PDA

View Full Version : Just what does this mean?

grimley1968
03-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Repo cruise?

What does that mean. I keep seeing it on here, and the only thing I can think of is "repossession". :lmao: That actually sounds like my first and only cruise so far, on The Big Red Boat, about 3 months or so before they went bankrupt.

Surely, there is a happier meaning to this word or abbreviation on here. Right?

WDWLVR
03-30-2006, 04:44 PM
It actually is short for reposition. Moving the ship from one port to another for a stay. So the Magic will reposition from Port Canaveral to Spain, spend 2 months or so in Spain and then reposition back to Port Canaveral. Those special cruises there and back are called repo cruises.

Verandah Man
03-30-2006, 04:46 PM
Repo cruise?

What does that mean. I keep seeing it on here, and the only thing I can think of is "repossession". :lmao: That actually sounds like my first and only cruise so far, on The Big Red Boat, about 3 months or so before they went bankrupt.

Surely, there is a happier meaning to this word or abbreviation on here. Right?

The repo cruise is a repositioning cruise, meaning going to another home base port for a short time. Last summer the Magic went to California for a few months, so the ship was repositioned from Florida to California. Next summer (2007) the Magic will be repositioned to Spain as it's home base.

Hi Mary, looks like you were posting as I was typing, LOL!!!

grimley1968
03-31-2006, 10:51 AM
Whew! Good to know DCL's not going the way of The Big Red Boat!