PDA

View Full Version : resort help

reggiedunlop
03-31-2006, 01:48 PM
Hello, I have been reading the boards for awhile, but just started contributing.

My significant other and I take seperate vacations once or twice a year. I was thinking of visiting Disney World in Orlando on one of these such occasions.

Is there a resort anyone could suggest that has an active 'night life' or at least within a reasonable proximity?

One with a larger population of single women would be helpful also. Married women that enjoy 'the lifestyle' are also a possibility, but would prefer the singles for obvious reasons.

Money is no object for this particular vacation. I am thinking the second week in August if this matters.

Thanx in advance,
Reggie Dunlop

disneyfan67
03-31-2006, 02:08 PM
Well, Reggie I would recomend Las Vegas for what you're looking for and their famous saying "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". WDW isn't too well known for a swinging lifestyle. Good luck and have a phone number handy of a good Divorce lawyer. :rotfl2:

reggiedunlop
03-31-2006, 02:11 PM
I have done Vegas a few times, was just looking for something in Florida this time.

One would need to be married to have a need for a divorce lawyer.

I did have the displeasure of meeting a divorce lawyer once. He was quite a pig of a human being.

dylansmom1
03-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Instead of Disney I would suggest staying at Universal's Hard Rock Hotel. It's close to the Citywalk clubs and is usually got it's fair share of single women.

I would also suggest Cancun as a destination. WDW is usually more family oriented.

mickeyluv'r
03-31-2006, 02:52 PM
I sort of have to agree with everyone else on this...Disney does have Pleasure Island and HOB, but only the DTD hotels are really near it. They aren't really that kind of place. Otherwise you'd have to hop on a bus to get back to your resort.

CSR, and the Swan/Dolphin do have a number of conventions, so you might easily hit some convention goers at the bar from the afternoon onwards....but not so much a 'singles' scene. From the Swan/DOlphin , there's also bars at the Boardwalk: ESPN, Jellyrolls, and the Atlantic Dance Club.

I agree that in Orlando, the Hard Rock Hotel would probably be a decent choice. Again, there's likely to be largely families there, but also a kind of party atmosphere, and much more open alcohol than at WDW. The Citiwalk is also close to the hotel.

Have you looked at Miami at all?

Overall though the Orlando attractions are much more geared towrds people who either are kids, or who want to act like kids, than people who want to play adult games. If you keep that in mind, and modify your expectaions a bit, you might just have a blast in Orlando.

Lynne M
04-01-2006, 12:01 AM
You'll want to check out Miami or one of the beach resort areas. There aren't any Disney resorts with large numbers of single women, or at least not single women who are interested in temporary companionship. It's just not the kind of place that attracts singles who are 'looking'. Most people are there with their families. Club Med, it ain't.

You might find some singles in the bars at the convention resorts after hours, but most of those people are there on business and are going to be spending time with their coworkers or customers.

If you're going to Disney World to enjoy the theme parks, restaurants and resorts, you'll have a wonderful time. If your main purpose is to find companionship, you're going to waste a lot of time and money.

disneyfan67
04-01-2006, 12:26 AM
I have done Vegas a few times, was just looking for something in Florida this time.

One would need to be married to have a need for a divorce lawyer.

I did have the displeasure of meeting a divorce lawyer once. He was quite a pig of a human being.

My significant other and I take seperate vacations once or twice a year.

After reading your post it sounded like you were married or at least had someone serious. "My bad" as the younger generation says. One more question if you wouldn't mind? Does your significant other know you're looking for some action on the side when you go on vacation? It's none of my business but your post made me laugh. I can tell you that WDW isn't South Beach or Key West and if you're not interested in theme parks and resorts, then your SOL. I don't think WDW is the hot spot for swinging singles, Austin Powers. Good luck on that and let me know how it works out for you. :cool1:

Hobbes
04-01-2006, 05:49 AM
Ick. :sick: :sick:

reggiedunlop
04-01-2006, 10:41 AM
My policy on informing my Sig Other about my activities on my separate vacation is much like Bill Clinton's policy on twinks in the military, don't ask, don't tell.

Also, being a Sig Other, she is also replaceable. She knows this and thus far, seems to be ok with it. If not, it’s sayonara sweet heart.

I am a bit confused with everyone’s comments. You seem to want me to try another location for a vacation. Am I not welcome in the Magic Kingdom? The gays take the park over for an entire week and that's ok, but I want to visit and it's somehow a problem. Ponderous.