View Full Version : (Think I got my answer already) Upgrading to DVC discounted Annual pass

04-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Will Disney let me upgrade tickets I purchased 2/05 to DVC discounted APs?

I purchased two 10 day, no expiration park hopper passes in February 2005 and we have used 1 day on each pass. Now we are going back in August 2005 and February 2006 and I want to upgrade them to Annual Passes with the DVC discount. Will they give me the value of the 9 days left on the passes to use towards the APs?

Doctor P
04-01-2006, 05:11 PM
The answer I was given was, yes, but they would backdate the annual pass to begin with the first day you used the 10 day pass.

04-01-2006, 09:21 PM
The answer is yes and they will not backdate the annual pass. They only backdate to the first use of the ticket if you are turning in your MYW ticket within 14 days of the first use. In that case, you get full credit for the original price you paid for the MYW ticket even though 1 day was already used.

What you are doing is using the remaining value of your MYW ticket as partial payment towards a new annual pass (with the DVC discount). Your year of admission will start on the day you turn in the MYW ticket and get the annual pass. You can get the DVC-discounted price as long as you provide your DVC membership card and a photo ID.

Best wishes -

Doctor P
04-02-2006, 07:07 AM
I would check this. I am not trying to argue, but I was given a consistent answer at WDW at DD Guest Relations, Epcot Guest Relations, and SSR Guest Relations that no MYW ticket could be given any credit for a longer length pass including an AP after the first 14 days of use. Perhaps I phrased the question imperfectly, but I was stunned by the nature and consistency of the answer. I hope that the answer I was given was wrong.

04-02-2006, 08:15 AM
Docotor P - If you ask to "upgrade" you will always get that answer. In "Disneyspeak", upgrade means to turn in your ticket to get a longer/higher value pass and get full credit for the price you paid. You can only upgrade if you do it within 14 days of the first use of the MYW ticket.

What the OP wants to do (in Disney speak) is to get a "dollar credit" for the remaining value of her ticket and then apply that value towrds the purchase of a longer/higher value pass.

Read more about updgrading tickets -

Upgrading WDW TIckets (http://allearsnet.com/pl/ticket.htm#credpass)

Best wishes -

Doctor P
04-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks, that may have been the issue. I thought I was being clear, but maybe not. I appreciate the helpful link with the lingo so that I know next time.