PDA

View Full Version : Checking Kids into Clubs

Showe
03-31-2006, 09:44 AM
We are going on our first cruise 6/18 - 6/22. :cool1: DS will be 1 and DD will be 8. I antcipate spending some time at Nassua (not sure how much) and of course all day on CC and Wed. is our day at sea. We tend to do a lot as a family and plan to spend most of our time together but I know at some point the kids will want to try the clubs....but my question is if the kids don't want to utilize the clubs until WED do we have to check them in on the first day we board or can this be done on a daily basis?

nzdisneymom
03-31-2006, 09:53 AM
My understanding is that you can check them in / register them any day. It might be worth going by on the first day and registering them, getting the wristband, etc. so that they are in the system. I liked the boys having the wristbands as it was a good quick ID for the boys should they get separated from us (ages 8 and 9 at the time). My older DS didn't like the wristband much so he ended up taking his off and we just got a new one the next time we went... my younger DS didn't remove his until after we got home.

Haley'smom
03-31-2006, 10:26 AM
You can also register them for the club at the terminal, so if you get there early and have time to kill you can get one thing out of the way.

I also noted some of the face characters (cinderella, alice, etc.) checking out my DD's bracelet so that they could call her by name :rolleyes:

I hope that you and your family have a great cruise

4theloveofdisney
03-31-2006, 10:37 AM
You pre-register them online and then once you check in at the port, there is a line where you can go and get their wristbands and your pager. For the Oceaneer Club and Lab, you don't have to check them in until you want to - it's all up to you. I'm not sure about your 1-year-old as I believe that you do have to schedule nursery time. However the clubs are come and go as you please pretty much. They do have a meet the staff type of event on the first day that you may wnat to check out to introduce your child but it's not a mandatory thing. One last note: Check your guide once on the ship so that you know what is going on at the clubs before heading there. We went to the club one day only to find that the group was out on deck having fun with musical instruments, chalk drawings and such. HTH!

grimley1968
03-31-2006, 10:47 AM
You pre-register them online and then once you check in at the port, there is a line where you can go and get their wristbands and your pager. For the Oceaneer Club and Lab, you don't have to check them in until you want to - it's all up to you. I'm not sure about your 1-year-old as I believe that you do have to schedule nursery time. However the clubs are come and go as you please pretty much. They do have a meet the staff type of event on the first day that you may wnat to check out to introduce your child but it's not a mandatory thing. One last note: Check your guide once on the ship so that you know what is going on at the clubs before heading there. We went to the club one day only to find that the group was out on deck having fun with musical instruments, chalk drawings and such. HTH!

Good post. Question though about this pager they give you when you get it at the port: do you have to keep the same one throughout the trip? Or do you have to get a different one every time you leave your kids at the clubs? I'm not sure which whay I'd prefer (probably where I didn't have to carry it if my kids are with me, I suppose).

nzdisneymom
03-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Good post. Question though about this pager they give you when you get it at the port: do you have to keep the same one throughout the trip? Or do you have to get a different one every time you leave your kids at the clubs? I'm not sure which whay I'd prefer (probably where I didn't have to carry it if my kids are with me, I suppose).

You have the same pager for the whole time you're on the ship. We only carried ours with us if the kids were in the club. I usually had it unless I was off to an event like a cooking demo or a spa treatment - then DH had it.

Colorado DISers
03-31-2006, 05:26 PM
:wave2: Showe,
We will also be taking of first cruise on the June 18th. Wonder. Great question, I was wondering about that myself.

Showe
03-31-2006, 07:20 PM
:wave2: Showe,
We will also be taking of first cruise on the June 18th. Wonder. Great question, I was wondering about that myself.

Hey there .... glad to hear someone else is going on this cruise. :cool1: I was beginning to WONDER ? (tee hee).. Glad to see you have two close to mine in age....my DS will be 11 (I accidentally put that he is "1" on my original post) and DD will be 8.

4theloveofdisney
03-31-2006, 07:42 PM

Someone already answered this but, yes, you keep the same pager the entire time. I just wanted to add that at the end of the cruise you will need to turn it back in and will receive a receipt that you need to keep as proof that you did so.