PDA

View Full Version : BC or BCV for 2007? WWYD?


janet89
03-31-2006, 10:47 AM
Here's my dilemma . . . I'm planning for the first week of June, 2007. I know we want to stay at BC . This is great because I had a really hard time deciding for our one night in 2005. I was positive we would rent points for a 2 bdrm BCV from an owner, and was planning on doing that in July when the 11 mo. window opens. Now, my DSIL doesn't know if they will go or not. She says I'm planning WAY too early. Which means they will probably decide four or five months out. I don't really want to get stuck with a huge villa for the three of us (DH, me and DS). But, then again, it would be awesome to have the space. :thumbsup2 We have some good friends that might go, but I don't want to say anything to them and then DSIL decide to go. That would be mean. For that price we could stay concierge at BC. Which would also be awesome, and I know we would use it, because I am planning on breaks. But . . . if DSIL decides to go, they may not want to pay the $$$ for concierge level. It is ALOT of $$$, but if I can start paying soon it won't be so bad. I had also thought about just renting a studio, but then we may not be able to find points for DSIL for that time frame. I have also thought about just a standard room, but we really would like a way to be able to have breakfast in the room and snacks for our breaks.
I'm just wanting others opinions on this. I know BC is pricey, but this may be our last trip. DH is a been there, done that type of guy. WWYD in this situation?
P.S. Sorry for all my rambling

BYC
03-31-2006, 12:28 PM
I think you need to tell DSIL to s#@& or get off the pot! Then, make your plans for your family. This is why I will only vacation with my own family. When you try to arrange for other people, it just gets frustrating. Tell DSIL you are making your ressie now, and that she can make hers wherever, and whenever she wants!

mommyintn
03-31-2006, 12:31 PM
We are looking at the BCV too (if will save us money instead of 2 rooms at Poly) anyway I too had looked at renting points but it is only going to save us about $125 booking through Disney instead of renting points. About the family situadtion I would just find out who is going and can commit now, if it's your friends fine. But you need to explain to DSIL that depending on the time of year your going they could find themselves without a room where they want to be or the type of room. I'm all for planning ahead. :)

janet89
03-31-2006, 12:50 PM
I don't think DSIL realizes what goes into planning a Disney vacation. I did LOTS of research for our DCL and one night stay in 2005. It was fun for me to research everything! I think many people just "show up" and then complain :furious: because they don't know how things work.
Anyway, I think we may just go with a studio or 1 bdrm. for ourselves and let our family make their own arrangements.

KJHawley
03-31-2006, 01:02 PM
A 2 bedroom at BCV is often just a one bedroom plus a studio. You could always book a one bedroom now, and if your relatives decide to come with you, they could book a studio later. They probably wouldn't be able to rent points by then, they'd have to book it as a regular room. However, you could add "adjoining rooms" to your ressies, and it would still work out the same as a two bedroom.

jeast
03-31-2006, 01:07 PM
don't make her problems your worries. Do what YOU want to do and let her worry about her. Let her know your plans and if she decides to go, great. If not, great. Make sure you don't take the world's problems on your shoulders. If she waited too long to plan her trip and can't afford BC, then I'm sure she'll enjoy the all stars and can meet you at the parks or at dinner.