PDA

View Full Version : Who Wants To Be A Millionaire--play It!

Plutofan1
03-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Please post your experiences with the Who Wants to be a Millionaire attractian at the Disney Studios. Please tell what you won and how many points you got.

Mecha Figment
03-30-2006, 03:53 PM
the only experience i have with the show is that little known to you guests is that we can watch people playing from any breakroom around MGM. yep youre on film just like the real show.

Dopey Sharon
03-30-2006, 03:57 PM
I won a hat and some pins up to 1000 points.

I can't tell you at which point I lost because I was so nervous that I can't remember!

paladin
03-30-2006, 04:20 PM
I made it into the hot seat 5 times. On all of the trips I got the hat/pins and shirt at 32,000. Once I got to 500,000; once to 125,000 and then the other times to 64,000, though I fell back to 32,000 since I got the question at the higher levels wrong. Darn! Last time I was there, I didn't even make it to the top ten any of the times we went (I am either getting slower or dumber). I once spent an entire day on a solo trip doing nothing but going on to WWTBAM. One of my all-time favorite attractions.

wdwguide
03-30-2006, 04:51 PM
I lost at the 64000 question I think. I have the hat and shirt - it's been a LONG time, I should try again.

disneyfanforever
03-30-2006, 04:56 PM
I lost at the 125,000 question I think. I too fell back down to the last level since I got the question wrong. I came home with several pins, hat and polo shirt. Oh, I also came home with a huge bruise. I am short and while trying to get down from the chair, I pretty much fell and raked my leg on the monitor and ripped my leg. Luckily most people were leaving the theatre and didn't see it. The poor host practically had to catch me. So embarrassing.

ReninDetroit
03-30-2006, 05:07 PM
My dad lost at the 125,000 point. he walked away with a polo, hat and some pins.

We actually lost him for a little while after the show, as they made him run off and sign some kind of waiver and give him the prizes.

Eventually we found him outside. People waved to him all day telling him good job. :teeth:

LYNSUE
03-30-2006, 05:13 PM
DH has made it to the hot seat twice. Just this past December 2005 and prior to that it was in November 2004. November he got to 32,000 with hat and polo shirt and a bunch of pins. December it was less than 32,000 when he got the question wrong so he fell to the 1000 mark. So then it was only the hat and pins. We were there September 2005 but did not make it to the hot seat. We usually play about 3 to 4 shows in a row in an afternoon.

It was really fun when he got to the hot seat but DH kept beating himself up afterwards for getting the questions wrong. However, he did get recognized by other guests later that day when we continued to tour MGM.

Plutofan1
03-30-2006, 05:34 PM
What is the grand prize?

paladin
03-30-2006, 05:37 PM
The grand prize is a three-night Disney cruise for 4.

QuickGold
03-31-2006, 01:55 PM
This page will be helpful to those not totally familiar with the attraction: http://www.mgmstudios.org/millionairefaq.html

Stitch65
03-31-2006, 02:05 PM
:confused3 Never been a big fan of this TV show, so we've always skipped the MGM show. Are we missing out?

Scuba Steve
03-31-2006, 07:03 PM
My wife got into the hot seat and she almost dropped dead.

Her hot seat experience can be found here (http://www.*************/dec12.htm)

huskies90
03-31-2006, 07:31 PM
I got in by randomly pushing buttons in the first fastest finger question. I had no desire to get into the hot seat and I only did it to see if it would work. When my number popped up at #1, I had an oh my god, what have I done feeling come over me. I got the hat and pins then missed the next question which had to be the easiest question in the world. I was glad to get off that stage, though...

hulagirl87
03-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I was in the hot seat once and it was a terrifying experience! I was so nervous. I only got to the 1000 point question, so I got the hat and the pins. It' s a fun game to play, but I wouldn't want to be in the hot seat again - the lights, the music - too stressful!

puffinp51
03-31-2006, 07:53 PM
I made it to the level you get the hat, polo shirt and 10 "collector" pins on a lanyard. I was actually the second person to play during a session as the first person was out early. I wasn't too worried about making it in the hot seat because the people in front of us were 'pros' - I guess they go every time and every day - they were number one both times. But darn't they had been in the hot seat in the past 30 days (all three of them) so it was my turn. It is a bit un-nerving but once you get past the chit-chat it was really quite fun. And it is true when they say it's easy to forget the answers to questions you know. My favorite part was the 'phone a stranger' lifeline where the CM out in the park hands a phone to a complete stranger. My stranger was Ray, I gave him the question - even spelled the word - and the next thing I hear is a lady saying "hello, hello?". Ray must not have known the answer :) It was an experience I will always remember and my family thought was the greatest. If you get a chance to play, go for it. It was a hoot. And I will now always remember that Indonesia, not Malaysia, governs the island of Java. :teeth: