PDA

View Full Version : Beach/Yacht Club resorts: No more mini bars???

k5thbeatle
03-31-2006, 06:02 PM
I know this can't be right but I heard from someone who told me that the rooms in these hotels no longer have mini bars or tolietries??? Maybe some kind of early April fools joke or something??? Can anyone confirm?

Exp626
03-31-2006, 06:14 PM
I was there this last Christmas and the mini bars were kinda gone. The refrigerators were there and empty for your own use. However, there was also a mini bar menu that you could order items from to fill the fridge.

The bathroom amenities were the same as before, but they were still there.

Disney Gator
03-31-2006, 08:13 PM
No mini bars, the fridges are empty for you to put whatever you want in them. You can call private dining to get just about anything you want.

DisneyDuke02
04-01-2006, 09:15 AM
The mini-bars were removed and replaced with refrigerators last year, however you can call private dining and have it stocked with one of several packages they offer. Reason for the change was that some people were upset about having lack of fridge space, housekeeping would run out of rentals, people didn't like fees, people dispute charges that could/could not be verified, etc. so the hotel changed to refrigerators in each room. Less hassle, less cost, more happy people (although some don't like it, but that's going to happen no matter what). BTW- for people who haven't been there, these are all mini-fridges with no real freezer area...not a regular size! :)

Toiletries are and always will be there - no need to worry!

JuneChickie
04-01-2006, 11:44 AM
is there a link to the private dining menu , would like to see the packages for the fridges ,, thanks