PDA

View Full Version : Money in Epcot?!?!?!?!

emokid9963
03-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Im 16 and Im going to Epcot tomorrow 3-31-06 on a field trip :thumbsup2 and I was wondering does everyplace in Epcot except credit/debt cards? Because I dont know if I need to get money or not? Because I own a credit/debt card and I want to know if u can use those at things like little stands to get ice cream and soda and to get souvoniers? I dont like to carry money around so can someone tell me now before I go and have to use THEIR atm!!!!! THX IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Boncho
03-30-2006, 02:36 PM
As far as I know, all of the shops take credit/debit cards but the little stands and carts that sell drinks etc. I think take cash.

PoohHappens
03-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Hi Emokid, I will say most do, but not absolutely everything. I think like the carts selling the little light up stuff doesn't. You might want to have a $20 in the back pocket just in case. I do not think you would need more cash than that. The ATMs at disney are Chase so unless that is where you bank there will be fees involved. Have a wonderful day. Ohhh to be 16 again........................... that would take LOTS of pixie dust.

Nanajo1
03-30-2006, 02:39 PM
My error.

Robo
03-30-2006, 02:39 PM
You can use your cards. But for ice cream stands and the like, you'll do EVERYONE a favor if you'll carry and use CASH for the little purchases.

How would you like to be behind a dozen people in line each spending under $5 and waiting to complete a CARD transaction?

Its not pleasant.
Please carry and use SOME cash.

Mecha Figment
03-30-2006, 02:57 PM
i'll go and use my card at the next icecream stand i see. Just to spite you!It's not our fault, it's the fact that disney has given the cards the old readers that use to be used in the retail stores. so they are slower.

grimley1968
03-30-2006, 03:02 PM
i'll go and use my card at the next icecream stand i see. Just to spite you!It's not our fault, it's the fact that disney has given the cards the old readers that use to be used in the retail stores. so they are slower.

Was this in jest? Wow. Kind of harsh if it wasn't a joke.

Anyway, we seemed to use our debit card at about every type of stand WDW has, and all seemed to accept it. But I would have some money with you just in case a stand or two doesn't have them.

Personally, I've never had much of a problem waiting on others using the debit cards. I thought they were all on WDW's wireless network anyway? If so, there should not be much of a speed difference from one to the other.

Bill From PA
03-30-2006, 05:19 PM
You might want to have a $20 in the back pocket just in case. I do not think you would need more cash than that.

That'll buy him a bottle of water and a nice, hot pretzel! :rotfl2:

Bill From PA