PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decide

vacationbound
04-01-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, I thought our plans were final and then the free dining plan came out. I can't utilitze the discount and keep our reservation at the Family Suite at ASMU. We are a family of five, so I looked into two rooms at a Value, POR, or the Contemporary (why not upgrade, is the thinking here). But, I'm torn -- there's $700 savings in choosing POR or ASMU. What would you choose?
P.S. I've been a lurker for awhile and appreciate the great advice here! :sunny:

DisneyMomx7
04-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Choose the $700 savings at POR or go for a deluxe. I wouldn't keept the Family Suite Room without the free dining. It just wouldn't be a good enough draw for me to choose it over free dining. $700 is a lot of extras - spa, wishes cruise, special souvineers etc.

minnie61650
04-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, I thought our plans were final and then the free dining plan came out. I can't utilitze the discount and keep our reservation at the Family Suite at ASMU. We are a family of five, so I looked into two rooms at a Value, POR, or the Contemporary (why not upgrade, is the thinking here). But, I'm torn -- there's $700 savings in choosing POR or ASMU. What would you choose?
P.S. I've been a lurker for awhile and appreciate the great advice here! :sunny:

I would choose a room at POR or 2 connecting rooms at the All Stars for your family.
Just think you would have 4 double beds rwo bathrooms and two tv's.
You might even be able to get a king room with a connecting standard room. Then you and dh can snuggle and watch TV while the children are in the other room.

I am kind of bummed too.
I had a suite booked for dh and I in September.
I was Soooo looking forward to staying there.
I just changed to a King room at All Star Music so we can take advantage of the free dining.

Have fun at Disney!

Disney Vacation Club
04-01-2006, 05:16 PM
I would choose POR. I have stayed there before and we loved it. It just has that good old southern hospitality theming to it. :)

vacationbound
04-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the input! I'm surprised the discount isn't extended to the suites and we also thought it was the perfect option for us and were looking forward to it. Oh well, still so many great choices! Forgot to mention, my kids are still young (11, 8, 6). Does any one think the Contemporary is worth it?

CBCit
04-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I would absolutely choose 2 rooms at a value(2 bathrooms,2TVS,2 closers,etc.) over POR. I personally have never been impressed with the Contemporary,it hasn't really been,"Contemporary" for about 20 years now. It feels very dated to me. For a deluxe I would consider AKL or WL.

goofy4tink
04-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Okay....I've stayed at Music, POR, and the CR. If I were you, with three kids, I would go with two rooms, connecting, at Music. Two tv's, 4 beds, 2 bathrooms, 2 bureaus....Yep, two rooms. You may find you're a bit cramped in POP-AB. I love it there, but not with three kids. Same with CR...love it, but I don't want to be tripping over my kids.
Save some money, book connecting rooms at Music.

silversally
04-01-2006, 06:19 PM
My daughter & I have stayed at Port Orleans Riverside 3 times, Caribbean Beach, Polynesian &, most recently, Port Orleans French Quarters. Without a doubt, French Quarters is my favorite. It is centrally located, the boat ride to Downtown Disney is VERY enjoyable, good food selection and the resort is small. I don't think you would be disappointed with French Quarters. It was renovated just last year and the rooms are very nice - each room has its own refrigerator & coffee maker. Also, the rooms are very quiet. We are going back this year and there was never a question about where we would be staying!

ptmmg
04-01-2006, 06:23 PM
I have the same problem I am leaning toward 2 rooms at the pop. But the previous poster said that they would feel crampped at the pop aren't the rooms the same size as the all stars?

minnie61650
04-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I have the same problem I am leaning toward 2 rooms at the pop. But the previous poster said that they would feel crampped at the pop aren't the rooms the same size as the all stars?

If you are considering a value resort All Stars will give you MORE floor space than Pop. Although both resorts are 260 square feet

The Pop rooms seem smaller because the bed is closer to the door with a bigger gap being between the bathroom wall and the far bed. At the All Stars this gap is about one foot wide. Giving you more floor space.

http://allearsnet.com/acc/asmv59.jpg
http://allearsnet.com/acc/popcent56.jpg

Also you cannot move the beds at Pop because they are bolted to the floor.
You can move the beds at the All Stars giving you even more usable floor space or you can move one of the beds against the wall keeping a little one safe.

Buzz2001
04-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Definitely POR!

vacationbound
04-02-2006, 10:33 AM
We're going to stick with one room and go with the Contemporary. I think my kids are still young enough where one bathroom is fine and they'll love being close to MK.