PDA

View Full Version : where to stay?

essmom
03-31-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm thinking about taking my 11,13 year olds in late July and don't know where to stay- we'd like to be a little close to the parks but not on monorail and would like a fun pool/beach area to come back to when we get too hot. We'll be going to MK, AK, and Epcot. Any thoughts??? do not need a budget hotel- would like a nice hotel - $200 range or so. Thanks

rnorberg
03-31-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm a huge fan of Coronado Springs. It's the newest of the "moderate" resorts..$179/night range. They have one of the coolest pools on property with a huge maya temple waterfall and a waterslide that has a jaguar that "spits" on you when you go down. Also, unlike the other moderate resorts, it has a full room service menu, and a much better food court that has alot more than the standard hamburger/hotdog menu. It also has a health club, and a spa.

essmom
03-31-2006, 05:32 PM
how far from the parks- do they have boat service/bus service- etc? Thanks

rnorberg
03-31-2006, 05:34 PM
its near the animal kingdom and has free disney bus transportation to all the parks/water parks/downtown disney, etc.

Sherri
03-31-2006, 06:27 PM
My kids loved the pool at the CBR and the buses were great, we didn't wait long at all. It was a great experience. Go to Disneyworld.com and take a virtual tour of the resort and others.

pinkminnie
03-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Another vote for CBR. Great mod. for kids and I love the tropical feel of the resort. :banana: