PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary Tower or Grand Floridian GV?

riversidedude
03-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Ok, so I have got the plans down like this:

WL SV- 3 Nights
CR TV or GF GV or Poly GV- 4 Nights

Keep in mind that when you vote we will be going during the 1st week of December so they will have the Christmas decorations up. :santa: :wizard: Also another priority is the Monorail loop, as we will be traveling the most to Epcot and MK. Thanks!

kellyf2626
03-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Personally, I would do the GF. They have an amazing gingerbread house in the lobby - it is full scale!! Also, I think it would be a nice mix between the WL (rustic Christmas) and GF (elegant Christmas).

Have a blast!!! :sunny:

OKW Lover
03-30-2006, 04:48 PM
I've never felt "at home" at the GF. It just feels too stuffy for me - even with all those people running around in shorts and Goofy hats. :thumbsup2

I love the Contemporary Tower rooms, especially the MK view. But overall, the hotel is a bit too much like a big city hotel for my taste.

As you've probably guessed by now, I voted for the Poly. I love the relaxed atmosphere. At night its pretty romantic.

jaysue
03-30-2006, 08:42 PM
GF at Christmas time is amazing

enjoy!

cheers
jaysue

:wizard:

SeaSpray
03-31-2006, 07:20 AM
I voted for the Polynesian for 2 reasons: I love the theming and overall feel of the resort (so far, it's my personal favorite), and also because you said you'd be mainly going to the MK and Epcot, and can walk to TTC from the Polynesian and get right onto the Epcot monorail.

Last summer we split our stay between the WL and the Polynesian and it was great; loved both resorts :thumbsup2

My second choice would be the Grand Floridian. Third choice, the Contemporary.

RobinMarie
03-31-2006, 07:24 AM
GF! It's an amazing resort for Christmas! The beautiful lobby is just perfect for the Victorian holiday splendor! You can visit the others easily enough!

erinz
03-31-2006, 08:56 AM
We stayed at the Contemporary (Tower) last December and let me give you my thoughts. We loved it there. Being able to take the monerail was awesome. You REALLY felt in the middle of Disney there! But...

The Contemporary was not a relaxing place for us. There is alot of exciting enery and activity which you may prefer, but I remember taking the monerail to the Floridian and immediately feeling calmed. The Floridian is a retreat, the Contempororay is.....kind of an extention of the parks.

The other thing is the decorations. If you want to feel Christmasy, you will be in heaven at the Floridian. There are barely any at the Contemporary.

The only thing I can think of against the Floridian, but it's no big deal, is that it's the last stop on the monerail befoe the MK. Even during the first week of December sometimes the monerails were almost full when they reached the Floridian, so not everyone waiting there could get on. And, it will take a bit longer to get to Epcot.

But like I said, we loved staying at the Contemporary. It was the best trip so far! :wizard:

Good luck with your decision! And have a fantastic time!! You're picking the best time ever to go!!

DVC Sadie
03-31-2006, 10:49 AM
I love all of the monorail resorts for different reasons but I voted for the CR Tower room and let me tell you why. You can go back to your room earlier and order room service one night and have a special and magical view of the fireworks. You children all in pajamas and watching the display of the castle with the fireworks is truly a moment that you'll never forget. It seems as if the castle is right next door. Have a great trip whatever resort you choose.

roliepolieoliefan
03-31-2006, 01:39 PM
We've stayed in Poly GV and CR tower, MK view.

To me, the GF is stuffy! We love the Poly. Nothing says Disney Magic though then looking out your balcony at the MK. I vote for the CR, tower.

pearlieq
03-31-2006, 01:45 PM
The Polynesian has it all! It's a beautiful resort with big comfortable rooms and easy monorail access to both MK and Epcot.

I like GF and all, but the Polynesian is just so much better. It seems less spread out, the pools are lovely, and the theming is instantly relaxing. Plus, you're only 2 stops away from MK and you can easily walk to TTC.

I honestly thought the Contemporary was a dog. It was dirty, in disrepair, and the theming is so bland and uncharismatic. The monorail access is nice, and the Grand Canyon Concouse is fun, but the GF and Polynesian are so much better!

Bugsmom73
03-31-2006, 02:08 PM
I voted Poly. It sounds relaxing, CR would be my second choice.