PDA

View Full Version : When ordering drinks at the adult pool, is the tip included?

Jillpie
03-30-2006, 11:18 PM
We were on the Wonder last April, but never indulged in a frozen drinkie at the bar. This time, that has to change on the Magic! So, when they come around and take your order and you sign for it, is the tip included in the price or do you write down the tip you want to give? thanks.

clh2
03-30-2006, 11:24 PM
A 15% tip is included on any beverage, i.e. soda at the bar, non-alcoholic "fru-fru" drinks, and alcoholic beverages, wine in the restaurants etc.

You will have the option to add an additional tip if you wish - i.e. if the server is getting specific drinks for you at CC.

Jillpie
03-30-2006, 11:36 PM
okay, so you're saying if we're sitting at the pool, and the slip that has the tip at the bottom, I leave that blank because they have already charged me for it? You mean they are asking for more that that with that blank space? Isn't that kind of sneaky of them?

scrapperjill
03-31-2006, 02:28 AM
It is sneaky (IMO)...and they got us GOOD on our first cruise. Even thought I read on the boards before hand about the tip being added in...by the time we got on the ship I totaly forgot.

But YES...the tip is already added onto EVERY drink ordered on the ship and at CC. Even at the coffee bar. And ALL the slips you'll sign for the drinks will have the blank "tip" line for you to fill in any EXTRA tip you want. (But now where on the slip dose it say a tip was already added or that what you fill in will be an "additional" tip). At times I feel adding an extra tip is the right thing to do...but not in all situation.

mmouse37
03-31-2006, 09:19 AM
Many people do not realize that the tip is already added in....so they wind up tipping twice.

It is not just DCL....most cruiselines do it this way.

Now, at times we have developed a "relationship" with one of the servers by the pool or a bartender and we decided we wanted to tip additional....but it is not necessary.

TheWog
03-31-2006, 09:32 AM
Sometimes as mentioned above you develop a good relationship and take care of that server. We did this on RCI and by the end of the cruise all drinks in the Carousel lounge were coming with no charge. Of course she received a nice cash tip at the end of the night.

The line is there for anything above and beyond. Lourdes and her partner at the Goofy pool always received additional as they took great care of us everytime we saw them.

Jillpie
03-31-2006, 12:00 PM
but don't ya feel guilty handing back a signed piece of paper with an empty tip line?? Where does it say tip is included?

mmouse37
03-31-2006, 12:04 PM
but don't ya feel guilty handing back a signed piece of paper with an empty tip line?? Where does it say tip is included?

Not at all....I don't know if it says tip included or not, but I know it is so I don't feel bad about not tipping extra until I want to.

SeaSpray
03-31-2006, 12:33 PM
Sometimes as mentioned above you develop a good relationship and take care of that server. We did this on RCI and by the end of the cruise all drinks in the Carousel lounge were coming with no charge. Of course she received a nice cash tip at the end of the night.

The line is there for anything above and beyond. Lourdes and her partner at the Goofy pool always received additional as they took great care of us everytime we saw them.

We LOVED Lourdes, she was an excellent CM when we saw her every day at the Cove Cafe!!! DH and I always gladly gave her an extra tip :thumbsup2 Does anyone know if she's still sailing on the Magic?

Go to this page on my web site to see a picture of Lourdes, and pictures of the wonderful frozen coffee drinks she made for us every day!!

http://www.brownfamilyvacations.com/html/covecafe.htm

P.S. I really thought that the receipt *did* show the amount of the gratuity already figured in... :scratchin I remember seeing how much it was, and then writing in an extra couple of dollars, and rounding the amount off. Hold on, I have some of our receipts in the Disney Cruise Memory box that our TA gave us.... *going to look......* Oh rats, none of the receipts were from the Cove Cafe... :confused3

misseulalie
03-31-2006, 01:18 PM
It's kinda the same thing when I go pick up dinner at a restaurant. They didn't serve me, they only brought me the bag with the food in it. But when I sign the credit card slip, they have the blank line. Do I fill it in? I can never decide what to do. :confused3

Serena6010
03-31-2006, 02:09 PM
It's kinda the same thing when I go pick up dinner at a restaurant. They didn't serve me, they only brought me the bag with the food in it. But when I sign the credit card slip, they have the blank line. Do I fill it in? I can never decide what to do. :confused3

I think you are supposed to tip 10% in this case. The tip is for the people in the restaurant who package your food so you can take it to go. :)

lovinaz
03-31-2006, 02:24 PM
On the slip it tells you what tip has been added, then it has a line for an additional tip.

Tarabra
03-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Yep, it says, "15% gratuity" I just draw a line through the blank space, then sign it. Sometimes it's a strange amount like .47. I'll even it up a little or if there is exceptional service, but I do have a hard time overtipping for just a beer. Go ahead...flame me! :cool1:

It's funny, I can't remember if it was DCL or RCCL, but this girl comes running down to the bar w/ her drink and says to the bartender, "Don't you remember, I'm the one that likes LOTS of tequila in my Margarita!!!" Duh! Wouldn't we all like a little extra tequila??? Wait...I take that back...too much tequila = trouble!! :rolleyes1 :sad2: :sick: :headache: :faint: