PDA

View Full Version : Questions about drinks on board

grimley1968
03-30-2006, 01:09 PM
I have some questions about drinks (non-alcoholic) on board. My BIL has been on a 4-day DCL cruise, and he's tried to answer them, but seemed unsure himself.

- Are soft drinks (e.g. Coke, Diet Coke, etc.) included with the price of the cruise?

- What types of drinks besides soft drinks can you get at the fountains?

- My BIL thought you had to buy some kind of mug (like at the WDW resorts) to get soft drinks. Is this true? I hope not, because I'd prefer not to have to bring a mug with us every time we go to the pool or whatever just to get drinks. If mugs are required, I guess I can understand part of the chair-saving that goes on by the pools. You'd need a place just to stow all of that. ;)

- And one final question, and this does concern alcoholic drinks: At the rotational dining, do the drinks there include, say, beer & wine? Or are those considered extra?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

cristit14
03-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Soft drinks are included at the drink station on deck 9 (and Castaway Cay) and in the restaurants. If you get them at a bar there is a charge for them (not sure about room service). You don't need to bring mugs they have cups available at the drink stations.

I know they had iced tea at the drink stations, it seems like there was some sort of punch and maybe lemonade.

Any alcoholic drinks have a charge with the exception of the captain's receptiona and the castaway club reception.

Have a great cruise!

ironwill1979
03-30-2006, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=cristit14] If you get them at a bar there is a charge for them (not sure about room service). [QUOTE]

There is a charge for soft drinks from room service. The food from room service is included in the cruise price though. :thumbsup2

grimley1968
03-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks everyone. This is good info for us.

I especially like that no mugs are needed. That would have been a real annoyance to carry around.

BTW, is the drink station on Deck 9 self-serve? I hope so. Is it next to the pizzeria, or snack bar, or something like that?

cristit14
03-30-2006, 02:27 PM
The station on Deck 9 is self serve. It is on one side of the Mickey pool and there is Pluto's doghouse on the other (hamburgers, chicken tenders, fries, etc.)The pizza place is just around next to the Goofy pool. It is all very close together.

grimley1968
03-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Great! Self-serve is so much faster than waiting on a CM who is taking food orders from other guests.

Thanks again. :thumbsup2

mmouse37
03-30-2006, 05:05 PM
Here is a pic of one side of the drink station....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/mmouse37/sodamachine.jpg

They also have coffee, tea, hot cocoa, milk available at the drink station. At one time they did make you purchase a mug and then use that to refill....but now they just offer the mug for $3 as a souvineer but you do not need it to get the drinks.

Here is another pic...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a213/mmouse37/drink.jpg

Now, when the above pic was taken back in 2003, they did have CM dispensing drinks as that was the time of the virus outbreak and they did not want the guests to be handling things....but now guests are allowed to serve themselves again.

grimley1968
03-31-2006, 09:49 AM
WOW! Answers don't get much more informative than pics like that. Thanks! Looks like a pretty good selection of the soft drinks.