. Call on your lunch break, after dinner, at 7:15 am before bedtime. Call until you know all the phone operators' names. When ever you have a minute hit redial.

Calling just every few days probably isn't going to do it unless you just happen to get really lucky. Most of all do not give up. Remember if all else fails.... remember to call between a few days before the trip because I believe you have until 5 days or so (please someone correct me if I'm wrong) to cancel before a trip so as not to lose $. So any last minute cancellations would probably come in at that time. If that fails call on the way down to WDW and at check in ask again if they might be able to check and see if there is room at CSR. (You never know someone might have had to check out early - or been able to move to a resort they were waiting to get into)

:wizard: Good Luck in your efforts - hope you get your wish :cheer2:

04-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the advice. I think I"m going to start using a lot of minutes calling WDW. I just hope they don't keep a record of all the times that I call. :rolleyes:

04-01-2006, 07:51 PM
When I am trying to get a different resort and it has been booked, I watch the website. I usually check first thing in the AM. I put my days in one at a time and figure out what is missing. You can book what is available and watch for the missing days and call to add them when you see them. I usually try to call a couple of times a day, too just in case the website is not updated right away. So far, it has worked for me every time. Good luck!!

04-01-2006, 08:40 PM
My reservation is for the same time period also at the CSR...except for May 10th. That one night has been blocked, or booked solid, since last fall when I first started to check availability. We are doing a split stay, 4 nights at CSR, that one night at BWI, and then back to CSR. I call regularly to try to get the one night switched to the CSR but no luck. There doesn't seem to be any problem with the other nights in that time frame, only May 10th.

I am beginning to wonder who, or what, has booked up the hotel that night and whether or not I really want to be there with them. I may be better off staying with my one night at the other resort. :confused3