PDA

View Full Version : GF or VWL

BobsGirl
03-31-2006, 05:00 PM
Ok, I think I have been on these boards too much and I am catching what most of you have. Not being able to stick with the resort you have ressies for. :confused3 :teeth: Anyway. I am booked right now for the GF with a garden view but we have ADR's at Whispering Canyon, HDDR and Artist Point for during our stay. Should I switch from GF to the VWL 1 bedroom since most of our meals are around there and we are also going to be doing horseback riding and a carriage ride at FW during our stay. Would that make the most sense and cut down on time traveling? GF has always been my dream to stay at but I love VWL also. So if you have had a choice of either which would you choose. By the way this is our first trip, no kids, just me and DH and we have not stayed at either resort. HELP please with a decision. :rolleyes2

BobsGirl
03-31-2006, 08:41 PM
any opinions? anyone?? :rolleyes1

pinkminnie
03-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Well, if it was me and I had the money to stay at GF, I would stay there. Most people dream of a stay at GF and never get the chance. Since you don't have kids, travelling to the FW will be no problem for you and you will enjoy a change of scenery. IMHO, since you don't know how things will be in the future, go for the GF and you will always have that experience. From everything I have heard about it, it must be really wonderful. We plan to stay there in a few years when our DS's are older. :banana:

Joan S.
03-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi, I have stayed at both the GF and the VWL.The GF has been my favorite resort since we first stayed there in 1988! It is JUST BEAUTIFUL and I have had wonderful stays. I am sure you will LOVE it, if that is what you choose. Now with that being said I have stayed at the VWL once, in a 1 bedroom (last April) and I liked the hotel and atmosphere well enough to stay again in the hotel this past February! The WL also has a WONDERFUL atmosphere and is BEAUTIFUL (but in a different way than the GF). We also wanted to return to Whispering Canyon(we had great Breakfasts and Dinners here!) I think that if you do want to cut down on transportation(and I noticed you will be there the week of 4th of July) rebooking the 1bedroom at VWL might be right for you! If you have any ??'s feel free to ask! Joan

BobsGirl
04-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Thanks so much for your info. I really appreciate it. I think I will just keep GF and our next trip stay at the VWL with the kids. More travel but probably we will not stay at the GF in the future with the kids, they would probably enjoy the WL better. Thanks again. I really do appreciate your help! :thumbsup2